You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Cars

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Cars

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm

tflags wrote:...and Porsche is on the brink of dethroning Audi's grip on Le Mans. They'll grab one and two spots with just a year back on business. Dammit you thought those hybrids were just for environmental advocate maggots. Now they are winning races!


McLaren did the same thing 2 or 3 years ago, when they put 6.1 BMW engines.
These 919's are SICK!
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1005 times
Been thanked: 596 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby Steph » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Because I got a full tuition scholarship to the University I'm going to (Universities are VERY expensive in the US), my parents are getting buying me my own car that I will hold the title for. I'm hoping to get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo from around 2008-2009 or newer but I'm not completely sure what I'll get yet, I'll have to see how much my parents are willing to pay in insurance because I'm only 18 and insurance will be high. If they think insurance would be too high I might end up with a Cayenne GTS, maybe a newer version Cayenne S or standard Cayenne, maybe something else, I don't really no but a Cayenne Turbo would be amazing. I know I'm very fortunate.

Right now I drive a Toyota Highlander.
User avatar
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 pm

Steph wrote:Because I got a full tuition scholarship to the University I'm going to (Universities are VERY expensive in the US), my parents are getting buying me my own car that I will hold the title for. I'm hoping to get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo from around 2008-2009 or newer but I'm not completely sure what I'll get yet, I'll have to see how much my parents are willing to pay in insurance because I'm only 18 and insurance will be high. If they think insurance would be too high I might end up with a Cayenne GTS, maybe a newer version Cayenne S or standard Cayenne, maybe something else, I don't really no but a Cayenne Turbo would be amazing. I know I'm very fortunate.

Right now I drive a Toyota Highlander.


What university will you be attending?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2354 times
Been thanked: 1049 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Steph wrote:Because I got a full tuition scholarship to the University I'm going to (Universities are VERY expensive in the US), my parents are getting buying me my own car that I will hold the title for. I'm hoping to get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo from around 2008-2009 or newer but I'm not completely sure what I'll get yet, I'll have to see how much my parents are willing to pay in insurance because I'm only 18 and insurance will be high. If they think insurance would be too high I might end up with a Cayenne GTS, maybe a newer version Cayenne S or standard Cayenne, maybe something else, I don't really no but a Cayenne Turbo would be amazing. I know I'm very fortunate.

Right now I drive a Toyota Highlander.

You are fortunate, not only for the gift, but for the fact that you are allowed to drive such powerful car in such young age. Drive safe when you get it :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
User avatar
AvatarX
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7973
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Metaverse
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 739 times
Been thanked: 881 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Cars

Postby Steph » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 am

AvatarX wrote:
Steph wrote:Because I got a full tuition scholarship to the University I'm going to (Universities are VERY expensive in the US), my parents are getting buying me my own car that I will hold the title for. I'm hoping to get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo from around 2008-2009 or newer but I'm not completely sure what I'll get yet, I'll have to see how much my parents are willing to pay in insurance because I'm only 18 and insurance will be high. If they think insurance would be too high I might end up with a Cayenne GTS, maybe a newer version Cayenne S or standard Cayenne, maybe something else, I don't really no but a Cayenne Turbo would be amazing. I know I'm very fortunate.

Right now I drive a Toyota Highlander.

You are fortunate, not only for the gift, but for the fact that you are allowed to drive such powerful car in such young age. Drive safe when you get it :)


My parents won't mind me having a powerful car, just hoping they can get over the insurance and maintenance, there's a solid chance that they won't let me get a turbo, it's not a done deal.
User avatar
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby German-American » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 am

@steph where are you going for college? Personally, I'm going to West Virginia university for engineering in aerospace and mechanical....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2272 times
Been thanked: 848 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Cars

Postby sterndessudens » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Lucky guys, my parents were too stingy about getting me anything when I made it to university many years ago, not even my own car. Looks like I'll be buying a 2016 VW Golf GTI in around 6 months time since I've been test driving for around 4 months on different types of cars except for my favourite Audi RS3 which is not available here, as Australia tend to have very expensive insurance for us drivers under 25 years old.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...
Image

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
User avatar
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Australia
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby German-American » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:38 pm

What do you guys think of the Ford focus ST? I need to get a car in the summer and am looking at it, has plenty of power(250 hp), 6 speed manual, etc.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2272 times
Been thanked: 848 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Cars

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:53 pm

I have a Focus tdci 1.6, 2003 made, never had a problem with it. Works like the first day... I got so used to it that I wouldn't trade it with any. :P
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17106
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8939 times
Been thanked: 8204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:49 pm

You're in America, you need a 'truck'... :D
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17106
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8939 times
Been thanked: 8204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby German-American » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:19 pm

I like the hatchback style a lot. I feel like it's more practical than others.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2272 times
Been thanked: 848 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Cars

Postby OhioFan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Get an EV, diesel or at least a hybrid. CO2 reductions.

And before you say it, my wife and I both drive hybrids (our last four cars).
Götterdämmerung
User avatar
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Bavaria on my mind
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 166 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Cars

Postby German-American » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 am

Hybrids are expensive tho

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2272 times
Been thanked: 848 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Cars

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:17 am

German-American wrote:Hybrids are expensive tho

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

here the Govt. offers a grant for those who opt for one in order to generate interest...
However still it is an expensive option.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23988
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20104 times
Been thanked: 5718 times
Gender: Male

Re: Cars

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17106
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8939 times
Been thanked: 8204 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests