You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Balkan members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Balkan members

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:20 am

Jug means south, Jugoslavija literally means Southslavia.

South Slavs are Slovenians, Croats, Serbs, Montenegrians, Macedonians, Bosniaks, Bulgarians.

Eastern Slavs are Ukrainians, Belarus, Russians, Rusyns(you probably didn't hear for them and their language)

and Western Slavs(Czech, Slovaks, Polish, Sorbs, Kashubians).

Distribution of Slavic-speaking populations in Europe
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 am

Kashubians & Rusyns ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:28 am

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 am

This Croatian article probably explains Balkan the best.

https://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/povijesni-strah-europe-od-balkana-957254

The comment below the text from one woman:

Samoborka:

The Balkan do not exist as a geographic term. In addition, it is attempting to impose a thesis on the existence of a southeastern European peninsula called by the mountain in Bulgaria in the Balkans, but each and every one of the least educated knowledgeable geographers knows that there are no geographic arguments to confirm the existence of this peninsula. Consequently, the Balkans is a purely political term. Or better, politically motivated. It was created in the British kitchen and then extended to Western Europe as a label for people who are not part of their made up image, of colonizing Euro team. Balkan is the mark for all the worst in the man. That is why I think it's really shameful and appalling when we call ourselves so, under the dictates of the media in the hands of the Western lobbyists. When an American knocks down and kills children and innocents in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria ... he is a carrier of democracy! When the Russian tramples Ukraine ... he is a homeland fighter .. When the Italians create a mess on the football match ... they are temperamental. And we only make 2% of that. We are Balkans! So where is this logic and justice !? Only for a fool the Balkan is pride. The Balkan does not exist. There are only nations full of egoism that, with ridiculous, underprivileged, point finger in the weaker than themselves and label it. The name of the Balkan is an insult and the one who insists on it should be punished for nazism and racism! Starting from the media!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks a lot for the info! So I have never visited the Balkans. Need to change that soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:26 am

Very interesting... europe is fragmented into all these sub groups of ppl...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 am

FCB general wrote:This Croatian article probably explains Balkan the best.

https://www.vecernji.hr/vijesti/povijesni-strah-europe-od-balkana-957254

The comment below the text from one woman:

Samoborka:

The Balkan do not exist as a geographic term. In addition, it is attempting to impose a thesis on the existence of a southeastern European peninsula called by the mountain in Bulgaria in the Balkans, but each and every one of the least educated knowledgeable geographers knows that there are no geographic arguments to confirm the existence of this peninsula. Consequently, the Balkans is a purely political term. Or better, politically motivated. It was created in the British kitchen and then extended to Western Europe as a label for people who are not part of their made up image, of colonizing Euro team. Balkan is the mark for all the worst in the man. That is why I think it's really shameful and appalling when we call ourselves so, under the dictates of the media in the hands of the Western lobbyists. When an American knocks down and kills children and innocents in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria ... he is a carrier of democracy! When the Russian tramples Ukraine ... he is a homeland fighter .. When the Italians create a mess on the football match ... they are temperamental. And we only make 2% of that. We are Balkans! So where is this logic and justice !? Only for a fool the Balkan is pride. The Balkan does not exist. There are only nations full of egoism that, with ridiculous, underprivileged, point finger in the weaker than themselves and label it. The name of the Balkan is an insult and the one who insists on it should be punished for nazism and racism! Starting from the media!

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Basically, some Slavic tribes survived and kept their roots, origin, language, culture and the geographical position in Central and Eastern Europe. Even I barely know something about Rusyns although their community exists here in my hometown.

Everyone should know for the big guys that are mentioned in East, West and South Slavic groups, but there are some other ethnic groups who don't have their own state, but they survived through history and didn't assimilated into one of these big group of people.

Every single Slavic people will say that what defines them is: identity, religion, language, alphabet, culture, customs, tradition. But those history and ID denial stories about who is who or what are priceless, these 'wars' never end. :lol: That's what I call a universal language of all Slavic language-speaking people - poison darts to each other and punches under belt. :lol:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
In Bosnia-Herzegovina, in the courtyard of the school in Travnik, a fence separates the Muslims from the Croats; The buildings are also divided according to the ethnic groups. While the policy of "two schools under one roof" was declared unconstitutional in 2012, contact between the different communities remains rare [source]

Forbidden love in Bosnia

finished watching...

I have some points and questions for you guys.

* I have noticed that Muslim women don't cover their heads. Why?
* People are reluctant to mix , this can be clearly seen at the very end of the feature.
* how cruel and evil a civil war is ... imo 100,000 times worse than other types of wars.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Very interesting thread - This region has always fascinated me - I think that our geographic/social knowledge of central / eastern Europe in Malta is still very much influenced by 200 years of British lenses wrapped in a lot of WWI and WWII prejudices which still stick on.

For example our generation were brought up with Yugoslavia still in existence and whether it was Red Star Belgrade, Maribor or Dinamo Split it didn't make a difference - when it all started breaking apart in the early 90's we couldn't understand this confusion of new countries which suddenly popped up and the subsequent ethnicity fighting in the break away states complicated things further. I still remember the day when I decided to try to sort this out in the middle of all this confusion after a conversation with a Croatian guy on a bus where I was asking him if he was in Malta to follow his team playing here and he was turning red in the face and insisting that there is no Croatian team playing in Malta...it turned out that it was a Serbian team playing in Malta ! Oops

The Czheckoslovakia break-up was more straightforward

A couple of years ago I had another revelation when visitng Slovenia, I mainly visited Ljubjana, Maribor and other main tourist attractions but the local guide gave us a lot of information about their history. I didn't quite expect their cuisine, costumes and way of life to look so Austrian and only the language being Slavic. It is this language which gives them their national identity.
One of their celebrated folk musicians is Slavko Avsenik, they also have a monument for him close to Lake Bled, this famous piece of his is regulary played in Germany/Austria alongside other Blasmusik pieces
Spoiler: show

We saw a couple of WWI cemeteries in the mountains and without reading the names one would think it was a German/Austrian cemetery.

One has to consider that some of these countries were just the Austro-Hungarian empire for outsiders - Some of you may know that the Italians use the derogatory word Crucchi for Germans, few know that this came to be due to the Austro-Hungarian WWI PoWs captured by the Italians were mostly Croats and Slovenians who used to beg 'kruh, kruh' for bread in their language which stuck on to the whole Austro-Hungarians and eventually Germany

Coincidentally as I pointed out in the Today in the History thread is the anniversary of the Assassination of the Archiduke in Sarajevo which had world changing consequences.
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
In Bosnia-Herzegovina, in the courtyard of the school in Travnik, a fence separates the Muslims from the Croats; The buildings are also divided according to the ethnic groups. While the policy of "two schools under one roof" was declared unconstitutional in 2012, contact between the different communities remains rare [source]

Forbidden love in Bosnia

finished watching...

I have some points and questions for you guys.

* I have noticed that Muslim women don't cover their heads. Why?
* People are reluctant to mix , this can be clearly seen at the very end of the feature.
* how cruel and evil a civil war is ... imo 100,000 times worse than other types of wars.

People from Balkans have a very odd tendency to ignore massive similarities and cling to minimal differences. To believe that they are extremely special and can only live among their very own. It can be ridiculous sometimes.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:59 pm

I noticed the same among Germanic people. They speak the same language or similar(since Bavarian and Scwabisch are different than Hochdeutsch) or complicated like Swiss German, but they aren't one people.
That can be also used for Scandinavian people and Iberian peninsula.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:25 pm

FCB general wrote:I noticed the same among Germanic people. They speak the same language or similar(since Bavarian and Scwabisch are different than Hochdeutsch) or complicated like Swiss German, but they aren't one people.

Not so much for the Scandinavians I think. I've heard they're very similar and while they do compete among themselves on who is "the best", they feel kind of united. Dunno how true this is though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCB general wrote:I noticed the same among Germanic people. They speak the same language or similar(since Bavarian and Scwabisch are different than Hochdeutsch) or complicated like Swiss German, but they aren't one people.

Not so much for the Scandinavians I think. I've heard they're very similar and while they do compete among themselves on who is "the best", they feel kind of united. Dunno how true this is though.

The Eurovision is a clear example ...
Even so the agreement reached between Den and Swe during Euro2008

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Many Scandinavians will seem reserved when you first meet them. But, once you get to know them, you'll see a whole new side of them. This is a fact: Scandinavians are usually extremely trustworthy. They're very punctual, so if they tell you they're going to meet you somewhere at a certain time, they sure as hell will be there.
If a Scandinavian calls you their friend, they mean it 100%.
I've noticed that americans are very quick to call someone they just met their "friend" when really they're just an acquaintance.The cultural shyness really loosens up with a little social lubricant.And not only the "social" one LOL. :oops: :D
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge