You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Any UK Bayern fans here

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Any UK Bayern fans here

Postby Diesel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 am

How did you become a Bayern fan and what do you say to people when you support Bayern? I tend to get a lot of stick for it but it dont matter

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Diesel
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Any UK Bayern fans here

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

I always wondered about this too. In many countries it's normal to support a foreign team, but in England football is really big.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Diesel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I always wondered about this too. In many countries it's normal to support a foreign team, but in England football is really big.

I thought most people from Malta supported Italian Teams, if im right?
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Diesel
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:34 am

Diesel wrote:I thought most people from Malta supported Italian Teams, if im right?

I'd say around 49% support English teams (mostly Man United but many Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool fans), 49% support Italian teams (mostly Juve but many Milan and Inter), 1% support German teams (almost all of them Bayern), and maybe another 1% or perhaps less who support different teams.

Of course most of us have a local team as well. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 am

I'm from Northern Ireland, but I did live in Germany in the late 90s and went to Bayern matches then.

Being over 50, I generally don't encounter much of the slagging-type conversations about teams that younger fans seem to encounter. Indeed, I find most fans (of other teams) appreciative if a chat with me fills them in on some Bayern and Bundesliga detail.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby morris » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 pm

this is very nice post :D
Join online spanish programs.com and testking to pass usj.edu exam in first principiacollege Our best quality Lynn University and selftestengine guide you well for real exam.
morris
First post

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 pm

For me, I have visited Munich more than any other foreign city and all my friends know this, so I don't get much questions on why I support Bayern.

It's more awkward explaining to others, say at work as they don't really see the logic.

But I don't really care to be honest!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Cathe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:56 pm

I've always liked football but when you see the fans on tv all singing and cheering for their team....I just couldn't find a team I could feel that way about. None of them seemed to click. Then in 2010 I was watching Germany's WC matches (I had a friend at the time who was half German) and loved watching them so that is when I started investigating the Bundesliga and now Bayern is one of my aspie obsessions :P

I do get questions like 'Liverpool or Everton?' when I tell people I like football and they get a bit confused when I say neither :P They don't question it when I say I like Bayern and my friends from choir always ask how Bayern are getting on when they are talking about how Liverpool are doing but I haven't come across anyone who was negative about it or anything.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Lancashire » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:54 pm

I travelled around Europe about 5 years ago (Carnt believe 5 years have gone so fast) and alng the way i bumped into some Germans who were travelling as well so i tagged on with them, they so happened to be F.C Bayern fans so ive followed them ever since.

I think i got the better end of that deal as they are now fans of Everton in return :oops:
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to The Lounge