You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:what the f is happening in orlando ? :cry:
Alligator drags toddler into water near Disney resort - father tried to grab the child [source]

Tragic but what was a child doing near water with alligators in it? I've never been to Walt Disney World so I don't know whether this family was in this particular area, but that place is notorious for having living alligators.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:55 am

One question to our American members. Absolutely no offense but; I never asked this question as it sounded kinda dumb in the first place but how do you guys feel about the 'gringo' appellative? I never bothered to ask if you find it demeaning or derogatory. Some American people I know joke about it but in the general context it might be good to know.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:09 am

tflags wrote:One question to our American members. Absolutely no offense but; I never asked this question as it sounded kinda dumb in the first place but how do you guys feel about the 'gringo' appellative? I never bothered to ask if you find it demeaning or derogatory. Some American people I know joke about it but in the general context it might be good to know.

I am not american...
AFAIK it is used as ''friend'' no?

oh,,,, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gringo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby German-American » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:what the f is happening in orlando ? :cry:
Alligator drags toddler into water near Disney resort - father tried to grab the child [source]

Tragic but what was a child doing near water with alligators in it? I've never been to Walt Disney World so I don't know whether this family was in this particular area, but that place is notorious for having living alligators.

It was a no swimming zone, the toddler and family where on the beach as many other families where. From what I heard the baby was only about 1 to 2 feet in the water, trying to imagine what it's like to be a pare T, idk if I would say no to my child (if I had one) just barley going in. I think this is more unfortunate than the parents being idiots. They could've been smarter but I see their reasoning

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:17 pm

tflags wrote:One question to our American members. Absolutely no offense but; I never asked this question as it sounded kinda dumb in the first place but how do you guys feel about the 'gringo' appellative? I never bothered to ask if you find it demeaning or derogatory. Some American people I know joke about it but in the general context it might be good to know.

It's pretty mild. Most people wouldn't care, unless you were really trying to sound offensive. But Spanish has so many cool ways to insult someone, I'd be more disturbed at the choice of gringo than anything.

But there's always someone who will choose to be offended by something. For those people I double down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:43 pm

German-American wrote:It was a no swimming zone, the toddler and family where on the beach as many other families where. From what I heard the baby was only about 1 to 2 feet in the water, trying to imagine what it's like to be a pare T, idk if I would say no to my child (if I had one) just barley going in. I think this is more unfortunate than the parents being idiots. They could've been smarter but I see their reasoning

I get what you're saying, it depends a lot on circumstances I guess. I mean, it's a no swimming zone for a reason... although it should specify how dangerous it is (if it doesn't). Like I said, that place is notorious for having live alligators so I would think twice before breaching a no swimming zone. I live on the other side of the world, never set foot outside Europe and I've heard about those animals there.

I don't want to blame anyone or anything, that's not the right thing to do after a tragedy. But unfortunately, not all tragic situations are accidents. I don't know the exact circumstances but there is definitely someone who needs to learn a lesson from this, be it the parents or the park attendants.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

the boy was found... dead :( intact :shock:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:25 pm

The alligator dragged him to deeper water, he drowned... that's how I understood it the first time.
Some animalists will claim that the alligator tried to save him and didn't want to harm him...
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
German-American wrote:It was a no swimming zone, the toddler and family where on the beach as many other families where. From what I heard the baby was only about 1 to 2 feet in the water, trying to imagine what it's like to be a pare T, idk if I would say no to my child (if I had one) just barley going in. I think this is more unfortunate than the parents being idiots. They could've been smarter but I see their reasoning

I get what you're saying, it depends a lot on circumstances I guess. I mean, it's a no swimming zone for a reason... although it should specify how dangerous it is (if it doesn't). Like I said, that place is notorious for having live alligators so I would think twice before breaching a no swimming zone. I live on the other side of the world, never set foot outside Europe and I've heard about those animals there.

I don't want to blame anyone or anything, that's not the right thing to do after a tragedy. But unfortunately, not all tragic situations are accidents. I don't know the exact circumstances but there is definitely someone who needs to learn a lesson from this, be it the parents or the park attendants.

D, in the whole world, you will never find a place wHere the last thing you would expect to find is an alligator. This is akin to looking out for a Gorilla in Rupert Murdoch's new penthouse.
Last edited by tflags on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:27 pm

JANKER wrote:The alligator dragged him to deeper water, he drowned... that's how I understood it the first time.

This is what I just heard on the radio.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:51 pm

JANKER wrote:The alligator dragged him to deeper water, he drowned... that's how I understood it the first time.
Some animalists will claim that the alligator tried to save him and didn't want to harm him...

So?
It's a wild animal that acts on instinct... Of course it wanted to harm the kid... But what do you want to achieve with that comment? Killing the animal? Revenge? Will that bring back the kid?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 pm

No, that wasn't the point... it's related to the gorilla shooting case and other similar cases. People are blaming the parents again... people are experts in everything.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Well... They maybe were a little careless, but I think it's up to the authorities to decide that...
I think it's wrong however to blame the animals...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Nobody is blaming the animals but people are making human and animal lives matter equal or worst...
If a kid can climb and fall inside of a cage where a savage animal is kept, you can blame that one on the safety of that place too... same thing goes for this case, no warning signs of danger or anything.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 pm

What I'm saying exactly... But why did the gorilla have to die?

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge