You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby tflags » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Other than Element, I don't think that many people in the forum knew he even existed even though he is one of the few players who has scored two goals against Bayern on one game in the past few years.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby scaPEPgoat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Thiago was a surprise buy. There was an opportunity and we took it. Pep wanted Neymar first but the board advised not to. We as fans don't think we need Thiago because we still want Jupp's tactics and clearly Thiago is a surplus with it. But Pep has his own vision and he thinks Thiago can be a part of it. Pep's project is Bayern, not Thiago. I don't think Pep would have bought Thiago if Thiago didn't want out in Barca since he has already said he won't be enticing Barca players to move.

The reason Thiago's U-21 is highlighted so much is because when Tito became Barca manager, Thiago was practically a fringe player. He thrived and made a mark when Pep was Barca's manager. And in the U-21 tourney, he shone. We saw that given time and confidence, Thiago be a Xavi. Even Isco shone in that tourney.[/quote]

Guardiola said :

"The club will decide. I told them my opinion. [I want him] Because he is from Barcelona. I know him, he is really good ... I spoke to the club about my project and told them why I want Thiago Alcantara."

Even when discussing whether or not FCB would get Thiago, Pep described the move himself as "my project"
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:Guardiola said :

"The club will decide. I told them my opinion. [I want him] Because he is from Barcelona. I know him, he is really good ... I spoke to the club about my project and told them why I want Thiago Alcantara."

Even when discussing whether or not FCB would get Thiago, Pep described the move himself as "my project"

I think you're misunderstanding what he said. Pep said, he told the club his project, as in his vision FOR THE TEAM, and told the club that Thiago can fit that vision. Not that Thiago is his project.

From what he said, the management asked him of his opinion on Thiago since after all he's like his football father. Not that Pep demanded the club to buy Thiago. Thiago was available so we took the opportunity to buy him.

:yawn:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby scaPEPgoat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:09 pm

runaway wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:Guardiola said :

I think you're misunderstanding what he said. Pep said, he told the club his project, as in his vision FOR THE TEAM, and told the club that Thiago can fit that vision. Not that Thiago is his project.

From what he said, the management asked him of his opinion on Thiago since after all he's like his football father. Not that Pep demanded the club to buy Thiago. Thiago was available so we took the opportunity to buy him.

Again you are just arguing with the word project. Pep can have more than one project. For example, Pep learning German was also a project of Pep's. It was not his only project. Of course, the team is also his project but to learn to speak german was a project he undertook. Here is a dictionary definition of project:
noun
something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.

a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.

Is not Pep's bringing in of Thiago contemplated? Is it not planned? Is it not a large or major undertaking, especially involving considerable money and personnel??? This is the definition of a project and Pep's signing of Thiago definitely fits the definition. How could a coach bring in an attacking mf for 21 mil. on a team stacked with amf's and not have a project to integrate that player in to the team? Of course that is a (not the, a) project of Pep's.

:yawn:
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:00 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:Again you are just arguing with the word project. Pep can have more than one project. For example, Pep learning German was also a project of Pep's. It was not his only project. Of course, the team is also his project but to learn to speak german was a project he undertook. Here is a dictionary definition of project:
noun
something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.

a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.

Is not Pep's bringing in of Thiago contemplated? Is it not planned? Is it not a large or major undertaking, especially involving considerable money and personnel??? This is the definition of a project and Pep's signing of Thiago definitely fits the definition. How could a coach bring in an attacking mf for 21 mil. on a team stacked with amf's and not have a project to integrate that player in to the team? Of course that is a (not the, a) project of Pep's.

As I said, a million times, the opportunity to buy a young talented player happened for a cheap price. We would be stupid not to buy a player with Thiago's potential for that cheap amount. We only bought one player after Pep arrived because we don't need anyone yet. He was a luxury buy. As we know of what Pep said, Thiago can do many things, both attack and defense. You saying Thiago is Pep's project means Pep will give considerable large amount of his attention to Thiago which is unfair both for Pep, Thiago, and for the players. We haven't seen Pep give him favors. And that is something I thank Pep.

Also, if you think 21mil is very expensive for a talent like Thiago, you must have been living in a very reasonable, not controlled by business greed, surreal world. Madrid bought Isco for 30million. Anyone else think we overpaid Barca for Thiago? I always thought it was a steal and a bargain.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Looks like Thiago will get his boot removed on Monday and is expected to be back in another 3 to 4 weeks :) [source]
Last edited by MUTU on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed to use [source] BBCode
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby samaj » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Looks like Thiago will get his boot removed on Monday and is expected to be back in another 3 to 4 weeks :) [source]

how unlucky... gosh i really wanted to see him play more
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

You mean the screw not the boot, but thanks for the update! :)

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby jaybayern » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 pm

great news
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Thiago got his screws removed today and the rehab is going well!!! =D>
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby prasun77 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 pm

That means he will be back before the club world cup! Good because club world cup can be a useful platform for fringe and recovering players!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Great news for him. I like the fact Gotze already has an almost impossible task of competing with Kroos and Schweinsteiger for the first squad. Now that Thiago will be back I wonder how much playing time Gotze will actually get. Will be fun to watch him ruin his most improtant years of developement. Yes, Im that bitter. :mrgreen: For me its just a case of "will Gotze be number three or number four." I think he has no realistic chance of being a regular, not this season at least.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Borusse wrote:For me its just a case of "will Gotze be number three or number four."

I don't know about that, but he will be German and European champion. :mrgreen: :P
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:24 pm

He already was a German champion... twice. :P And a Champions Leaguef finalist. If he would stay in Dortmund the chance of him playing in another Champions League final would be good and he would actually be one of the key players of the potential success. And by going to Bayern he chose money and trophies over his developement and also a good chance for trophies. At least thats how things look now. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List