You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 am

How many of you noticed the inj? I thought it was a tactical sub!
I am very worried :( This inj might hinder his progress...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:06 pm

He'll be back before the Club World Cup and, depending on the draw, a potentially manageable CL group stage schedule; four out of the six games at least. He is expected to be back training mid November.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 pm

I think this means that we could see Schweinsteiger as a # 8 and Martinez as the DM in coming fixtures.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

OUCH! Thiago will be out for longer than was previously thought. They are now "hopeful" that he may be back in November. He will be out for at least two months. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
OUCH! Thiago will be out for longer than was previously thought. They are now "hopeful" that he may be back in November. He will be out for at least two months. [source]

They said he would be out for 7 weeks in the beginning and then add a couple more weeks to regain fitness so two months sounds about right imo....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

MUTU wrote:

Maybe Pep should go easy on the slaps. :pep:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Element » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

They said he would be out for 7 weeks in the beginning and then add a couple more weeks to regain fitness so two months sounds about right imo....

Thiago will need 5-6 weeks to start walking without crutches if i remember correctly
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby scaPEPgoat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:I think this makes the team stronger in the short term. With Thiago as Pep's little pet project he will always be higher on the depth chart than what he deserves. I hate to see a line up like we had against Nuremberg where Kroos and Muller are on the bench. I would always want to see more of Ribery, robben, goetze, kroos, muller, schweinsteiger, Mandzu and even Shaq than I do of Thiago but under Pep he will always get playing time. Also, this prevents Pep from experimenting with Thiago in the DM role (at least it does for the next 7 weeks). I am not saying I would wish for a player injury but just being realistic about it now that he is injured. With Goetze back he just seems surplus to requirements for the monent. He can relax and practice his German until the schedule get busier and other players' injuries place him more in demand.

The reason he played Thago and Gotze is because the schedule is packed! Bayern will be playing 3 games in the span of 7 days which included Nurnberg, Freiburg, then Chelsea. He didnt bench Kroos/Muller because Thaigo is his little project, especially Muller who probably deserved to be benched after two straight games he played badly. I can sense you like some others have some vendetta against Thiago which i can understand but he is a Bayern Munich player. I used to dislike Kroos because Jupp would always play him even when i thought he wasnt best for Bayern but i knew in the end wishing Kroos misfortune doesnt help the team. Wishing or being relieved about any misfortune Thiago is pretty much saying i want Bayern Munich to fail. He is a Bayern Munich player now and like everything Bayern involved it deserves our support. Dont blame Pep or Thiago for him being at Bayern, blame the legends we call KHR, Uli, and Sammer for forcing you to support Thiago. Im not saying you cant dislike a player but dont wish the Thiago/team misfortune just to satisfy your own selfish beliefs....

I don't have a vendetta against Thiago. I think he will be a key player for us in a few years in a post Robbery era. I specifically stated I would not wish for a player to be injured and you accuse me of doing just that. I resent you saying they are my selfish beliefs. I said that since he is injured I am being realistic about the situation. If I was being selfish I would say "Oh, I am going to see Bayern play hannover in a few weeks and so I am happy Thiago is injured". Plus how is my opinion on that situation selfish but you yourself say you used to "dislike Kroos" because he would start when you thought it was not in FCB's best interest? I like Thiago and think he is a very good player with loads of potential but not good enough to start for the best team in the world (not good enough yet anyways). I admit I did not like when Pep openly stated he "needed" Thiago for his team. If Bayern is the best team in Europe and we are supposedly getting a better coach + goetze then how does he "need" Thiago also in order to succeed? 21 million later it is fair to say that Thiago is definitely a project of Pep's. But to be clear I did not wish misfortune on any Bayern player so your advice that I should not do so is not needed. Thanks anyways for telling me what to wish for lol.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:Thiago is definitely a project of Pep's.

He's a U-21 MVP winner and the Champion's captain. He's nobody's project; he is a success story and he needs time on the pitch, not on the hospital.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:I think this makes the team stronger in the short term. With Thiago as Pep's little pet project he will always be higher on the depth chart than what he deserves. I hate to see a line up like we had against Nuremberg where Kroos and Muller are on the bench. I would always want to see more of Ribery, robben, goetze, kroos, muller, schweinsteiger, Mandzu and even Shaq than I do of Thiago but under Pep he will always get playing time. Also, this prevents Pep from experimenting with Thiago in the DM role (at least it does for the next 7 weeks). I am not saying I would wish for a player injury but just being realistic about it now that he is injured. With Goetze back he just seems surplus to requirements for the monent. He can relax and practice his German until the schedule get busier and other players' injuries place him more in demand.

