You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Best football movie

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 am

Guys....
I just completed watching Green Street Hooligans....

Whata movie...:)....THANKS A LOT FOR SUGGESTING THE MOVIE. I didn't know such a movie existed. :)
Did they release this in the US? Anyways, it proudly enters into my alltime best list.....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:44 am

To Be honest, I have never seen a football movie. Up unti now, the only movie that I knew about was "Bend It Like Beckam", which I did hear was a pretty good movie though I never seen it.

I'm going to say that favorite football movie will be "Germany: A Summer Fairy Tale." I'm sure that I'm going to love it when I see it on DVD.

BTW....someone reported on another site that you get to see Lehmann's behind in the film :shock: and Lukas in his tidy whities (underwear) :shock: I'm just warning everyone so that can you can be prepared for it.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:22 am

Anyone knows when it will be out on DVD in English?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MissFCB » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Anyone knows when it will be out on DVD in English?

i not sure if it will come out in english anyway! but i saw it in german and i loved it! it´s really the best football movie i ever saw :wink: they filmed the players everywhere, even under the shower!!! :shock: and its also quite funny because Poldi & Schweini are joking all the time :D
74,75,76 und ihr werdet alle sehen, Mailand 2001 war noch nicht das letzte mal, denn wir fahren nach Athen!
MissFCB
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:24 pm

MissFCB wrote:

i not sure if it will come out in english anyway! but i saw it in german and i loved it! it´s really the best football movie i ever saw :wink: they filmed the players everywhere, even under the shower!!! :shock: and its also quite funny because Poldi & Schweini are joking all the time :D

That's bad..............should I learn Deutsch for this??????? :(
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:35 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
MissFCB wrote:

That's bad..............should I learn Deutsch for this??????? :(

I don't think it will be dubbed in English. Most we'll get is subtitles, :cry: if that.
It comes out on DVD in february but there's already loads of clips on youtube if any of you wanna go a-snooping.

Bend it like Beckham is cool :P JRM *drool*
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:20 am

Mirage wrote:I don't think it will be dubbed in English. Most we'll get is subtitles, :cry: if that.
It comes out on DVD in february but there's already loads of clips on youtube if any of you wanna go a-snooping.

I can't remember where I read it but someone mentioned that they thought the DVD was going to be release around Christmas time, which would be nice since the DVD would be a fantastic gift. Either way, if it comes out in December or February I'm going to get it. Hopefully, the region code for the DVD will be "all" so that I can play it on my DVD player, or at least make some copies with the region code as "1" because we don't have the same region codes as the countries in Europe.

Oh, I also agree that there might be subtitles in the film but it won't be dubbed in english.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:50 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Mirage wrote:I don't think it will be dubbed in English. Most we'll get is subtitles, :cry: if that.

I can't remember where I read it but someone mentioned that they thought the DVD was going to be release around Christmas time, which would be nice since the DVD would be a fantastic gift. Either way, if it comes out in December or February I'm going to get it. Hopefully, the region code for the DVD will be "all" so that I can play it on my DVD player, or at least make some copies with the region code as "1" because we don't have the same region codes as the countries in Europe.

Oh, I also agree that there might be subtitles in the film but it won't be dubbed in english.

I don't mind watching the film just in German though :P I could guess what was going on.

Hmm maybe December then, I'd prefer that because it's sooner. It shows on TV in December, but that's only German tv. Grr.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 am

Mirage wrote:I don't mind watching the film just in German though :P I could guess what was going on.

Hmm maybe December then, I'd prefer that because it's sooner. It shows on TV in December, but that's only German tv. Grr.

I don't mind watching the film in German because it'll be helpful to me since I'm trying to learn the language.

Someone else told me that the DVD will be released in January since it's going to be shown on TV in December. So, I think it'll be safe to say that the film will be release between December and February.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 pm

tracylynn wrote:
I don't mind watching the film in German because it'll be helpful to me since I'm trying to learn the language.

Someone else told me that the DVD will be released in January since it's going to be shown on TV in December. So, I think it'll be safe to say that the film will be release between December and February.

LOL yeah let's just say that.
I'm also trying to learn German, but I'm not in any classes for it so at the moment I suck. I've picked up bits though. It helps being around a lot of German sites looking for pictures of players ;)
I watched Run Lola Run the other day and that was quite helpful with my non-existent German. It has football elements (let's say, the first minute or so :P) Everyone should see it, it's cool.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm

I wasn't actually sure about where to put this so I'll post it here. I was on the German site for Amazon.com and they have the film Deutschland ein Sommermaerchen listed, however you can not place the order yet because they do not know when it will be available for release. What they say you can do is sign up for an e-mail notification that will tell you when you can place the order for the film (which I did.) If anyone is interested you can order the soundtrack to the film. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

‘Das Wunder von Bern’ a movie about the 1954 World Cup

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 pm

This summer there was this German World Cup song 54, '74, '90, 2006 (which now has been changed to 54, '74, '90, 2010). I had watched documentaries about the 1974WC and had lived through the 1990WC. This song set me to find more about the one of 1954 and found a German film called ‘Das Wunder von Bern’ (The Miracle of Bern) realeased in 2003. It is a movie from Sönke Wortmann who is the same director of Deutschland. Ein Sommermärchen (Germany. A summer fairy tale). This movie is in German but has English subtitles.

It is based in 1954 post-war ravaged Germany . The story is about a young boy whose family is devastated by the effects of the war but who has a footballer friend who is none other than Helmut Rahn of Rot-Weiß Essen.

Rahn is the hero of the unexpected West German victory against the then World's strongest team, Hungary, in the 1954 World Cup Final in Switzerland. This event is considered as the spark which set off Germany recovery.

Altough the movie is not entirely about the 1954 World Cup it gives one an idea about the progress of the German team and the atmosphere of the final match in the stadium of Bern is recreated in a realistic way.

You may find further detail here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_Bern
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I posted this here by mistake can you please move the 'Best football movie' thread ? Thanks
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to The Lounge