You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Do you believe in God?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Do you believe in God(s)?

Yes, I believe in the God of Abraham.
6
35%
Yes, I believe in a God or Gods other than the God of Abraham.
1
6%
Yes, but I am not a practising believer.
1
6%
I believe there is an unknown force or existence which is not a God (e.g. alternate realities).
1
6%
I don't know.
0
No votes
No, but I believe there is an afterlife.
0
No votes
No, but I believe in reincarnation.
0
No votes
No, I am an atheist.
5
29%
No, I am an agnostic.
3
18%
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 17

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Maybe make a poll on this thread...
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17559
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9153 times
Been thanked: 8455 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby pyrasur » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 am

Nope.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2299 times
Been thanked: 1854 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 am

JANCKER wrote:Maybe make a poll on this thread...


Good idea. Will do it when I'm on my PC


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31081
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8749 times
Been thanked: 7345 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Dalv » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:42 pm

yeah but you'd need to specify which god :lol:
User avatar
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Dalv wrote:yeah but you'd need to specify which god
There is only one God...
The three monotheistic Religions believe in the same God, we just pray to him in our own ways...


Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26536
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21846 times
Been thanked: 6123 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Added a poll and tried to make it as comprehensive as I could think of. Allowing 2 votes per user in case some of the options are compatible with each other.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31081
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8749 times
Been thanked: 7345 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Hardrade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:06 pm

"I am agnostic" is a sufficient answer. Putting 'no' before is kind of contradictory
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
User avatar
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 141 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Hardrade wrote:"I am agnostic" is a sufficient answer. Putting 'no' before is kind of contradictory
Therefore one day agnostics can be convinced...


Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26536
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21846 times
Been thanked: 6123 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 pm

... could ...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9066
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 2512 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Just saw this...
Not really related but...
https://www.google.com.mt/amp/www.daily ... lfast.html
http://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/news/minn-play ... ot/?src=hm

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26536
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21846 times
Been thanked: 6123 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby icewizard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
icewizard wrote:For me, it's simply illogical that there is no superior being to create everything we live in... And this is the result of logical thinking, not because i'm practicing a religion and following it blindly in matters of belief.

As a friend of mine said in french: "A chaque toile, son artiste" which means, "to every painting, its artist"... What about the creator of the universe?

Since you want to use logical reasoning instead of faith how would you solve the riddle of the omnipotence paradox? Can a God create a task it cannot accomplish and still be declared omnipotent?


God can do whatever he wants, he doesn't have to do it because you want him to...

God have created scientific rules to go buy, he can overpass them, but he doesn't have to.

Example: "can you get a whole camel through a needle head?"

Yes God is able to, but will he do it to please you? He doesn't have to...
User avatar
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:54 pm

icewizard wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
icewizard wrote:For me, it's simply illogical that there is no superior being to create everything we live in... And this is the result of logical thinking, not because i'm practicing a religion and following it blindly in matters of belief.

As a friend of mine said in french: "A chaque toile, son artiste" which means, "to every painting, its artist"... What about the creator of the universe?

Since you want to use logical reasoning instead of faith how would you solve the riddle of the omnipotence paradox? Can a God create a task it cannot accomplish and still be declared omnipotent?


God can do whatever he wants, he doesn't have to do it because you want him to...

God have created scientific rules to go buy, he can overpass them, but he doesn't have to.

Example: "can you get a whole camel through a needle head?"

Yes God is able to, but will he do it to please you? He doesn't have to...


this also works if you replace god with "my invisible friend"
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Dalv » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm

lol icewizard what makes you so convinced of that random gibberish? you take it for certain just like that, out of the blue, like you have seen it with your own eyes or something. please point me to a rational evidence of some sort.
How do you guys come up with these random rules? It reminds me of childhood: "hey brother why are you blocking my monopoly avenue with a dinosaur, that's not how you play? -- Oh it is how you play now because I say so!"
oh, and who created this god if you like logical thinking? :D
User avatar
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Hardrade wrote:"I am agnostic" is a sufficient answer. Putting 'no' before is kind of contradictory


Fair enough. Won't edit though because i think it removes all votes if i do


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31081
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8749 times
Been thanked: 7345 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby icewizard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:27 pm

nm462272 wrote:
icewizard wrote:God can do whatever he wants, he doesn't have to do it because you want him to...

God have created scientific rules to go buy, he can overpass them, but he doesn't have to.

Example: "can you get a whole camel through a needle head?"

Yes God is able to, but will he do it to please you? He doesn't have to...


this also works if you replace god with "my invisible friend"


Remember that "invisible" doesn't mean "inexistent", feelings are invisible, but they exist...

so yeah, God is invisible due to our "vision limitations"... and God is not from a material dimension... But God is seen from the heart and mind...

Dalv wrote:lol icewizard what makes you so convinced of that random gibberish? you take it for certain just like that, out of the blue, like you have seen it with your own eyes or something. please point me to a rational evidence of some sort.
How do you guys come up with these random rules? It reminds me of childhood: "hey brother why are you blocking my monopoly avenue with a dinosaur, that's not how you play? -- Oh it is how you play now because I say so!"
oh, and who created this god if you like logical thinking? :D


I don't come up with random rules, it's a very logical thinking using causality...

Suppose everything have a cause to exist. The common sense will not accept that there is an unlimited generation of causes (the cause of the cause of the cause ... etc.). This suite must have a beginning, which is called the First Cause, who itself does not need a cause, but exist by itself without the need of anything.

And if you say "who created the First Cause?" wanting to say that it itself was created, then it is NOT the First Cause.

After all it makes much more sense than to say that from the whole universe which is exponentially big, to the small atom which is exponentially small, have been created randomly out "nothing"...
User avatar
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests