You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Croatian FA to ban gay footballers

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Croatian FA to ban gay footballers

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Thought this would be an interesting topic to bring up:

DailyMail wrote:Croatian Football Federation president Vlatko Markovic has caused a storm by claiming there was no place for homosexuals in the national team.

Gay and lesbian associations in the country have condemned his outburst and have told local media that they plan to sue the president for discrimination, and also report the 73-year-old to UEFA.

In an interview with Croatian national daily Vecernji List, Markovic, who managed Croatia between 1993-94, said: 'While I’m a president of the Croatian Football Federation, there will be no homosexuals playing in the national team.'

And when asked whether or not he had met any homosexual players during his career, he replied: 'Luckily, only normal people play football.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1328021/Croatian-football-president-Vlatko-Markovic-says-homosexuals-banned-national-team.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Croatian FA to ban gay footballers

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

OMG i hate that guy he promis all and give nothing
he say a lot of stupid things
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm

UEFA should say something about this.

It might not be racism but it is still discrimination.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 pm

that is the right decision
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 am

'While I’m a president of the Croatian Football Federation, there will be no homosexuals playing in the national team.'
I wonder how will he determinate that?
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 am

KAHN wrote:'While I’m a president of the Croatian Football Federation, there will be no homosexuals playing in the national team.'
I wonder how will he determinate that?

Maybe he'll get Carlos Bilardo to help ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:34 am

Well

Even Though I hate Homosexuality

No one has The Right to prevent and Homo player to play for the NT just because he IS GAY or Lesbian

Those things must be judged by personality and most importantly skills in the field , Exactly Like Racism

Many people Have Problem with Certain Races , but they still are fair to them , respect them , and dont judge them by that

No one is forcing you to love Homos , but you also cant take the right of any player to play for his country
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 am

It is a racist comment from someone who obviously isn't too clever. Is he gonna scan players with a future invented Gay X-Rays? LOL

This is a bad joke. How someone can be sure what the players do in their beds? Isn't their right to do whatever they want (and is not legally prohibited). Is he a gay himself so he can identify if the players are gay?

Unbelievable.

So, Pique and Ibra should be banned, just to make sure that there are no homos in NT:

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby CroCHEF » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:22 pm

i dont care for homo players but, croatian homo associations want the their rainbow flag on every croatia game
OMG who even ask them are they gay when they go ask for job, its like i go to job interviu and say i love girs #-o

and tell me is this normal

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm

CroCHEF wrote:and tell me is this normal

"Normal" in many cases differs between cultures / religions / races. There are many examples of some human expressions that doesn't seem "normal" in different cultures (ex. Muslim women's veils).
The key thing here is to have an open mind and don't get into those discriminations and racism acts but judge someone for his personality or his talents.

Is any of the following seem "normal" to you? Cause they are pretty normal in their culture...

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:10 am

ZAGREB, CROATIA — The head of Croatian Football Federation apologized on Wednesday for saying in a newspaper interview that he would not allow a gay player on the national team.

Vlatko Markovic's remarks sparked protests in Croatia, with two gay groups planning to sue and complain to UEFA.
Markovic said he was "sorry for a clumsy interpretation. It was not my intention whatsoever to insult or hurt anyone."

Gay groups Kontra and Iskorak say on their websites that they will sue Markovic and report him to the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), saying his remarks are "discriminatory" and violate Croatian and international laws.

"I have nothing against members of any minority, least of all against those of same-sex orientation," Markovic said in a statement on the Croatia soccer federation's website. "Once again, I apologize to all those who were hurt."

Croatian media reported on Wednesday that Markovic could be fined or suspended by the Croatia soccer federation, whose statute bans any act of discrimination, if it receives an official complaint.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/gay-gr ... 25368.html

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

He saw what was coming to him and backed off.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm

In a position like his, as head of the Croatian FA, you can't afford to make such comments. The pressure was just growing and he had to step back. There's no way he was sincere about that apology.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Return to The Lounge