You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16 pm

not in walmart!
If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANKER » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:28 pm

It's better to have them registered and reported, than guns bought in the black market. :P
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm

DerKaiser wrote:not in walmart!

I think the discussion regarding guns and Germany should be avoided altogether, don't you agree?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:42 pm

regardless of whether or not you believe there should be more guns or less, i think it's easy to agree that things are NOT good right now in the US - culturally, gun violence is a problem, and things need to change.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:14 pm

JANKER wrote:It's better to have them registered and reported, than guns bought in the black market. :P

We are not allowed to have weapons without licence in our countries, but we can figure out some guns and rifles, aren't we?

What separates the New and the Old World - state of mind. That's the key. People's state of mind and nothing else. That's why I posted Bowling for Columbine. The guy sleeps with a gun under the pillow, one kid talking about a bomb size of a tennis ball and saying how 'silly' it is and how he was almost having nightmares because he didn't know who was the the guy no. 1 on the black list. I mean, people here would say you are more than 'mature' to be hospitalized in "special institutions", but not in USA.

At this moment, nothing wouldn't prevent American citizens of having weapons in their property. I guess Mexican and Colombian cartels would return a favor and start selling back their weapons which they probably got from USA black market. :)

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:40 am

DerKaiser wrote:trust you no thanks! it works well here in germany

Germany's great but apparently it's not to hard to find an AK in Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:48 am

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:05 am

If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 am

Social Identity Theory

by Saul McLeod twitter icon published 2008

Henri Tajfel's greatest contribution to psychology was social identity theory.

Social identity is a person’s sense of who they are based on their group membership(s).

Tajfel (1979) proposed that the groups (e.g. social class, family, football team etc.) which people belonged to were an important source of pride and self-esteem. Groups give us a sense of social identity: a sense of belonging to the social world.

In order to increase our self-image we enhance the status of the group to which we belong. For example, England is the best country in the world! We can also increase our self-image by discriminating and holding prejudice views against the out group (the group we don’t belong to). For example, the Americans, French etc. are a bunch of losers!

Therefore we divided the world into “them” and “us” based through a process of social categorization (i.e. we put people into social groups).

This is known as in-group (us) and out-group (them). Social identity theory states that the in-group will discriminate against the out-group to enhance their self-image.

The central hypothesis of social identity theory is that group members of an in-group will seek to find negative aspects of an out-group, thus enhancing their self-image.

Prejudiced views between cultures may result in racism; in its extreme forms, racism may result in genocide, such as occurred in Germany with the Jews, in Rwanda between the Hutus and Tutsis and, more recently, in the former Yugoslavia between the Bosnians and Serbs.

Henri Tajfel proposed that stereotyping (i.e. putting people into groups and categories) is based on a normal cognitive process: the tendency to group things together. In doing so we tend to exaggerate:

1. the differences between groups

2. the similarities of things in the same group.

We categorize people in the same way. We see the group to which we belong (the in-group) as being different from the others (the out-group), and members of the same group as being more similar than they are. Social categorization is one explanation for prejudice attitudes (i.e. “them” and “us” mentality) which leads to in-groups and out-groups.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:52 am

DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby harry-muc » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:16 pm

German-American wrote:A lot of these guns which are in crimes are bough illegally, I have a bunch of guns myself and its not fair for people like me to have restrictions with guns b/c of the small amount of gun related crimes. If you look at England, when they banned guns there was still guns crimes, it did dramatically decrees, but knife crimes went through the roof. Apparently it happens every 4 minutes in the UK(source listed below). I would much rather have a gun for protection than a knife, especially if I was a female(simply b/c it would be hard to defend myself, if I was a female, against a strong man).
If a thug wants to hurt or kill people he/she will do so one way or another. Guns have a lot of good purposes, sport, hunting, protection, collection, and so on. To put it in more of a prospective for football fans, if some person who doesn't really like football said in order to stop racism in football we can't have the world cup because it would lessen the mixing of different cultures....or so on.

Guns were clearly mentioned in the constitution for a very specific reason, lets not try to banish them to much :D

Not to mention that when ever legislation gets passed it seems to accumulate into more laws of the same nature getting stricter as time goes on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lling.html

its a difference if most people have a gun at hand, or you have to get one illegal under some difficulties. shooting is no sport, you dont need to hunt, nowadays you can go to a supermarket to get your meet (or even better: dont eat it) and if you just like hunting animals then use your hands, then it would at least be an accomplishment.
im 36, i live in a city with 1,5 million people and i often hang around the "darker" places...i was never being threatened with a knife or a gun. coincidence?
harry-muc
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:47 pm

harry-muc wrote:if you just like hunting animals then use your hands, then it would at least be an accomplishment.

That's a real hunt. Knife, sword, axle or a rope and naked hands... There you'll probably feel excitement. :)

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:17 pm

:coffee: One of those days again
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:19 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Image

Luckily we rebooted Germany properly the second time around.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANKER » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:00 pm

All it takes is to be threatened one time... 'Gun control' controls the ones who don't need control. :P
You can make a gun yourself so how're you gonna stop that?
It's becoming harder and harder to control anything.
God knows how many sick people with weird ideas are wandering free... When you can marry a tree or dolphin, not that surprising.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge