You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Balkan members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Balkan members

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm

FCB general wrote:Hahahahahahahahaha, I'm dying! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I still remember the comment from the Slavorum FB page from the last year where one Bulgarian wrote how Macedonians aren't Bulgarians, but when it comes to leave to Macedonia and go EU countries, they suddenly start exploring the family tree to find a Bulgarian ancestors, ie great-grandfather so they could apply for Bulgarian citizenship. :mrgreen:
The way that guy described in English was awesome!!! :lol: You could easily translate to Croatian and get the perfect impression and emotions, haha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny thing how is often said that we are all 'brothers', but we barely stand each other. :D

I just remembered that.. :mrgreen:

To be honest, i have problems on my own, so i couldn't care less about them, i care about my babushka'S. :D
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

What's the whole thing with babushka? I haven't figured out, yet.
Is that some joke or what? :)

btew. Are your languages absolutely the same?
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am

FCB general wrote:What's the whole thing with babushka? I haven't figured out, yet.

Linguistically the current so-called “Macedonian” language was and is infact a Bulgarian dialect. In general, Slavic-speaking Orthodox Christians on the territory of Macedonia at the beginning of the nineteenth century, insofar as they were aware of a language-based identity marker at all, usually chose the label Bulgarian. Among the populations of Macedonia's western and northern regions, the option Serbian was occasionally selected. The small Slavic-speaking intelligentsia that emerged in Macedonia during this period usually envisioned a Bulgarian literary language based on their dialects or at the very least a literary language incorporating most of these dialects to a significant degree. Yes, it's very, very close.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am

So, this means we do can understand each other a bit despite not knowing each other's language. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 am

Macedonia agrees to new name after 27-year dispute with Greece [source]

“After months of negotiation we have managed to reach a deal that will solve our longstanding difference over the name of our neighbour,” said the Greek prime minister, Alexis Tsipras. “They have agreed to rename their country the Republic of North Macedonia, a change that will apply in their international and bilateral relations and domestically.”

The new name not only made a clear distinction between Greek Macedonia and the country’s northern neighbour, but put a decisive end to the irredentism the country’s erstwhile title had conveyed, he said.

“The deal that we have reached for the first time ensures that they do not have, and in the future can never claim, any relationship to the ancient Greek civilisation of Macedonia. I am deeply convinced that this agreement is a great diplomatic victory, but also a historic opportunity ... a historic moment for the Balkans and our peoples.”

So, they can finally start driving their vehicle to Brussels and Washington... as far as Greece is concerned. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

FCB general wrote:So, this means we do can understand each other a bit despite not knowing each other's language. :)

Prav si. :roll: :)
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCB general wrote:So, this means we do can understand each other a bit despite not knowing each other's language. :)

Vi to bolje radite nego mi. :D Vidi samo Krasimira Balakova u Hajduku ili Ivajla Peteva u Dinamu. :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm

FCB general wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:

Vi to bolje radite nego mi. :D Vidi samo Krasimira Balakova u Hajduku ili Ivajla Peteva u Dinamu. :mrgreen:

Hahahahhahahahah.

Deca na 15 godini biha se spravili po dobre ot tiq idioti.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Hardrade » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCB general wrote:What's the whole thing with babushka? I haven't figured out, yet.

Linguistically the current so-called “Macedonian” language was and is infact a Bulgarian dialect. In general, Slavic-speaking Orthodox Christians on the territory of Macedonia at the beginning of the nineteenth century, insofar as they were aware of a language-based identity marker at all, usually chose the label Bulgarian. Among the populations of Macedonia's western and northern regions, the option Serbian was occasionally selected. The small Slavic-speaking intelligentsia that emerged in Macedonia during this period usually envisioned a Bulgarian literary language based on their dialects or at the very least a literary language incorporating most of these dialects to a significant degree. Yes, it's very, very close.

The Macedonian question was always complex in the perspective of Serbian-Bulgarian relations, especially in the context of early 20th century. Both countries tend to regard population of Macedonia as estranged version of self. I myself can understand Macedonian much better than Bulgarian or Slovenian, for instance.

The lack of clarity in the collective perception of Macedonian identity led to some rather absurd exceptionalist theories about legacy of Alexander the Great and Antigonids as the foundation of modern slavic Macedonian state...
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Hey FCB General

I'm planning a trip around either Greece or Croatia this summer. Maybe end of july or august. I would be going with a girl that I met in Australia and loves to travel

I know that Croatia has beautiful beaches and stuff like that but I would appreciate if you could give me a list of things that you think we should see in case we decide to go there. Not necessarily the main attractions. Maybe you know some not so popular spots that you can recommend me as well.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Hey FCB General

I'm planning a trip around either Greece or Croatia this summer. Maybe end of july or august. I would be going with a girl that I met in Australia and loves to travel

I know that Croatia has beautiful beaches and stuff like that but I would appreciate if you could give me a list of things that you think we should see in case we decide to go there. Not necessarily the main attractions. Maybe you know some not so popular spots that you can recommend me as well.

Maaaan if you don't take her to Dubrovnik I'm going to make her dump you.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Hey FCB General

You're asking the wrong person who's far from the coast. :) :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't spend vacation on the coast, unfortunately. There are many places in Dalmatia and Istria you could visit.

Dubrovnik is the top destination and damn crowded and expensive when the season is on top.

Zadar, Vodice, Tribunj, Makarska, Biograd na moru... That's all Dalmatian places on the coast. Then if you prefer islands... Hvar, Brač, Korčula, Čiovo... Maybe something like that. There are a lot of places and islands.

It also depends what you want from your vacation; is it just sun, beach and sea(what you already have in Spain) or atractions, seesights, food, beverage, etc. I could give you some popular names and attractions in the PM. :wink:

Desafortunadamente amigo, yo no soy ese tipo de persona que puede recomendar algo especial sobre el turismo. :oops: Eso requiere experiencia personal.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Previous

Return to The Lounge