You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 pm

#12 wrote:the gorilla have to die?

He was dragging that kid for minutes in that rocky surface... in the slightest he was lucky to not suffer a concussion. Better to not risk anything and shoot the gorilla? Gorillas are savage animals and you can't trust those... I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a gorilla or more to save a human life even if it has been my gorilla for 100 years.
I wouldn't shoot a gorilla if someone willingly tried to befriend with it... maybe if the person begged.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby German-American » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:49 am

Sorry you can't risk a human life just because there is a Gorilla. No life is more valuable than a humans life.
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 am

#12 wrote:What I'm saying exactly... But why did the gorilla have to die?

To be honest for that particular case they couldn't have had a 100% confident scenario where both (kid and gorilla) lives would be saved, so with the slightest risk at the kid's life they had to exchange it with the gorilla's. We wouldn't have known if we could have saved both lives, but it was a split-second decision that had to be made against a risk (as small as it was) with huge consequences. Imagine being the officer at the zoo. Although the alligator thing, well, it's like blaming water when you die of drowning. Accidents hapen.

My suggestion? We need license for parenting.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:11 am

That's not what I said... Of course the kid had to be saved... But how is a regular gun more accurate than tranquilizers? ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 am

Oh that's fair enough, but guess that was the only option available (lethal guns).

We could talk about guns vs no guns again but it probably won't reach anywhere the second time round either :P For what it's worth, I'm very much against guns too.

There's also a point of whether an average tranquiliser or stunner would actually work or not, and it could agitate the animal if it doesn't. They are never designed for animals as far as I know and it takes precious little power to ice a human but gorillas would be a totally different story,
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:50 am

After fatal alligator attack, theme parks review policies [source]
:evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 am

Makes sense... I am no animal rights "weirdo" or anything - but people blaming the animal for following its instinct is also wrong...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:29 am

German-American wrote:Sorry you can't risk a human life just because there is a Gorilla. No life is more valuable than a humans life.

I saw a video a few days ago of a baby gorilla in some other zoo and a kid trying to touch it through the glass, then the mother gorilla comes and carries the baby gorilla away. It was captioned "Parenting done right". :lol:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:38 pm

If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:what the f is happening in orlando ? :cry:
Alligator drags toddler into water near Disney resort - father tried to grab the child [source]

Tragic but what was a child doing near water with alligators in it? I've never been to Walt Disney World so I don't know whether this family was in this particular area, but that place is notorious for having living alligators.

I have but in Florida it should be common sense that if there is fresh water pond or lagoon that there will probably be gators in it.

Also if you're chased by a gator (going near a nest) run in zig zags because the gator wont run straight they will try to zig zag too.

PS I live in Florida and an hour away from Orlando
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:27 pm

German-American wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:what the f is happening in orlando ? :cry:
Alligator drags toddler into water near Disney resort - father tried to grab the child [source]

Tragic but what was a child doing near water with alligators in it? I've never been to Walt Disney World so I don't know whether this family was in this particular area, but that place is notorious for having living alligators.

It was a no swimming zone, the toddler and family where on the beach as many other families where. From what I heard the baby was only about 1 to 2 feet in the water, trying to imagine what it's like to be a pare T, idk if I would say no to my child (if I had one) just barley going in. I think this is more unfortunate than the parents being idiots. They could've been smarter but I see their reasoning

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

it was 9pm and dark and they have signs saying no swimming....
Mia San Mia!
KrampusIsReal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:28 pm

tflags wrote:One question to our American members. Absolutely no offense but; I never asked this question as it sounded kinda dumb in the first place but how do you guys feel about the 'gringo' appellative? I never bothered to ask if you find it demeaning or derogatory. Some American people I know joke about it but in the general context it might be good to know.

The USA is a great country, you can be racists towards whites and that's just something we have to be use to and cant be offended because we're privileged
Mia San Mia!
KrampusIsReal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:30 pm

JANKER wrote:The alligator dragged him to deeper water, he drowned... that's how I understood it the first time.
Some animalists will claim that the alligator tried to save him and didn't want to harm him...

Alligators don't attack humans unless you're near their nests they are actually rather scared of humans to be honest. The Gator probably thought he was a raccoon or opossum and they tend to kill their prey and hide it until they're hungry to eat it.
Mia San Mia!
KrampusIsReal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:50 pm

KrampusIsReal wrote:
tflags wrote:One question to our American members. Absolutely no offense but; I never asked this question as it sounded kinda dumb in the first place but how do you guys feel about the 'gringo' appellative? I never bothered to ask if you find it demeaning or derogatory. Some American people I know joke about it but in the general context it might be good to know.

The USA is a great country, you can be racists towards whites and that's just something we have to be use to and cant be offended because we're privileged

I'm getting the impression someone entered your safe-space or used a trigger word near you. :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:20 pm

pyrasur wrote:
KrampusIsReal wrote:

I'm getting the impression someone entered your safe-space or used a trigger word near you. :coffee:

Honestly I can care less, I always found it funny here in the south when a black person gets upset and calls me racists when I was working at a hotel because I'm only following procedure and they pull the racist card and slavery card... Well sorry, I wasn't born here in the USA and laugh it off.

People now are so worried about offending others and beat around the bush and instead of taking the truth and fixing things they look to blame others for their failures
Mia San Mia!
KrampusIsReal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge