You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Borusse » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 pm

That looks to me like Gotze might play from the start! Would be fun, although I would prefer him to get his special moment to come in for the last 20 minutes or so. Would be a beautiful to witness. :D

But I think it will be Martinez,Muller,Kroos trio in the middle.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Thiago is on the bench vs Augsburg. :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Good to see him back, but I don't think he'll make the pitch until we're comfortably infront
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:58 pm

No need to rush him, hopefully this is a sign he may make the BvB game since he will have a week of international break to rest up and get fit
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Thiago is back to team training!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Superb!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

He's the first Bayern player I remember that ends up on the bench 3 days before he starts team training following a long-term injury.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm

MUTU wrote:He's the first Bayern player I remember that ends up on the bench 3 days before he starts team training following a long-term injury.

Pep just wants his favorite pet to be nearby. :lol:

But this is good news. Hopefully he'll come back like Gotze, be a super-sub.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm

runaway wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:Again you are just arguing with the word project. Pep can have more than one project. For example, Pep learning German was also a project of Pep's. It was not his only project. Of course, the team is also his project but to learn to speak german was a project he undertook. Here is a dictionary definition of project:
noun
something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.

a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.

Is not Pep's bringing in of Thiago contemplated? Is it not planned? Is it not a large or major undertaking, especially involving considerable money and personnel??? This is the definition of a project and Pep's signing of Thiago definitely fits the definition. How could a coach bring in an attacking mf for 21 mil. on a team stacked with amf's and not have a project to integrate that player in to the team? Of course that is a (not the, a) project of Pep's.

As I said, a million times, the opportunity to buy a young talented player happened for a cheap price. We would be stupid not to buy a player with Thiago's potential for that cheap amount. We only bought one player after Pep arrived because we don't need anyone yet. He was a luxury buy. As we know of what Pep said, Thiago can do many things, both attack and defense. You saying Thiago is Pep's project means Pep will give considerable large amount of his attention to Thiago which is unfair both for Pep, Thiago, and for the players. We haven't seen Pep give him favors. And that is something I thank Pep.

Also, if you think 21mil is very expensive for a talent like Thiago, you must have been living in a very reasonable, not controlled by business greed, surreal world. Madrid bought Isco for 30million. Anyone else think we overpaid Barca for Thiago? I always thought it was a steal and a bargain.

Sorry, I just read this old reply now but you are way off if you are accusing me of saying 21 mil is very expensive for a talent like Thiago. I also never said we overpaid for him. You made all that up. I put a definition of the word project which said a considerable amount of money. I said you would not spend 21 mil if you did not plan on integrating them in to your team. You completely putting words in my mouth. I said 21 mil is a considerable amount of money. And it is. Even for mighty FC Hollywood. It is not like we got Goretzka for 850,000 or something. Not saying he is Gareth Bale but 21 million is a considerable amount of money. You think I live in a "surreal world" because I call 21 mil a considerable amount of money? Oh yeah, I am sure in your life that is hardly anything but here in my "surreal world" it is a considerable amount? We are playing in a league where most teams have never spent that on a player ever so yeah, I consider it a considerable amount (not too much for Thiago as you are claiming I said for some reason) . I am sure the FCB board would say "we bought Thiago but it did not involve any considerable $, just 21 million. " Didn't get Dortmund get Reus for like 17.5? SO in your "real world" you can buy a player like Reus and it does not even involved considerable money, just a paltry 17 million, eh?
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:14 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:Sorry, I just read this old reply now but you are way off if you are accusing me of saying 21 mil is very expensive for a talent like Thiago. I also never said we overpaid for him. You made all that up. I put a definition of the word project which said a considerable amount of money. I said you would not spend 21 mil if you did not plan on integrating them in to your team. You completely putting words in my mouth. I said 21 mil is a considerable amount of money. And it is. Even for mighty FC Hollywood. It is not like we got Goretzka for 850,000 or something. Not saying he is Gareth Bale but 21 million is a considerable amount of money. You think I live in a "surreal world" because I call 21 mil a considerable amount of money? Oh yeah, I am sure in your life that is hardly anything but here in my "surreal world" it is a considerable amount? We are playing in a league where most teams have never spent that on a player ever so yeah, I consider it a considerable amount (not too much for Thiago as you are claiming I said for some reason) . I am sure the FCB board would say "we bought Thiago but it did not involve any considerable $, just 21 million. " Didn't get Dortmund get Reus for like 17.5? SO in your "real world" you can buy a player like Reus and it does not even involved considerable money, just a paltry 17 million, eh?

Are we still on this argument? :lol: As you can see, Thiago's presence is indeed good for us. Now that Schweinstiger is out until next year, with Thiago, we have at least a replacement without losing enough quality. As for Thiago being expensive. I didn't put it in your mouth. Read your above post. You already said it, 21mil is a considerable amount for you. All I said was "if you think 21mil is expensive," I didn't say you saying we overpaid.

Another thing, I think you shouldn't compare Reus transfer to Thiago's. One, Thiago was bought from a top club. We bought him for 21mil because both clubs reached an agreement to prevent triggering the release clause. Two, Bundesliga might be frugal in their money but not in other leagues. I compared Isco's and Thiago's transfer because I think they are closer.

Can you objectively say, Pep has been favoring any player so far? We are hampered by injuries. Players get their playing time. I don't see anyone in our squad complaining yet.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 pm

runaway wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:Sorry, I just read this old reply now but you are way off if you are accusing me of saying 21 mil is very expensive for a talent like Thiago. I also never said we overpaid for him. You made all that up. I put a definition of the word project which said a considerable amount of money. I said you would not spend 21 mil if you did not plan on integrating them in to your team. You completely putting words in my mouth. I said 21 mil is a considerable amount of money. And it is. Even for mighty FC Hollywood. It is not like we got Goretzka for 850,000 or something. Not saying he is Gareth Bale but 21 million is a considerable amount of money. You think I live in a "surreal world" because I call 21 mil a considerable amount of money? Oh yeah, I am sure in your life that is hardly anything but here in my "surreal world" it is a considerable amount? We are playing in a league where most teams have never spent that on a player ever so yeah, I consider it a considerable amount (not too much for Thiago as you are claiming I said for some reason) . I am sure the FCB board would say "we bought Thiago but it did not involve any considerable $, just 21 million. " Didn't get Dortmund get Reus for like 17.5? SO in your "real world" you can buy a player like Reus and it does not even involved considerable money, just a paltry 17 million, eh?

Are we still on this argument? :lol: As you can see, Thiago's presence is indeed good for us. Now that Schweinstiger is out until next year, with Thiago, we have at least a replacement without losing enough quality. As for Thiago being expensive. I didn't put it in your mouth. Read your above post. You already said it, 21mil is a considerable amount for you. All I said was "if you think 21mil is expensive," I didn't say you saying we overpaid.

Another thing, I think you shouldn't compare Reus transfer to Thiago's. One, Thiago was bought from a top club. We bought him for 21mil because both clubs reached an agreement to prevent triggering the release clause. Two, Bundesliga might be frugal in their money but not in other leagues. I compared Isco's and Thiago's transfer because I think they are closer.

Can you objectively say, Pep has been favoring any player so far? We are hampered by injuries. Players get their playing time. I don't see anyone in our squad complaining yet.

Ok, first of all I thought you were bringing this back up by saying Pep wanted his pet on the bench with him.
Now, How can you claim you didn't accuse me of saying we overpaid? In your post you specifically say "anyone else think we overpaid for Thiago?" You did say that whether you want to admit it or deny it. It is there for everyone to read. And saying it is considerable amount is NOT saying we overpaid. I think a Porsche costs a considerable amount of money. That doesn't mean I think Porsches are overpriced. Youre making a completely inaccurate inference about what I said. Considerable does not mean overpriced by any definition of the word.
And I am not comparing the Reus transfer other than to point out that 21 million is a considerable amount. ie you can buy one of the top stars in Germany for less.
Also, if the comment about Pep wanting his pet on the bench was aimed at me then you again misunderstood my plain English...in the expression pet project the word pet qualifies the word project not the player. I am saying that the project is his pet not the player as you seem to take it to mean. Maybe where you live this is not a known expression. In Canada it is common and used to describe a situation such as this. Sorry if you did not understand.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:41 am

scaPEPgoat wrote:Ok, first of all I thought you were bringing this back up by saying Pep wanted his pet on the bench with him.
Now, How can you claim you didn't accuse me of saying we overpaid? In your post you specifically say "anyone else think we overpaid for Thiago?" You did say that whether you want to admit it or deny it. It is there for everyone to read. And saying it is considerable amount is NOT saying we overpaid. I think a Porsche costs a considerable amount of money. That doesn't mean I think Porsches are overpriced. Youre making a completely inaccurate inference about what I said. Considerable does not mean overpriced by any definition of the word.

You might not have been active for a while or even in the chat during matches but I have always joked about Pep and his kinky side.

As you said, I asked others opinions to get the general consensus about Thiago's transfer, coz I believe we bought Thiago at a very good price, since no one is joining the discussion. I think I would stop too after this. I've already said my opinion and you've already said yours. No need to drag this out since we're already in mid-season.

scaPEPgoat wrote:And I am not comparing the Reus transfer other than to point out that 21 million is a considerable amount. ie you can buy one of the top stars in Germany for less.

I'd rather we buy a talent outside Germany for a change since people always accuse us of buying the other teams' top talents thereby weakening them. Do you know any U21 German talent that has the flexibility and potential like Thiago's that we should buy instead?

scaPEPgoat wrote:Also, if the comment about Pep wanting his pet on the bench was aimed at me then you again misunderstood my plain English...in the expression pet project the word pet qualifies the word project not the player. I am saying that the project is his pet not the player as you seem to take it to mean. Maybe where you live this is not a known expression. In Canada it is common and used to describe a situation such as this. Sorry if you did not understand.

I know what you mean about the pet project. I have already replied to your posts about what I think. As for the 'pet', again, that's not an answer to you but MUTU's post. I even qouted his post and posted my reply.

Whether Thiago deserves to be in our squad is a moot point. He's already part of our squad and he will do his talking in the pitch. All I can say is, I am thankful that we bought Thiago. He's a player that would understand if he doesn't play every game and is a suitable replacement to our starters.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby krkla » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:54 am

Can this bitch fight please end. Kind of annoying clicking this thread, thinking there's news in the given subject, when it's something completely irrelevant. When that's said, i love you both as the sons i haven't had yet. :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep:
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

"Quickly puts on badge"

This is off topic! Move the discussion to the player thread :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby scaPEPgoat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42 pm

krkla wrote:Can this bitch fight please end. Kind of annoying clicking this thread, thinking there's news in the given subject, when it's something completely irrelevant. When that's said, i love you both as the sons i haven't had yet. :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep: :pep:

WHOAH there, who you calling a bitch? You must be an internet tough guy.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List