You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Belgium, land of the best beer in the world?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:19 am

fanOfBayern wrote:My fav one is DUTCH though..heineken..

I have yet to like one single Dutch beer :)
Did anyone try Erdinger Weissbier?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:21 am

fanOfBayern wrote:I was never able to use PPLIVE successfully...

I never used PP live so I can't really help that much... but what is your problem?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:I was never able to use PPLIVE successfully...

I never used PP live so I can't really help that much... but what is your problem?

I don't know...the player never starts..it keeps saying "analyzing host" but never starts the player.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:36 pm

can it be that your Firewall is enabled?

Because of recent laws, PPlive has lost a lot of sport channels.. therefor its not that interesting anymore. Rather try SOPcast or TVU player :!:

ask mutu for the website with the programmation, other sites where you can check is:

www.football4less.com
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:41 pm

fa wrote:can it be that your Firewall is enabled?

Because of recent laws, PPlive has lost a lot of sport channels.. therefor its not that interesting anymore. Rather try SOPcast or TVU player :!:

ask mutu for the website with the programmation, other sites where you can check is:

www.football4less.com

Could be...Mcafee firewall. I should try TVU I guess..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:42 pm

Btw, BELGIUM is NOT the same as THE Netherlands :!: :!: :!:
allthough we both speak DUTCH :D .. its like saying USA and CANADA are the same :wink:

Belgian beer= Stella Artois, Jupiler, Hoegaarden, Leffe, ...

The Netherlands= Heineken

There are also the regional beers, but those are not available outside Belgium.. btw, Westmalle Tripple was voted the best beer in the world at a conferention in the USA :twisted:
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:50 pm

fa wrote:Btw, BELGIUM is NOT the same as THE Netherlands :!: :!: :!:
allthough we both speak DUTCH :D .. its like saying USA and CANADA are the same :wink:

Belgian beer= Stella Artois, Jupiler, Hoegaarden, Leffe, ...

The Netherlands= Heineken

There are also the regional beers, but those are not available outside Belgium.. btw, Westmalle Tripple was voted the best beer in the world at a conferention in the USA :twisted:

I don't see anybody mistaking Dutch for Belgium here....?? :D

mmm...I will try to get a taste of westmalle tripple the next time I visit a spirit store..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:31 pm

I don't see anybody mistaking Dutch for Belgium here....?? :D

mmm...I will try to get a taste of westmalle tripple the next time I visit a spirit store..[/quote]

LoL i just wanted to say that Heineken is not a Belgian beer :wink:

btw, the Westmalle Tripple is ONLY available at the seminary in Belgium.. normally they dont export it, but ofcourse some people tend to sell it..
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:35 pm

fa wrote:ask mutu for the website with the programmation

http://www.rojadirecta.com/
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:43 pm

The only Belgian beer that comes to Malta is Stella Artois, to the best of my knowledge.

I've tasted at least 5 different Dutch beers (Heineken, Bavaria, Hollandia, Amsterdam and a few others who's names I can't remember) and I don't like any of them. In fact, nowadays if I see a Dutch beer, I'll try to avoid it...

Cisk is the most popular beer in Malta. A version is made (with reduced malt, because malt is expensive, and other foreign beer don't have as much malt anyway) called Cisk Export and is exported to foreign countries.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Thx Mutu, i ll try to find it in the shop.. im always open to try something new, as long as it doesnt kill me it ll make me stronger right.. :D

Btw, what is everyone's favorite FOOD ??
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:01 am

fa wrote:Thx Mutu, i ll try to find it in the shop.. im always open to try something new, as long as it doesnt kill me it ll make me stronger right.. :D

Btw, what is everyone's favorite FOOD ??

junk food or actual sustenance?

junk: ice cream (mocha almond fudge) <-- i normally steer away from junk food though :) =P

real food: i have to say anything italian. pasta rocks
8)
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:20 pm

hahaha, my favorite is TIRAMISU.. :P

As for real food, i really like FISh.. especially the white ones :lol:
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:25 am

yeah I know I'm awakening a dead thread, but I have to ask fa a question. (I'm sure he still visits the forum, even he doesn't post)

so I wanted to ask you about the beer Duvel, what do you think about it?
That's the only Belgian beer I tried about a year ago, and it tasted so fncking good, I even drinked it from that unique glass it has. :)
FC Bajern

Re: Belgium, land of the best beer in the world?

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:35 am

Hmm, fa has last posted in 2008 and last visited (logged in at least) in 2011. I wouldn't bet on him still visiting the forum, but hey perhaps you manage to resurrect him! :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge