You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

American members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: American members

Postby pyrasur » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:We're experts on walls - guess it'll boost our economy...

PunkCapitalist wrote:Democracy works nowhere xD. We are slaves to the predetermined results of political economy.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Maybe... But instead of rambling in about it: name a political system that works better?!

Also, I think that sentence is both offensive to slaves and unsubstantial
Cause last time I checked, I still had a free will...
Also, I think it's pretty obvious that the rule that applies for democracy (see above) is the sane when it comes to capitalism... ;)

pyrasur wrote:I had a buddy today bring up a good point to me, that people kept backing Trump because they were just as tired of being labeled as the people Trump supposedly labelled. Like the boy who cried wolf, some are bad, but a lot of them are good honest people. They backed Trump because he promised security: you want a fence around your house to keep out burglars, he promised them a fence around their country. These people will welcome guests with open arms, but they aren't going to allow someone to break into their home. These people don't hate Mexicans or Muslims, these are the people who welcome Cubans fleeing Castro and Afghans who assisted the US against the Taliban.

And when you get labeled as a bigot for backing someone who seems to have your back, you think to yourself, "wait a minute, I'm not a racist." At that point those people stopped listening to a media that considered them deplorable. They realized some of the "elites" are just as prejudiced. The frustrating thing about living in the South isn't how ignorant it sometimes is, it's my educated supposedly open-minded colleagues, and instead are so close-minded. It pisses me off when my liberal friends look down on some of the poor black kids here as ignorant and dumb, and don't give a shit about the poverty these kids come from where they will likely be shot on the streets by some gangmember unless they make it big in the NFL.

Before #12 tries to take my words into some straw man to act as if I'm saying Trump's policies are good for the country, I'm not saying that at all. I'm merely oversimplifying a complex mindset of a non-homogeneous group of people who are no better or worse than any other set of people. I guess what I'm trying to say to anyone left with an open mind, think two seconds before you try to pack a bunch of people you consider bigots into a very small box.

Don't know where, how and why you'd get the idea... I actually agree for the most part... Just that sooooooo many states would have popped red even if the candidate was a bag if dog poo - which is probably the only thing more gross than Trump
Cause that sure as hell ain't part of an open mindset, is it? ;)

And the other thing:
Of course many are falsely accused, labelled and whatnot... But a sentence I've heard a lot here recently is: "Die Nazis haben den Ruf der Nazis so sehr ruiniert, dass nichtmal mehr die Nazis Nazis sein wollen" (and IIRC you understand this)...
Those people claim to not be racist, when they clearly are and just don't realize it...
And I think when you don't realize who you're following, you're to be blamed partially...
Take ramsej's "Online Magazin" source... The guy writing this is CLEARLY so far right, he must've cut of the thumb because it faced the left...
Posting videos of disappointet people, ridiculing them, one-sided news broadcasting with a single perspective, no neutrality, just attempted assertion of influence... Who considers stuff like that journalism?

TL;DR: Of course, they're not all racists... probably not even half of them... But there's quite a bunch... And a big part of them don't see themselves as, but still are...

And to those who are not: I - and this is just me - would never give my vote to a guy I clearly see unfit (and thus let him speak in my name), just to prove a point...

Either way... What I find interesting again, is how ramsej wants to see Clinton in jail so badly for sending email from the wrong computer (I know I'm more liberal about this than most people, but even considering US secretiveness I don't see this as severe as what's coming up...) while TWO lawsuits on Trump - one for fraud, one for sexual assault on a teenage girl - either don't seem to concern him or even are ridiculous and made up...
Poor Donald getting set up all the time

I know, I know, it's only wrong when someone does it whom you don't like...

Oh dude... The American media is one-sided ad it gets, i think part of why Trump won is the incessant and obnoxious campaign the media is constantly having against anyone who is not a Social Democrat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... sible.html

Not that I agree with all of that, but the description of the media is somewhat accurate (I think it's actually rather mild). I have the New Yorker and the New York Times in my RSS feed, I have been nauseated by it for months now (and I'm not even a Republican). I also find Paul Krugman nauseating btw.

Dude this article is spot on. Mitt Romney would have been great. Now we've got Trump.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Trump's own views have little to do with it. Through him the Republican party has gained a lot of power and they are very openly against a number of minorities.

And what, do you think suddenly gay Kristallnacht will erupt across america? The worst thing that could happen is gay marriage not being legalized yet (but history moves unequivocally in its direction, one day it will be as widely accepted as hetero marriage, regardless of how much conservatives try). And yet, what evidence suggests is that Trump will just brush aside such issues at the federal level and let them be managed by the states (which is, IMO, the best possible outcome).

PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

JANKER wrote:So far the 'liberals' been causing more trouble than 'racist' Trump supporters... it's a good thing to point out, you know.

Well, they're the ones on the losing side. Had Hillary won, it would be the losing candidate himself leading the protests. :P
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANKER » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
JANKER wrote:So far the 'liberals' been causing more trouble than 'racist' Trump supporters... it's a good thing to point out, you know.

Well, they're the ones on the losing side. Had Hillary won, it would be the losing candidate himself leading the protests. :P

They've beaten up Trump supporters during the campaign... they've been hunting down Trump supporters... they've been oppressed everywhere.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:56 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Trump's own views have little to do with it. Through him the Republican party has gained a lot of power and they are very openly against a number of minorities.

And what, do you think suddenly gay Kristallnacht will erupt across america? The worst thing that could happen is gay marriage not being legalized yet (but history moves unequivocally in its direction, one day it will be as widely accepted as hetero marriage, regardless of how much conservatives try). And yet, what evidence suggests is that Trump will just brush aside such issues at the federal level and let them be managed by the states (which is, IMO, the best possible outcome).

That in itself would slow down equality, but they now hold the major decision-making bodies + very conservative judges will likely be appointed to the Supreme Court. It is these people who tend to be against immigration, non-Christian theistic views, the LGBT community, etc. Hopefully they won't be THAT conservative.

In my opinion the biggest problem is that Trump's pre-election rhetoric will seem to legitimise violence against minorities, especially Muslims and Mexicans. It's what happened in the UK, I'm basing my assumption on that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:57 pm

JANKER wrote:They've beaten up Trump supporters during the campaign... they've been hunting down Trump supporters... they've been oppressed everywhere.

And they were as wrong to do so as the East's right-sided oppression of political opponents. But these people on both sides are only a small section of those with left or right views.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:02 pm

I think conservative judges are a good thing. The Constitution should be interpreted as te Founders intended, and Democrats don't like that.

The rhetoric part is nasty, but it's not the apocalypse people are making it up to be. I don't expect it to change anything.

PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:26 pm

I don't mind conservative judges either, as long as they are not too conservative to negatively affect the rights and lives of some citizens.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:24 pm

JANKER wrote:Liberals are such nice people...

Spoiler: show

This is no different than saying that the KKK accurately represents all Trump supporters...
nice straw man argument right there
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 pm

There were Muslims who voted for Trump as well as there were also Afro Americans...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:31 pm

JANKER wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

They've beaten up Trump supporters during the campaign... they've been hunting down Trump supporters... they've been oppressed everywhere.

Quit it with this "their side is worse than ours" bullsh*t. There has been just as many cases post election of people waking up with "sand n*****s go home" notes on their doors and people Hijabs being ripped off. This election is bringing out the shittiest hateful people from both sides and to ignore one side while propping the others up as the average example of their party is childish and flat out wrong.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm

I am curious about what Israel thinks... I have a feeling that Trump may become very handy for their agenda and that would be a tragedy.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

American members

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote::lol: liked the thumb thing of Onlinemagazine !

maybe it is as you say , but we need someone to balance the leftist / zionist media no?

Dude seriously, what do you take?
I don't know about your country, but there's WAY more right-wing (propaganda) media here than anything else... And I know of no "zionist media" whatsoever...
The US has (historically, so I think your hope is useless...) always backed Israel and its politics were pro Israel, I'll give you that... But I know only of one group of people talking about what you mention... You might say a a worldwide Jewish-Bolschewist-conspiracy huh? Now where have I heard that cause I seem to have trouble...
Seriously... Bonds are tight, but there is no dark side of the force pulling strings on the world stage in the back... At least not the way you think... World is run by large economic conglomerates, and it's not the Rothschilds

JANKER wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
JANKER wrote:Liberals are such nice people...

Going pointlessly around in a circle. Some users here have posted in the post that it is wrong to say that all right wing people are extremists or racists or whatever. Same applies for the left. There are rotten apples on both sides who would resort to violence and crime in order to further their political beliefs.

So far the 'liberals' been causing more trouble than 'racist' Trump supporters... it's a good thing to point out, you know.

Dude, seriously, do you know what a social media bubble is? Then try to get out of it for a moment, and then evaluate again, will ya?

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think conservative judges are a good thing. The Constitution should be interpreted as te Founders intended, and Democrats don't like that.

The rhetoric part is nasty, but it's not the apocalypse people are making it up to be. I don't expect it to change anything.

I'm sorry Punk, but I gotta tell you, this is pretty dumb...
First of all, if everybody would act this way, there wouldn't be any progress anywhere in the world... And second of all, I know the words very very well (and I think they're insanely beautiful btw...), but without going into detail, you see for yourself that the core value has yet to be redeemed... And that the founding fathers were probably pretty much ok with slavery, cause they just didn't think some people were "men"... Right? ;)
I'm no American, and barely in the place to do so, but I think a SC argueing over the same things we do would be a good thing, hence an ewual distribution between conservatives and progressionists would be awesome IMHO...

ramsej84 wrote:There were Muslims who voted for Trump as well as there were also Afro Americans...

You've mentioned that before, and I didn't say anything, but now I can't stop the urge anymore... But this is the world's worst argument ever
Not trying to bring the guy into everything, but there were Jews voting and cheering for Hitler... They were cheering in the streets, and foreign countries? Their athletes all came to Berlin 1936 and esp. France cheered for him...
Be aware: I'm not trying to correlate between Hitler and Trump, but rather trying to show that this is not an argument, it's garbage
Last edited by #12 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am curious about what Israel thinks... I have a feeling that Trump may become very handy for their agenda and that would be a tragedy.

So, you don't like [Muslim] immigrants in Europe, but you also don't like Israel? How does that even work? Israel is the only... Western [let's leave it at that] and open society in the middle East, what's so wrong with them?

PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby ottackon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:02 pm

ottackon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext