You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

deutschland ein sommer maerchen

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 pm

I got the DVD today. Yeah!!!! :D \:D/ There is about 200 minutes of extras on the DVD so I'm not going to watch all of it in one night. It looks like there is some fitness tricks by Klinsmann on the DVD. That should be interesting.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:27 am

So far this is what I have seen on the DVD.

1) There is an interview with Oliver Kahn in the extra footage. I do not know what he is saying but I will translate it as soon as I can. BTW...did you know that Oliver sleeps with his socks on? Talk about sexy. LOL!!

2) I was suprise that the Doping Control official did not wear gloves while testing. In the film you see Neuville get tested but Odonkor gets tested also. It was interesting to see how they determine who gets tested. Also, the official talked about how there was a rumor about the Ecuadorian team being unclean. He said that they were clean and did not know how that rumor started. You do see the goalie waiting to be tested with Neuville. I, for one, did not hear of the rumor but I guess it was going around.

3) Klinsmann still has the moves. The coaching staff played a game and Klinsmann played to win that was for sure. He made a nice kick in the game that led to a goal.

4) I did not know but Oliver Kahn did not go to the premier of the film. He was no where to be found. Also, most of the team came without their wifes or girlfriends to the premier. Some walked on the red carpet real fast. I guess they did not want to be stopped.

5) Nice pool scene in the extra footage. The players and Klinsmann were at a pool that was outdoor and I have to say is WOW!!! :D

I will say that you can tell that they left out a lot of footage so I hope they do put out another DVD with the footage that they didn't put on this one.

I'll post more later.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:40 am

I don´t really care about them. I´m only interested in football games.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:27 am

Paddy wrote:I don´t really care about them. I´m only interested in football games.

Then why did you post in this thread? If you don't care then why take the time to make a comment. :roll:

There are a lot of fans out there who were moved by the German NT during the WC. Since there is a film about the team, many fans, especially the ones who live outside Germany, are curious about the film and what is in it. Therefore, I posted some things about the film for those who have not seen it or might not get a chance to see it.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:54 am

Any plans on English dubbing or subtitles yet?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Paddy wrote:I don´t really care about them. I´m only interested in football games.

Then why did you post in this thread? If you don't care then why take the time to make a comment. :roll:

There are a lot of fans out there who were moved by the German NT during the WC. Since there is a film about the team, many fans, especially the ones who live outside Germany, are curious about the film and what is in it. Therefore, I posted some things about the film for those who have not seen it or might not get a chance to see it.

It´s cool and all but if it was meant for a wider public it would have had subtitles. And I don´t understand german so watching some sweaty guys for me would be gay. :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:10 pm

The reason why there are no subtitles or why it's not being available world wide is because there's a problem with the handling of the profits from the film. The profits from the film shown in the theatres was supposed to go to a children's charity. As of today, only 1 euro per ticket has actually gone to the charity that the players picked which wasn't the agreement. Until the issue gets resolved and the charity gets all the money, the players are refusing to allow the film go international. Why allow someone else get more money when they shouldn't be getting any in the first place?

I know that may sound harsh but I happen to applaud the player's decision in this. They're standing up for what is right. I like to know what's the reason why the charity isn't getting all the money.

The charity is called SOS - Kinderdorfer.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:04 am

tracylynn wrote:The reason why there are no subtitles or why it's not being available world wide is because there's a problem with the handling of the profits from the film. The profits from the film shown in the theatres was supposed to go to a children's charity. As of today, only 1 euro per ticket has actually gone to the charity that the players picked which wasn't the agreement. Until the issue gets resolved and the charity gets all the money, the players are refusing to allow the film go international. Why allow someone else get more money when they shouldn't be getting any in the first place?

I know that may sound harsh but I happen to applaud the player's decision in this. They're standing up for what is right. I like to know what's the reason why the charity isn't getting all the money.

That is very nice to know.....Lets hope that this issue gets resolved and they can get the English version released for me to watch it..:D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:00 pm

tracylynn wrote:The reason why there are no subtitles or why it's not being available world wide is because there's a problem with the handling of the profits from the film. The profits from the film shown in the theatres was supposed to go to a children's charity. As of today, only 1 euro per ticket has actually gone to the charity that the players picked which wasn't the agreement. Until the issue gets resolved and the charity gets all the money, the players are refusing to allow the film go international. Why allow someone else get more money when they shouldn't be getting any in the first place?

Great info! Thanks for this. Keep us posted if you have any more info on this matter please :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

I support the players' decision too, thats noble of them all lol. Kinderdorfer, sounds like it could be a kids charity.
Pool scene ^^ Worth buying the DVD then! That's the one bad thing about the film though, all the long scenes where one or two players are just talking and you just have no clue what's going on.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to The Lounge