You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

American members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 am

#12 wrote:Campaign for the Republicans, or rather for the Democrats, FCBM?


Ha! Trump wouldn't be wrong to say I'm foreign-born I can run for PM in the UK though

Regarding your linguistic gender comment, we have that in Maltese too so when translating from neutral singular English we tend to translate into the male form. Last Monday I proposed translating into the female in one case and was immediately jumped on by an ultra conservative who ranted on for about 15 minutes about becoming too politically correct. In reality I only proposed that for stylistic consistency since it was a quotation, part of which was requoted in the next sentence and changed to the feminine because of context.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27208
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6835 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: American members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:41 am

Borusse wrote:I hate to use arguments like that but one really must be an idiot to believe this crap.
I think I should just abandon this thread and never come back, waste of time as always when talking politics, people will believe what they want to believe.


I mean this in a light-hearted way but I've never seen you argue so fiercely, which is ironic considering you're a Dortmund fan in a Bayern forum :lol:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27208
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6835 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: American members

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Campaign for the Republicans, or rather for the Democrats, FCBM?


Ha! Trump wouldn't be wrong to say I'm foreign-born I can run for PM in the UK though

Regarding your linguistic gender comment, we have that in Maltese too so when translating from neutral singular English we tend to translate into the male form. Last Monday I proposed translating into the female in one case and was immediately jumped on by an ultra conservative who ranted on for about 15 minutes about becoming too politically correct. In reality I only proposed that for stylistic consistency since it was a quotation, part of which was requoted in the next sentence and changed to the feminine because of context.

What was that?
By the way I finally got id-damma of de soldanis.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18659
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15360 times
Been thanked: 4464 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby ottackon » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:31 am

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1499 times
Been thanked: 2354 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Rebecca Kiessling, a child born of rape, is to take part in a Malta Stand Up for Life candlelight march on December 3 in Valletta.
Ms Kiessling, who was adopted nearly from birth in Michigan, learned when she was 18 that she was conceived out of a brutal rape at knife-point by a serial rapist.
“Like most people, I’d never considered that abortion applied to my life but, once I received this information, all of a sudden I realised that not only does it apply to my life, but it has to do with my very existence,” she said. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18659
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15360 times
Been thanked: 4464 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Borusse wrote:No mate, I'm just showing you how ridiculous your argument is. You will convince exactly zero people with an argument like that.


Something tells me no matter what argument is brought forward, you will still not be convinced of anything. It follows the same pattern people saw during the campaign. And thanks for making a joke of what I said. I never said I met him during a visit to the US. For once you should try to listen to what people are trying to tell you. But you seem to block certain arguments and filter only what follows up your impression.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7922
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 649 times
Been thanked: 2335 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: American members

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:03 pm

shall I put this here or to the world news th.
Violence erupted in Veracruz, Mexico after a priest was kidnapped last week.
Demonstrators burned government buildings in Catemaco after Fr Jorge Luis Sanchez, an outspoken and popular clergyman who's known for speaking out about electricity fees and violence, was reported missing on Friday.
Protesters said Sanchez was taken by municipal police.
They burned municipal buildings and looted the mayor's office as a result.
The director of operations of the Secretariat of Public Security said a plan was in place to begin a search.
"We have instructions from the governor to use the local population to help with the whereabouts of this person," he said.
In September, two priests from other areas were kidnapped and killed.
According to a local catholic organization 28 priests have been killed in Mexico since 2006 [source]


The Mexican Police... and corrupt Govt. [-X
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18659
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15360 times
Been thanked: 4464 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What was that?
By the way I finally got id-damma of de soldanis.

"That's history" translated as "Dak ghadda", but in my opinion as "Dik [il-haga] ghaddiet" as later it says something like "when we say something is 'history'..." which would be "meta nghidu li xi haga 'ghaddiet'...". The fact that "history" was quoted makes me insist on my version.

I don't read much in Maltese but heard that's good.