The reason he played Thago and Gotze is because the schedule is packed! Bayern will be playing 3 games in the span of 7 days which included Nurnberg, Freiburg, then Chelsea. He didnt bench Kroos/Muller because Thaigo is his little project, especially Muller who probably deserved to be benched after two straight games he played badly. I can sense you like some others have some vendetta against Thiago which i can understand but he is a Bayern Munich player. I used to dislike Kroos because Jupp would always play him even when i thought he wasnt best for Bayern but i knew in the end wishing Kroos misfortune doesnt help the team. Wishing or being relieved about any misfortune Thiago is pretty much saying i want Bayern Munich to fail. He is a Bayern Munich player now and like everything Bayern involved it deserves our support. Dont blame Pep or Thiago for him being at Bayern, blame the legends we call KHR, Uli, and Sammer for forcing you to support Thiago. Im not saying you cant dislike a player but dont wish the Thiago/team misfortune just to satisfy your own selfish beliefs....

I don't have a vendetta against Thiago. I think he will be a key player for us in a few years in a post Robbery era. I specifically stated I would not wish for a player to be injured and you accuse me of doing just that. I resent you saying they are my selfish beliefs. I said that since he is injured I am being realistic about the situation. If I was being selfish I would say "Oh, I am going to see Bayern play hannover in a few weeks and so I am happy Thiago is injured". Plus how is my opinion on that situation selfish but you yourself say you used to "dislike Kroos" because he would start when you thought it was not in FCB's best interest? I like Thiago and think he is a very good player with loads of potential but not good enough to start for the best team in the world (not good enough yet anyways). I admit I did not like when Pep openly stated he "needed" Thiago for his team. If Bayern is the best team in Europe and we are supposedly getting a better coach + goetze then how does he "need" Thiago also in order to succeed? 21 million later it is fair to say that Thiago is definitely a project of Pep's. But to be clear I did not wish misfortune on any Bayern player so your advice that I should not do so is not needed. Thanks anyways for telling me what to wish for lol.

My bad for accusing you for wishing misfortune on Thiago, when you said that he was "Pep's project" it sounded like you were singling him out so i took your post the wrong way....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby scaPEPgoat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 pm

tflags wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:Thiago is definitely a project of Pep's.

He's a U-21 MVP winner and the Champion's captain. He's nobody's project; he is a success story and he needs time on the pitch, not on the hospital.

When a brand new coach singles out a player and says I "need" that player and at that time probably 0 percent of Bayern fans would have agreed that we "need" Thiago then to me that makes Thiago a "project" of sorts of Pep's. I definitely agree he is a success story and down the road will be a great asset for Bayern but right now there certainly won't be any attacking MFers on FCB complaining about too much playing time and for me he is not as highly rated as he is for Pep, or at least that is the impression I get so far. Not to say that I know so much better than Pep but I wouldn't be the first poster on this site to criticize his strategy. That is my opinion and obviously I am not the only Minga supporter that feels this way. Maybe you don't like the choice of words "project". I could have described him as a player that we would not have signed if it weren't for Pep and also a player that probably wouldn't have come to Bayern if we didn't have Pep. Pep was outspoken about wanting that specific player and they apparently have a close relationship. Pep wants to be a mentor to this player and be in charge of his development as a pro. To me, I would describe this as a "project" of Pep's. You may describe it with different words but as long as Thiago and Pep are with the team they will have a special association in many people's eyes. You can call it what you want. I don't intend to take anything away from Thiago by using the term "project" and I am sorry that you took it that way. Thanks for the summary of Thiago's young career but it's not like I have been living under a rock the past year. Great job at the u-21 but that is relative... he is over a year older than Goetze and imo his development is not anywhere close to little Mario's at this stage in their careers. He is also older than Shaq. U21 is not always the best yardstick. Ginter had a great tourney too and he is 3 years younger than Thiago. Despite all that, I do think he was a good investment for Bayern and I am sure he will have some good years for us. And I think it goes without saying that he will develop better on the field than in the hospital but I guess you were just trying to be sarcastic? Hooray MVP of the u21...you don't think that if Draxler played in that tourney in 2015 he would tear it up also? But he will be several years with the top team by then not playing u21 to try and make a name for himself. All anyone ever says about Thiago is his u21 achievements. It's like people seriously think that is a tournament with all the best u-21 players in the world but it is not. He is relatively unproven in club football and so for him to walk on to the best team in the world has a lot to do with Pep imo
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:58 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote: When a brand new coach singles out a player and says I "need" that player and at that time probably 0 percent of Bayern fans would have agreed that we "need" Thiago then to me that makes Thiago a "project" of sorts of Pep's. I definitely agree he is a success story and down the road will be a great asset for Bayern but right now there certainly won't be any attacking MFers on FCB complaining about too much playing time and for me he is not as highly rated as he is for Pep, or at least that is the impression I get so far. Not to say that I know so much better than Pep but I wouldn't be the first poster on this site to criticize his strategy. That is my opinion and obviously I am not the only Minga supporter that feels this way. Maybe you don't like the choice of words "project". I could have described him as a player that we would not have signed if it weren't for Pep and also a player that probably wouldn't have come to Bayern if we didn't have Pep. Pep was outspoken about wanting that specific player and they apparently have a close relationship. Pep wants to be a mentor to this player and be in charge of his development as a pro. To me, I would describe this as a "project" of Pep's. You may describe it with different words but as long as Thiago and Pep are with the team they will have a special association in many people's eyes. You can call it what you want. I don't intend to take anything away from Thiago by using the term "project" and I am sorry that you took it that way. Thanks for the summary of Thiago's young career but it's not like I have been living under a rock the past year. Great job at the u-21 but that is relative... he is over a year older than Goetze and imo his development is not anywhere close to little Mario's at this stage in their careers. He is also older than Shaq. U21 is not always the best yardstick. Ginter had a great tourney too and he is 3 years younger than Thiago. Despite all that, I do think he was a good investment for Bayern and I am sure he will have some good years for us. And I think it goes without saying that he will develop better on the field than in the hospital but I guess you were just trying to be sarcastic? Hooray MVP of the u21...you don't think that if Draxler played in that tourney in 2015 he would tear it up also? But he will be several years with the top team by then not playing u21 to try and make a name for himself. All anyone ever says about Thiago is his u21 achievements. It's like people seriously think that is a tournament with all the best u-21 players in the world but it is not. He is relatively unproven in club football and so for him to walk on to the best team in the world has a lot to do with Pep imo

Thiago was a surprise buy. There was an opportunity and we took it. Pep wanted Neymar first but the board advised not to. We as fans don't think we need Thiago because we still want Jupp's tactics and clearly Thiago is a surplus with it. But Pep has his own vision and he thinks Thiago can be a part of it. Pep's project is Bayern, not Thiago. I don't think Pep would have bought Thiago if Thiago didn't want out in Barca since he has already said he won't be enticing Barca players to move.

The reason Thiago's U-21 is highlighted so much is because when Tito became Barca manager, Thiago was practically a fringe player. He thrived and made a mark when Pep was Barca's manager. And in the U-21 tourney, he shone. We saw that given time and confidence, Thiago be a Xavi. Even Isco shone in that tourney.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 am

scaPEPgoat wrote:All anyone ever says about Thiago is his u21 achievements.

Nah, I've been following him since the Audi Cup - the 2011 Audi Cup - and made some comments here even before that post. :wink:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Thiago was a surprise buy. There was an opportunity and we took it. Pep wanted Neymar first but the board advised not to. We as fans don't think we need Thiago because we still want Jupp's tactics and clearly Thiago is a surplus with it. But Pep has his own vision and he thinks Thiago can be a part of it. Pep's project is Bayern, not Thiago. I don't think Pep would have bought Thiago if Thiago didn't want out in Barca since he has already said he won't be enticing Barca players to move.

The reason Thiago's U-21 is highlighted so much is because when Tito became Barca manager, Thiago was practically a fringe player. He thrived and made a mark when Pep was Barca's manager. And in the U-21 tourney, he shone. We saw that given time and confidence, Thiago be a Xavi. Even Isco shone in that tourney.[/quote]

Again, you may disagree with the term "project" but you pretty much describe what I am saying. We want Jupp's tactics and Thiago is surplus with it but Pep has his own vision and he thinks Thiago can be part of it. That means without Pep we would still have Jupp and playing with Jupp's tactics but since we got Pep now Thiago is a part of this team because of Pep. His strategy for improving the team involves incorporating Thiago, that is what I mean by him being a project. Of course I agree Bayern is his main project but bringing over Thiago and incorporating him in to Bayern is a project of Pep's.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:13 pm

tflags wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:All anyone ever says about Thiago is his u21 achievements.

Nah, I've been following him since the Audi Cup - the 2011 Audi Cup - and made some comments here even before that post. :wink:

My apologies. My wording was very poor. I did not want to say that everybody on this forum does that. I meant in general when talking to people that is what they usually bring up. I am new to this forum and have no idea what most people on here have been saying in the past about Thiago. I understand it looked like that is what I was saying. Obviously many people have admired Thiago for a while now. But when I talk to people who follow primarily Bundesliga it seems to be all they know about Thiago before he came to Bayern. When someone tries to describe Thiago's young career in one sentence about the u21's I think it is a weak argument and that is why I posted what I did.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List