You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Deutsch for the non-German Bayern fan

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Deutsch for the non-German Bayern fan

Postby tangolike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Ok
I know most europeans and maybe folks in the US will find German as maybe atleast a 3rd language
But many of us dont even know enough german to read fcb.de as fcb.de/en is updated a little bit afterwards
Also would like to read through sites like transfermarket, so need to understand the German

Too lazy to take off time from day job or on weekend to go to some tutor/ training program for the language (would rather watch footy)

So before I look up the internet,
I would like to know what other Bayern fans do about the german. Any forums you would recommend, or any method, i want to know enuf german to get by on websites...

Any suggestions welcome.

Ps: I had earlier tried Rosetta stone sw, it put me to sleep.
tangolike

Re: Deutsch for the non-German Bayern fan

Postby Element » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Good to see A User who cant speak German dedicated like this

here http://www.deutsch-lernen.com/FAQ_en.htm (I Searched on the internet and found it)

or Use the Google translate http://translate.google.com/#

Just copy the link of the German website and put it in the box there

and it will give u the page fully translated (not 100% Accurate,But Good enough to understand what is in)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tangolike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 pm

google translate is not good
(they admit it themselves)

I tried to translate the fans rant you posted from transfermarket.de

Google translate could not really convey what I gather would have been the anguish in the letter.

I am looking at the other site right now.
tangolike

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 pm

If you have some spare time, you can try to learn the German Language (or other languages) by using the Rosetta Stone software. Now this software is not free and not cheap at all but if you know the sources you can find it for free. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

mackoy wrote:If you have some spare time, you can try to learn the German Language (or other languages) by using the Rosetta Stone software. Now this software is not free and not cheap at all but if you know the sources you can find it for free. :P

He said that he had used it and he did not like it
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Element wrote:
mackoy wrote:If you have some spare time, you can try to learn the German Language (or other languages) by using the Rosetta Stone software. Now this software is not free and not cheap at all but if you know the sources you can find it for free. :P

He said that he had used it and he did not like it

Sorry overlooked that part.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby machkover » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:56 pm

i have the same f***** problem . i am from Morocco and i often feel as if i were a donkey when i'm sitting in front of TV watching German channels . yet, I am an english teacher but my knowledge of Germany is very very very limited .maybe i will try rosette stone !!!!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 am

Instead of google try freetranslation.com. I think it is much more accurate and translates slang terms better.

Good luck!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby appudds » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:15 am

nur4bayern wrote:Instead of google try freetranslation.com. I think it is much more accurate and translates slang terms better.

Good luck!

That's no different from google Translate! :(
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:58 am

appudds wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:Instead of google try freetranslation.com. I think it is much more accurate and translates slang terms better.

Good luck!

That's no different from google Translate! :(

I disagree, it's more accurate than google.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Return to The Lounge