You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

deutschland ein sommer maerchen

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:42 pm

I just found out from my friend in Germany that the movie, Deutschland Ein Sommermaerchen, will be aired on TV on Dec. 6, earlier than what most folks thought it was going to be. I would assume that since they are airing the film early that they are trying to get the movie out as soon as possible. Hopefully, we'll hear some news about the DVD soon.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:51 pm

tracylynn wrote:I just found out from my friend in Germany that the movie, Deutschland Ein Sommermaerchen, will be aired on TV on Dec. 6, earlier than what most folks thought it was going to be. I would assume that since they are airing the film early that they are trying to get the movie out as soon as possible. Hopefully, we'll hear some news about the DVD soon.

thanks for telling us. I still thought it was 29 December that it was getting aired!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Mirage wrote:
tracylynn wrote:I just found out from my friend in Germany that the movie, Deutschland Ein Sommermaerchen, will be aired on TV on Dec. 6, earlier than what most folks thought it was going to be. I would assume that since they are airing the film early that they are trying to get the movie out as soon as possible. Hopefully, we'll hear some news about the DVD soon.

thanks for telling us. I still thought it was 29 December that it was getting aired!

I think that's what everyone thought but she said it's listed in TV Guide that it will be on Dec. 6 on ARD. I don't know what ARD stands for but do you get it?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:36 pm

I don't know what it stands for either but ARD and ZDF are the channels that usually get all the footie stuff.
I do get it ^^ But if the weather is bad I get a really fuzzy signal and it's not worth watching, so I'll have to cross my fingers it's a clear night. I should be able to watch tho.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:22 am

Oh please guys.. could you tell me on which time they will show the movie? and please tell me in GMT time.. OK! Thanx :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:28 pm

Erm I just know its on at 20.45 on the 6th Dec on ARD tv in Germany. Well I'm pretty sure that's the time.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:47 pm

I saw it last night, it was very good. Obviously I couldn't understand a lot of it, but there are several English bits, and from what I've read about it already I could piece bits together.

All the Bayern stars shine, it's so good, I love the German NT. The emotion when they get knocked out of the semi-final is lovely (but obviously wasn't at the time!) Podolski goes off to a room and cries on his own, how sweet.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:27 pm

Mirage wrote:I saw it last night, it was very good. Obviously I couldn't understand a lot of it, but there are several English bits, and from what I've read about it already I could piece bits together.

All the Bayern stars shine, it's so good, I love the German NT. The emotion when they get knocked out of the semi-final is lovely (but obviously wasn't at the time!) Podolski goes off to a room and cries on his own, how sweet.

I had totally forgotten all about movie. I am so mad at myself for forgetting it was going to be on. I just wish they would hurry up and put it on DVD, but I'm sure they'll release the information about the date of the film's release within the next few weeks.

My friend told me the scene after the lost to Italy was quite sad. I'm sure I'm going to cry when I see the film. :cry:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:04 pm

Do you get the German ARD channel too?
Lol it's so handy if you're a fan of German football ^^

It was very sad. Lehmann looked especially downhearted about it. The scene between Materrazzi and Ballack wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. I was under the impression him and Ballack hugged properly but it was more just a quick swap of shirts and a kiss :P Ballack looked v. sad.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 pm

Mirage wrote: The scene between Materrazzi and Ballack wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. I was under the impression him and Ballack hugged properly but it was more just a quick swap of shirts and a kiss :P Ballack looked v. sad.

If I was Ballack, I would have burned Materrazzi's shirt. I for one enjoyed what Zidane did to him. :twisted: I know I'm bad but I can't help it. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:31 pm

I just found out that the DVD of the movie is supposed to be release on Feb. 8th. However, I do believe that is the date for Germany only and the not the rest of the world. I could be wrong but that is what I'm hearing so far. If that is the case then it could very well be another month or two before the rest of the world gets it.

Edited to add that it is just for Germany. No date set for the rest of the world. Also, it will be a two disc set. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:26 pm

I personally loved what Zidane did too ^^ I wish France had won the final.

Two discs? Even better :) I'm really concerned that the film will not be released at all in other parts of the world...
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Mirage wrote:I personally loved what Zidane did too ^^ I wish France had won the final.

Two discs? Even better :) I'm really concerned that the film will not be released at all in other parts of the world...

Yeah, I also wanted France to win.

My friend told me that the problem with the film is that is was supposed to be made only for TV and not for the theaters. However, with the success of the German team they went ahead and put it in the theaters. Since it was really made for TV that might be holding the distribution back, but I'm not sure. But, since it's a two disc then there's so much more to see that you didn't see before.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:23 am

I got the book, Deutschland Ein Sommermarchen, from my friend, Stefka in Germany. My order from Amazon.de has yet to arrive (because of the US, postal service) so my friend sent me the book plus the movie on DVD, which she recorded off the TV. :D Anyway, the book is just like a diary. Each chapter is dated. It starts with 07/02/2005 and ends with 06/08/2006 with Klinsmann in California. It does have a few pictures (black & white) and it has all the detail information about who was in what game, who scored, who received a yellow/red card, and so forth.

So, this week I'm going to watch the DVD and try to read the book. It's going to take some time reading the book and when done I will tell you if there was anything in the book that was interesting and not in the film.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:44 pm

What did you think of the film?
There's a LONG scene with Schweini and Podolski lying on a bed together chatting, but I just have no clue what they're saying! :cry:
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge