You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern's Identity and Bundesliga vs English Premier League

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Bayern's Identity and Bundesliga vs English Premier League

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Bundesliga has gained some tremendous ground since the end of WC06. We arent number 1 but we arent number 4 either. I watch Bundesliga matches every week and the matches I dont watch I read about. My friends and I head down to the local pub every weekend mornings to watch EPL matches as well, namely the big 4 (ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal). During midweek I watch a couple of Serie A matches. Quality wise, in my opinion, Bundesliga is above EPL in football. I think the ONLY factor that the EPL has over Bundesliga is money.

Now with the Sheik contingency buying Man City the funds will flow more. Granted you cant buy a championship but the more money that flows the more talented players you get... obviously. The more talented players you have the more viewers you'll get. That being said, I think so far this season it is Chelsea and ManU who are playing "attractive" football compared to Liverpool and yes, even Arsenal. But this is just some of the time. Most of these matches are painful to watch... especially Man City with their new found wealth. I will try hard not to be biased here but one of the more fun teams to watch play is Bayern with Ribery, Klose, Toni and Schweini... well most of the time anyway! More times than not, they work extremely well of each other. Some of these new wealthy teams have no consistent gel and it shows. Look where Man City is in their table, close to the bottom.

I think the most exciting match that I watched last year in the EPL was the CL final. Tied match, tied in DBL overtime and then into PK shootout. The fans got their money's worth that day! The rest of the season was almost mind numbingly boring football. I honestly can say that in my opinion the reason EPL is number 1 is because of money and not quality football but Im in no way saying they dont have quality players. They do. Probably more quality players than Bundesliga. But as far as attractive football goes I would put the Argentinian league above EPL if that were the case.

All in all, give me Bundesliga anytime. Just look at Hoffe. What a great story that is. England doesnt have that! And where are they sitting? At the top with us, for the moment.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Did anyone notice that Hamburg spanked Aston Villa and Wolfsburg drew with Milan at San Siro yesterday?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Yea both teams played very well and presented the BL in a good way on the international arena.
Espacially Wolfsburg played very courageously at the San Siro , they might have won with a bit more luck on their side.HSV "only" managed to beat Aston Villa without most of their key players , the match might have been a bit different if Young , Agbonlahor and some others would have played.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to The Lounge