You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Muscle injuries can be niggling if he doesn't rest right and tries to get back into action too quick.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Hope that's why they sent him home. Hopefully a minor injury, but treated with extra care.

I'm so bummed tho :( Am going to see the team twice in the next five weeks and odds are Thiago won't be there for either game :(

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:15 pm

We can cope... Hopefully Kimmich and Renato get more playing time. Would be good to have him fully fit for Arsenal though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:12 am

Not counting this week, 4 means he will have a full week with two games to prepare for Arsenal. Wolfsburg (@Home) and Ingolstadt (away). Now for God's sake, DO NOT TREAT THAT INJURY IN BARCELONA!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby theundead » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am

F**k. hope he recovers well and fast
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Achilles » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 am

lau03143 wrote:Muscle injuries can be niggling if he doesn't rest right and tries to get back into action too quick.

No way this happening with our previous disasters like Boateng,Benatia and of course Thiago, doctors and the board won't let that happen plus that Ancelotti is over protective in these kind of matters regarding injuries! He proved that with Vidal's case, the heavy rotation, Boateng now and Martinez slow intergration into the starting XI when he had a minor injury.

Thiago is pivotal, he'll get the proper rest to come back fit & strong like he was before, I'm 100% sure that this is the plan even if it means that he plays against Arsenal without a single game in his feet until then. This year we need him desparetely and it's not semi-finals to risk such a thing neither we play against Barca or Madrid. Tough luck for Thiago, I was very frustrated but 4-weeks for a muscle injury it's fine!
The good thing is that we are going to see Renato even more, can't wait!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:49 am

TBH even if he will be 90% fit I would not risk him in the first leg. At least not from the start

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:19 am

4 weeks isn't a drama.

Maybe this will help Ancelotti to use Müller instead of Thiago as AM... and still use Müller as AM when Thiago would come back. The spanish would take the CM spot next to Vidal and all would be great.

#Dreaming
Coman
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Roonzil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 am

Carlo is hoping for a 3 week absence from Thiago, but they still need to do additional tests in Munich to see how bad the damage is, so it might be more (or less). Thiago is currently staying with the team in Qatar, which I think is good: team spirit, tactical discussions etc.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Roonzil wrote:Carlo is hoping for a 3 week absence from Thiago, but they still need to do additional tests in Munich to see how bad the damage is, so it might be more (or less). Thiago is currently staying with the team in Qatar, which I think is good: team spirit, tactical discussions etc.

Roonzil, do you have a link for that 3 week diagnostic? Tks.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Roonzil » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Alduin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:25 am

I know and understand that Thiago previous injuries where knee related. He is a glass type player and injuries are going to continue to bother him and honestly we need players that actually play and not spend time recovering. Same principle goes to Badstuber.

I like how Thiago plays and gives his all but he is clearly player who can't start twice a week or even play 90 minutes. He needs to be used either as a super sub or be removed from the field in the first or second substitution if he starts in the game.
The brightest star is bavarian red! Super Bayern! Stern des Südens!
Stern Von Costa Rica Fan Club Admin.
https://www.sternvoncr.com
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby zozon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 am

Alduin wrote:I know and understand that Thiago previous injuries where knee related. He is a glass type player and injuries are going to continue to bother him and honestly we need players that actually play and not spend time recovering. Same principle goes to Badstuber.

I like how Thiago plays and gives his all but he is clearly player who can't start twice a week or even play 90 minutes. He needs to be used either as a super sub or be removed from the field in the first or second substitution if he starts in the game.

How he is a glass type player and how you assessed and its CLEAR that he cant start twice a week? He doesnt have the stamina or? #-o :roll:
You do realize that he got injured in the training camp, do you? In a sunny Qatar. Not by playing 2 times a week in a muddy pitch.

A simple check on his injury history says that his last "bigger" injury lasted 24 days and it happened in November/December 2015.
His knee problems lasted a full year from March 2014 to March 2015.
In between those big injuries he has 5-6 periods with 3-4-5-6 days out.

In the meantime Douglas Costa has this injury stats

http://www.transfermarkt.com/douglas-co ... eler/75615

And Coman's stats

http://www.transfermarkt.com/kingsley-c ... ler/243714

So tell me: who are the glass players lately? Yes, Thiago had his fair share of connected periods with knee injuries, but since 2015 his injury stats are quite like normal for a footballer who plays at such level and who plays like he did - attempting dribbles and all. Do you think that all those injuries are not connected to the players I mentioned + Robbery. Those are the kind of players who like to take on players and in the process the risk of getting injured is multiplying. Why Muller doesnt get injured so much? Yes, there are players who have the BORN genes and trained body to put their body on the line and still dont get big, big injuries. Those are the bullies like Vidal, Gattuso etc. But then again, we have the dribbling type of players like Costa, Coman, Ribery and above all Thiago and Robben who are and will be at risk of getting injured.

Thats all part of their talent to change a game with a single dribble, so IMO its well worth the risk to keep them in the squad or in the first team.
Last edited by zozon on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:20 am

zozon wrote:
Alduin wrote:I know and understand that Thiago previous injuries where knee related. He is a glass type player and injuries are going to continue to bother him and honestly we need players that actually play and not spend time recovering. Same principle goes to Badstuber.

How he is a glass type player and how you assessed and its CLEAR that he cant start twice a week? He doesnt have the stamina or? #-o :roll:
You do realize that he got injured in the training camp, do you? In a sunny Qatar. Not by playing 2 times a week in a muddy pitch.

A simple check on his injury history says that his last "bigger" injury lasted 24 days and it happened in November/December 2015.
His knee problems lasted a full year from March 2014 to March 2015.
In between those big injuries he has 5-6 periods with 3-4-5-6 days out.

In the meantime Douglas Costa has this injury stats

http://www.transfermarkt.com/douglas-co ... eler/75615

And Coman's stats

http://www.transfermarkt.com/kingsley-c ... ler/243714

So tell me: who are the glass players lately? Yes, Thiago had his fair share of connected periods with knee injuries, but since 2015 his injury stats are quite like normal for a footballer who plays at such level.

And tell me about Boa! I dont think he has struck together 5 consecutive apps since the beginning of his glass period around ~Dec15 ...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby zozon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:And tell me about Boa! I dont think he has struck together 5 consecutive apps since the beginning of his glass period around ~Dec15 ...Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I kept typing and finishing my post after your Like, re-read if you wanna, maybe you will remove the like like Co-co-co-man does :lol: :lol: :lol:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List