You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby Steph » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Honestly I have no idea about stuff like that, but I don't really think that's true becauseI never hear any talk about any sort of farming around where I live. I'm just trying to say that the poor farmer mid west stereotype is not true, there is lots of wealth around where I live and I think almost nobody does anything related to farming or services to farmers or any of that.

When leaving St. Louis on long drives though, I have seen tons and tons of farmland, but that's not close.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby OhioFan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 pm

One of our favorite sayings in Ohio is " Missouri, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous". :P
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Steph wrote:Honestly I have no idea about stuff like that, but I don't really think that's true becauseI never hear any talk about any sort of farming around where I live. I'm just trying to say that the poor farmer mid west stereotype is not true, there is lots of wealth around where I live and I think almost nobody does anything related to farming or services to farmers or any of that.

When leaving St. Louis on long drives though, I have seen tons and tons of farmland, but that's not close.

Looks like you're right. The major employers of St. Louis seem to be a health care company, Boeing defense, Washington University, and Scott AFB.

I guess when farming is so cheap and so easily done by so few people these days, it's not the major part of the economy. And when transportation and communications connect the world like never before, there's not too much advantage to being on the coastline. The real barriers to economy come from state governments :evil:

P.S. I'm too lazy to cite my sources you people can wikipedia this yourselves ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:37 pm

The state of Missouri's major industries on the other hand are aerospace, transportation equipment, food processing, chemicals, printing/publishing, electrical equipment, light manufacturing, and beer :D

Edit: California is huge in agriculture too. But we at least know we have a lot of farmers ;)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:00 pm

nm462272 wrote:I agree with you, but the area where tornadoes are likely to hit spreads over a pretty large area - several states. Maybe they want to stay close to family or the town they grew up in. I can't imagine there are too many jobs out there, other than farming... not sure!

Well there are actually a lot surprisingly. Many in the oil industry, construction, military, and also many engineering company's apparently. There's a lot of wide open space which is very useful for many things so it's taken advantage of. Regarding ppl living there, the reason why it's so cheap is because of what you're all saying...so they kind of have to take the risk

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Steph wrote:Honestly I have no idea about stuff like that, but I don't really think that's true becauseI never hear any talk about any sort of farming around where I live. I'm just trying to say that the poor farmer mid west stereotype is not true, there is lots of wealth around where I live and I think almost nobody does anything related to farming or services to farmers or any of that.

Some of the state's with the lowest mean income are in the Midwest, that's because there are not as many huge corporations to have tons of high paying jobs, like NYC. I used to work on a farm and the owner told me that they don't make much because most of the money they make back goes to the equipment and servicing stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:30 pm

I believe you when you say that farmers don't make a lot of money, I'm just saying that the mid-west is not all farm land, and that there are a lot of wealthy places that are completely different, where there is no farming, just like everywhere else in the country.

Sorry if I'm taking this too seriously, I just don't like the bad reputation that the midwest gets.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Steph wrote:I believe you when you say that farmers don't make a lot of money, I'm just saying that the mid-west is not all farm land, and that there are a lot of wealthy places that are completely different, where there is no farming, just like everywhere else in the country.

Sorry if I'm taking this too seriously, I just don't like the bad reputation that the midwest gets.

It's not a bad reputation, it's just different from the coasts. In NYC and California, we are used to high concentration of super-wealthy people in the banking, finance, entertainment, etc. industries.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Steph wrote:I believe you when you say that farmers don't make a lot of money, I'm just saying that the mid-west is not all farm land, and that there are a lot of wealthy places that are completely different, where there is no farming, just like everywhere else in the country.

I love farming!!!! I respect them so much, I mean they basically feed us! The midwest does get more shame than deserved at times, they're unlucky with natural disaster too. It just caught my mind that maybe it can also be correlated with the fact that they don't have an as important political role in the federal election ( they have lower electoral votes and are not usually swing states).
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh btw fun fact I'm related to the guy who created Twitter and Square. I think he's my second cousin.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 pm

nm462272 wrote:

It's not a bad reputation, it's just different from the coasts. In NYC and California, we are used to high concentration of super-wealthy people in the banking, finance, entertainment, etc. industries.

There's also a high concentration of super poor people on the coasts. And these days there are way too many hipsters running around California. St. Louis looks like a fun city, looks way more cultural than Fresno or LA for example. I think they need to give us back the Rams though :)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 pm

nm462272 wrote:

There's also a high concentration of super poor people on the coasts. St. Louis looks like a fun city, looks way more cultural than Fresno or LA for example. I think they need to give us back the Rams though :)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:11 am

I've always thought the farming land and farmers in America are fascinating. It's a peaceful life and, at least as depicted in movies, farms are huge and the countryside in those parts is beautiful.

On the other hand, I think being a farmer in Malta is horrible.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've always thought the farming land and farmers in America are fascinating. It's a peaceful life and, at least as depicted in movies, farms are huge and the countryside in those parts is beautiful.

On the other hand, I think being a farmer in Malta is horrible.

Exactly. What fascinates me of the USA is literally the 'Middle of nowhere' places. Like those long straight roads in the middle of the deserts like the Nevada or countryside. Almost no human contact and very peaceful. At least that's how imagine it.

Beautiful. I would be afraid of one thing though. My car breaking down without a cellphone. And look at that road. It's well asphalted and maintained. Here in Malta, to asphalt 300 meters of a main road takes months, causing traffic chaos and the finishing result is below par.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:24 pm

looks like the -coast road :lol: or the one from armier to cirkewwa :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge