You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern v FC Kaiserslauten

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Bayern v FC Kaiserslauten

Postby ForestMick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and have only really joined to post this, but seems like quite a good, friendly forum.
My girlfriend and I try to travel on short breaks as often as possible, and we are coming to Munich for 3 days on the 21st January, for the game against Kaiserslauten the next day. As a Nottingham Forest fan, I really want to stand behind the goal, near the shot putt circle, where Trevor Francis scored Forest's most important goal in their history, many years ago. So, I was wondering if anybody knows what block the area that I'm talking about is, and could you give me any help/tips/advice to allow us to enjoy the game, and our weekend in Munich.
I came to Munich in 2006 for the World Cup, saw the stadium, but couldnt get near enough to take any pictures, as there were barriers up, and I couldnt get in, so I'm looking forward to visiting in January.

Are the games and the atmosphere in Germany like English games, or are they different? Do the German fans drink loads before and after the game, like the English? Where would be the best place to go for a drink before and after the game? I look forward to all your replies, and all your help. Thanks, Mick.
ForestMick
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern v FC Kaiserslauten

Postby Element » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Germany's Stadiums are always sold out unlike Some english recently

and in 1979 , Trevor Francis scored vs MAlmo but it was in the Olympiastadion , not the new Allianz arena , so i cant Really help especially that bayern dont paly there anymore
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ForestMick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Oh b*llocks!! Never mind. I still want to stand, as its cheaper, and we dont get the chance to do it in England now. Where would be the best place to stand?
ForestMick
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:45 pm

You can only stand in South section but I am afraid it is reserved for registered club members/fans.

If you want a cheep ticket and a nice view you can try buying tickets in section 4...it is behind goals [third terrace] but the view is still nice.

But before the game I would recomend you to visit Marienplatz...a lot of people and very nice architecture/history/pubs etc...
Very nice to see something while enjoying your beer.
And you can easily go from Marienplatz to Allianz Arena by subway
And you can also buy beer at the stadium so no need to get totally drunk before the game :)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ForestMick » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the advice. Especially as I'm with my girlfriend, I wasnt planning on getting totally drunk!!! However, wherever we go, I like to go in the pubs before/after the game, as its a good place to meet people and talk about football etc. In England, even though we can get a beer in the ground, we avoid going in until kick off, as its more fun to have a drink in the pub than in the ground. Thanks for all the tips though.
ForestMick
Getting the hang of it

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am

no problem m8
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby ForestMick » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi again,

Looking at the advice on simillar posts, I went on the internet, and managed to get two tickets from Viagoggo for 15euros each. So, me and the mrs are really looking forward to it now! Seen some pictures of your stadium,it looks amazing, so cant wait to see that. Also looking forward to visiting the Marienplatz and the Hofbrahaus.
ForestMick
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it, ForestMick :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Nice to hear you got your trip going :)

If you have any time left try visiting the Olympic park...it is really nice there
sch0ll7

Postby ForestMick » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:52 am

Unfortunately, we didnt have time to visit the Olympic Park, but we really enjoyed ourselves, so we are hoping to visit again and go there next time.
ForestMick
Getting the hang of it

Return to The Lounge