Back to topic, how much influence does the vice president have in the US? Pence seems much worse than Trump in some respects.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27208
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6835 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: American members

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Dak ghadda... (zmien...) is M. So I think it makes more sense to keep it how it is.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18659
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15360 times
Been thanked: 4464 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:20 pm

He can break ties in the Senate, that's about it in terms of formal power unless something were to happen to the President. The rest I think is informal influence as part of the national security team and senior representative of the executive branch.

But it's funny you think Pence is worse than Trump, some people here consider Trump the more extreme and were wishing it was Pence at the top instead. Normally the VP is the attack dog during political campaigns while the President presents the dignified face.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1692 times
Been thanked: 1424 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: American members

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Not much power then. I don't know much about him tbh, just I know he is very extreme when it comes to LGBT people and probably a few other minorities too.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27208
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6835 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: American members

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:26 pm

I wonder how's school life for Barron Trump (wow what a name :D).
User avatar
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5344
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
Has thanked: 1402 times
Been thanked: 1161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

American members

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Borusse wrote:Eeeeee, what? How is that related? I mean you are right, my new government is awful as was the government before but in what way should that affect my opinion on foreign government and foreign media? This makes absolutely no sense.

#12 wrote:Anyone actually denying the fact that he's a chauvinist, that he - so far - hasn't shown any sign of perspective on his presidency, that he's blatantly incompetent in many fields... Those are the people that are either blinded or just to dumb (to read, watch, observe, whatever...) - cause it's right there, just listen to HIM, and not comments, supporters, opposers and whatnot...
That being said: of course, you're not racist for supporting him... You're not sexist, for supporting him... You'rejust supporting a racist, sexist asshole, that's what it is... If you wanna do that - America is still a free country... yet


1. Hasn't shown signs of perspective... Of course he has shown them, you just prefered not to listen/read. Go to his website, you have all of it written down there, you have the plan for reparing the economy, you have the plan for healthcare, listen to his speechess, it's really there, trust me. I'm not even a Trump psycho-fan, I'm a libertarian ffs, I started to support Trump because I liked his economic policies, how would I know his economic policies if there weren't any?...
2. What is competence/incompetence in politics? Please explain it to me. For me 90% of politics are incompetent, they have no idea how economy works, they support interventionism, they have no idea about negotatation and diplomacy and somehow they are still a part of the government having real influence on important matters. Please explain to me, what is incompetence in politics.


Your old government was not good... Your new one is far worse... Should be a lesson for some here...
What I meant is: How can you use and utilize the same language, make the same accusations that these people make who you now should KNOW are even more evil...
Maybe liberal media are pretentious, feel superior, are overly sensitive and whatnot... Maybe they frown upon people thinking differently... Still better than people who ban other opinions altogether
And additionally, I therefore think you should attack your own government first, before you attack foreign media - which I don't know how much you actually follow...
Admittedly, I mostly read the Times and there's no denying it is somewhat biased...
What pisses me off is the act, as if other media wasn't... FOXNews makes CNN look like a kindergarten birthday party...
And quite frankly: a country, where there's a perpetual outcry on almost every medium for WEEKS, because some guy didn't stand during the Star Spangled Banner, can't be too liberal, if you ask me...
There's a lot there, I know that... But how are you gonna put it in action? Cause about 90% of his promises are nowhere near realism...
The competence thing... Well, I think unleashed financial markets will benefit only one group of persons: those who already have way more than you(probably) and me(definitely )... But since you're a libertarian, you probably think differently and there's no point in trying to convince you
But there's a difference between not knowing every detail about something, and being a bull's eye retard... For example it's not incompetent to not know how a nuclear weapon works... It's **** incompetent to say "If we have nuclear weapons, why don't we use them?"...
If you don't know everything, you listen to experts, you get other opinions, etc... The (and especially the American!) right has lived in denial of scientific facts for decades... Maybe, if they would simply not do that, there'd be no need to call them stupid (@Punk!)

And in fact, technology has advanced... Thing is: we could have hydrogen cars for years... Expensive and unwanted... And I'm not only talking about global warming... One of my biggest issues with Obama was/is his support for nuclear plants... How is technology gonna help us get rid of shit that will be around for thousands of years? Oh wait, while writing this I realize I know already: Trump is gonna use it for his nuking

I'm not thinking being conservative is wrong... Heck, I am in many aspects... But there's being conservative, and there's just being an asshole and a dick... Trump has always been mostly the latter... Maybe is newfound decency will last... Still problematic in other aspects I mentioned...
I mean it's perfectly fine to protect your borders... Even walls are acceptable, yet not very nice... It'll also mean it'll be harder for me to get in on an occasional visit (but I don't yet know if I really wanna visit Trump's USA...) - but that's fine to, every country is entitled to have it's own visa, immigration, etc. laws... What's not ok is to want someone else to pay for one's extravaganzas...
It's also ok to send criminals to jail or back home... It's only problematic when, for example, there's an illegal with a US child
I just hope so badly Mexico laughs in his face when he wants to talk about the payment...

tflags wrote:
Borusse wrote:No mate, I'm just showing you how ridiculous your argument is. You will convince exactly zero people with an argument like that.


Something tells me no matter what argument is brought forward, you will still not be convinced of anything. It follows the same pattern people saw during the campaign. And thanks for making a joke of what I said. I never said I met him during a visit to the US. For once you should try to listen to what people are trying to tell you. But you seem to block certain arguments and filter only what follows up your impression.


Isn't that general conduct?
Some people do that, but I always thought it was mostly far right supporters... Somehow I must've been wrong...


Either way... I'm really looking forward to the explanations on how exactly appointing Reince Priebus of all people chief of staff is "non-establisment"...?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 1488 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby Borusse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm

tflags wrote:
Borusse wrote:No mate, I'm just showing you how ridiculous your argument is. You will convince exactly zero people with an argument like that.


Something tells me no matter what argument is brought forward, you will still not be convinced of anything. It follows the same pattern people saw during the campaign. And thanks for making a joke of what I said. I never said I met him during a visit to the US. For once you should try to listen to what people are trying to tell you. But you seem to block certain arguments and filter only what follows up your impression.


You are right, my statment that "people will believe what they want to believe" is also about me, I'm not special.

I quickly reminded myself why I hate discussing politics, there's too much emotional envolvement and bias on both sides. It almost never ends with one of the sides saying the other is right, you can only convince the unconvinced but if someone has already formed an opinion about something, there's a a huge chance he/she won't change his/her mind.

That's why I decided I'm not discussing Trump anymore. Maybe in 6 months I'll be back when he makes his first decisions as president and I will evaluate his work.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 1039 times
Gender: Male

Re: American members

Postby German-American » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:07 pm

#12 wrote:That's all you get out of that?

All right, forget the racist thing... Maybe even forget the women thing - but it's clearly there and no simple locker talk if you ask me...
What about his denial of global warming? What about his striking cluelessness? His obvious incompetence... Are you willing to admit at least one of those?

And besides, "saying something about an ethnic group that isn't nice" is the very definition of a racist remark - so please don't tell me I'm clueless


Im trying to say that there is a difference and needs to be a tolerance for racism and being an asshole lol. Maybe he has said something actually racist, but that doesnt make him a racist. He is trying to put a hard line down and make his intentions clear. Being a racist would be saying I don't want **racial term** here.
I am trying to defend his immigration policy because it is a real problem in the states. I see it first hand. and he had said multiple times that he wants to let people in, just through legal means...whats bad about that?!?!

As for the locker room talk thing. You're right. Hes guilty of that and needs to address it. Try to find people who can solve these problems. Obviously I am going to be bias towards Trump as I support him....and espeically since I despised Clinton even more.
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2198 times
Been thanked: 746 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests