You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby JANKER » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:51 pm

You can't eliminate guns, when the bad guys want one badly they'll find one but not the good guys... and I prefer to be shot rather than be stabbed to death. :P
You can make a gun at home... eliminate that.

When the governments had less control power in some countries and most homes owned guns, for some reason there were less of these atrocities...

Btw all the indications are that this was a terrorist attack...

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:24 pm

It was a terrorist attack either way... Question is was it organised terrorism...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby German-American » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 pm

ISIS claimed responsibility for it....so sad

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 pm

more points for Trump ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 pm

ISIS did nothing however... He claimef to be inspired by them... But they were not behind plan and execution...

Sorry guys, even for advocators of guns for self defense: assault rifles are guns made for the sole purpose of killing many humans in a very short time - they should be restricted to military personnel at least...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:15 pm

ISIs is an ideal not a group.
I can become one ... Your neighbour can as well...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:29 pm

#12 wrote: assault rifles are guns made for the sole purpose of killing many humans in a very short time - they should be restricted to military personnel at least...

Alright. I'm gonna stop you right there. I refuse to muddle the water by stating my opinion on gun control but I am sick and tired of hearing this same old schtick about "assault rifles should be banned" as some end-all, be-all solution to gun violence. If for one thing the fact that a lot of it is committed with smaller arms.

But also because the things that make an assault weapon... An assault weapon aren't even necessary to commit murder efficiently, especially on unarmed, unarmoured civilians. A folding stock, a pistol grip, a bayonet lug, a threaded barrel. 2 of those things would qualify a weapon as "assault" yet everyone shits their pants because it has the word "assault" in the name but no one cries for SMGs or smaller arms to be banned.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby JANKER » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Guns aren't the problem... "military personnel" come at the scene too late and they aren't always the good guys. Not everyone should own them even if there's nothing you can do to stop someone from getting one so... you're stopping only the harmless to get armed.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:57 pm

@BayernLove:
I never said it was a solution... And of course, guns are dangerous, too... But you don't need an automatic gun for self defense... Give me one argument against that and I'll be on your side...
People with pistols can be overthrown by a few, even if they are unarmed... Someone carrying an assault rifle can only be controlled by other people with machine guns who are a majority, or people who have SERIOUS combat training/experience...
And yes, SMGs should not be for the public as well... If you ask me, no weapon should... But I understand that it's somewhat in the American DNA to carry a gun... I think handguns would suffice...

@ ramseij: I know... Still, it's not the same... I could shoot someone and claim I'm right-wing... Which is kind of the same thing... Right-wing supporters - some at least, and if it only is in public - distance themselves from some arsonists here in Germany...
Now I know ISIS doesn't distance themselves from this... But they're only "loosely" connected... The guy was first and foremost a lunatic...

And another thing: Trumps reaction must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard... The guy was by constitution an American and he says "I knew it, that's why I wanted to close frontiers"... Sorry, but I see no competence whatsoever in that guy... A fraud, if you ask me...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby German-American » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 pm

#12 wrote:@BayernLove:
I never said it was a solution... And of course, guns are dangerous, too... But you don't need an automatic gun for self defense... Give me one argument against that and I'll be on your side...
People with pistols can be overthrown by a few, even if they are unarmed... Someone carrying an assault rifle can only be controlled by other people with machine guns who are a majority, or people who have SERIOUS combat training/experience...
And yes, SMGs should not be for the public as well... If you ask me, no weapon should... But I understand that it's somewhat in the American DNA to carry a gun... I think handguns would suffice...

@ ramseij: I know... Still, it's not the same... I could shoot someone and claim I'm right-wing... Which is kind of the same thing... Right-wing supporters - some at least, and if it only is in public - distance themselves from some arsonists here in Germany...
Now I know ISIS doesn't distance themselves from this... But they're only "loosely" connected... The guy was first and foremost a lunatic...

And another thing: Trumps reaction must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard... The guy was by constitution an American and he says "I knew it, that's why I wanted to close frontiers"... Sorry, but I see no competence whatsoever in that guy... A fraud, if you ask me...

They are not automatic guns, they're semi-sutomatic. In the USA if you want to get an automatic gun it takes a VERY special license, that takes about 7+ years (from what I heard) which are very expensive, after that finding a fully automatic gun is very difficult and ULTRA expensive.
The assault rifles ppl can buy are semi automatic, one pull of the trigger one shot. We have these rights for a reason. Guns in America were not given as a right to protect against criminals, but rather against a oppressive Gov't. Look at Nazi Germany, they started by outlawing guns. Guns are dangerous, yes, but the people behind them are more dangerous. How is it fair and right to take away something which I have the right to have. In the constitution the 2nd Amendment is about firearms, they made it the 2nd amendment for a reason. There is a large history with arms in America, if you try to take them away there will be bad results. Look at the reports from the co-workers of the gunman, they said he was crazy. They couldn't fire him b/c he would have sued them b/c he was muslim. The problems lie much deeper than what is on the face of the problem. This guy should have been under close surveillance and not been able to purchase these weapons in the first place, but with our dumb ass govt he was never able to be "black listed". Two times he was caught talking to a Taliban sympthaiszer, and neither time they did anything. If we had more fair laws on how to treat ppl like him then he would have never been able to do this. The fact is that there were opportunities to predict something like this from this man, noting was done. Its not the guns but the system that is in place on how we treat potential terrorists. People need to stop acting like others feeling are the most fragile thing in the world.
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANKER » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:20 pm

#12 wrote:that's why I wanted to close frontiers"

Before Saudis explain this shit, right?

The Wahhabi branch of Islam should have the same treatment as the Manson Cult expect that Wehhabism is spread all across the world, they're inside America too so he wasn't that wrong. If there is any Wehhabist reading this I really don't care, you're not a friend of the west so no friends lost.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Not that wrong is still wrong ;)
IMHO it's as dumb as you can get to claim something like that...
Wanna send everyone out? Interesting coming from a guy who borrowed so much money from Deutsche Bank he probably owes ME money

@German-Anerican: Agreed! But there's other cases than this one... Schools... Can't tell you how ridiculous the thought of having metal detectors in German schools is...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernLove » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 pm

German-American wrote:
#12 wrote:@BayernLove:

They are not automatic guns, they're semi-sutomatic. In the USA if you want to get an automatic gun it takes a VERY special license, that takes about 7+ years (from what I heard) which are very expensive, after that finding a fully automatic gun is very difficult and ULTRA expensive.
The assault rifles ppl can buy are semi automatic, one pull of the trigger one shot. We have these rights for a reason. Guns in America were not given as a right to protect against criminals, but rather against a oppressive Gov't. Look at Nazi Germany, they started by outlawing guns. Guns are dangerous, yes, but the people behind them are more dangerous. How is it fair and right to take away something which I have the right to have. In the constitution the 2nd Amendment is about firearms, they made it the 2nd amendment for a reason. There is a large history with arms in America, if you try to take them away there will be bad results. Look at the reports from the co-workers of the gunman, they said he was crazy. They couldn't fire him b/c he would have sued them b/c he was muslim. The problems lie much deeper than what is on the face of the problem. This guy should have been under close surveillance and not been able to purchase these weapons in the first place, but with our dumb ass govt he was never able to be "black listed". Two times he was caught talking to a Taliban sympthaiszer, and neither time they did anything. If we had more fair laws on how to treat ppl like him then he would have never been able to do this. The fact is that there were opportunities to predict something like this from this man, noting was done. Its not the guns but the system that is in place on how we treat potential terrorists. People need to stop acting like others feeling are the most fragile thing in the world.

Speaking as a Christian in a Muslim country(ies), I could say things that would get me branded as a bigot so fast.

Hate breeds hate.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby German-American » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:02 am

#12 wrote:@German-Anerican: Agreed! But there's other cases than this one... Schools... Can't tell you how ridiculous the thought of having metal detectors in German schools is...

It's the world we love in today, precautions must be made. Even if it doesn't do much, it's better than doing nothing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:07 am

what the f is happening in orlando ? :cry:
Alligator drags toddler into water near Disney resort - father tried to grab the child [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge