You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 am

Jasper Cillessen is a decent goalkeeper. Only his penalty saving record is atrocious but we can sub in Ulreich for a shootout.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Manuel Neuer: "I'm convinced that I will make it in time for the World Cup, the only uncertainty is the exact date."

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Send via carrier pigeon.

Never mind the spelling mistake, but can you PLEEEASE disable this in your Tapatalk settings? Not just you, everyone please :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 08, 2018 5:07 pm

MUTU wrote:

Never mind the spelling mistake, but can you PLEEEASE disable this in your Tapatalk settings? Not just you, everyone please :)
Spelling mistake? OK, I will. Sorry for the off-topic. Image

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Spelling mistake? OK, I will. Sorry for the off-topic. Image

Send via carrier pigeon.

Sorry about that, it's a grammatical mistake. You say "Sent via carrier pigeon." The word "send" makes it sound like an order: "Hey Tony, can you please send this over via carrier pigeon?"
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Manuel Neuer: "I'm convinced that I will make it in time for the World Cup, the only uncertainty is the exact date."

Back on topic (completely my fault!)

It depends on what he means by "make it in time"... being able to sit down on the sofa in front of the TV fully unaided, or actually playing? I'm giving up on him. His body at his age has clearly not taken well to a double leg break in quick succession. The amount of setbacks he received makes me wonder whether his body will be capable of training every day and playing every 3-4 days without any problems next season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Meanwhile, Neuer did warm-up with team and completed GK training.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

BREAKING: Manuel Neuer will not play a game this season.

Jupp Heynckes confirms to Kicker: Manuel will neither play against Stuttgart nor in the DFB Pokal final.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 10:08 am

What a bunch of amateurs. Worst medical staff in football history. Pretty sure a fresh graduate who barely passed his exams would do a better job. They destroyed the career of the best goalkeeper of all time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am

**** amateurs mate. I'm not sure that he is going to be the same player after all... And i'm not sure that he is going to be ready for the next season with that tempo..

Worst medical staff ever, not only in football.. :evil:
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 am

What a facking a mess, times up for some of the doc staff. If somebody won't take responsibility then we have to kick out some of them...
It's an absolute facking disaster. Manuel Neuer out for more than a season, the best GK by miles, in his peak, one of our main weapons and the most athletic GK in the world gets destroyed from our own docs.

I don't know what to expect anymore, I'd be so sad if we lose Neuer or he never gets back to his best. Hope that the old Manu will bounce back, I miss him very much already in the starting XI.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 am

and he wants to be in the world cup!!!!!!!!
The poor man has been jinxed
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Fortunately he will be back mid season at the least but I would have preferred him to be in the squad for the PSG fixtures....

Yeah, right :)

ramsej84 wrote:Leaving the med centre with his wife
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 3167523840

They are saying that if he needs an op it will take roughly 8 wks, meaning that he can be back by the end of Nov.
If that is the case Imo he should only start in the second round... there is no need to risk him again for max five games.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

James11 wrote:It's official. Neuer out till January.

MUTU wrote:Neuer will miss 19 to 20 matches for Bayern with this injury.

13 Bundesliga matches
5 Champions League matches
1 or 2 DFB Pokal matches (depending on whether or not we go through against RB Leipzig)

America USA wrote:Although January is the expected date of return, I don't think he'll be back until February/March.

Mircea_1984 wrote:They said January 2018 to not put pressure on Manu's recovery, given his setback during the conservative treatment in the summer, but by the end of November he should start the individual training and running. There are every chanches that he will be completely recovered after the Christmas.

ramsej84 wrote:Manu will spend six weeks on crutches than he will start the rehabilitation prog...

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Manu will spend six weeks on crutches than he will start the rehabilitation prog...
January might still be early imo...
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 7429946369

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Here we go... "at the earliest" now.

Expect Manu to come back in late February.

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

America USA wrote:As I had expected. Neuer will not be back until late March around the time of a potential CL QF. Fractures are terrible and those who had expected a January return were either lying or are foolish.

ramsej84 wrote:Some bad news... https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 8246157315
If this is correct it will only be in March when he will be back to guard our goal

tflags wrote:March 1st as per transfermarkt.

America USA wrote:As I had said, he won’t be back until April.

tflags wrote:Transfermarkt says March 1st.

MUTU wrote:"The plan is that he can train sometime in February, March, that he certainly needs more time [to recover]," Joachim Loew told Radio B5.

"He is the best keeper in the world, our captain and we absolutely need him."

IsiahRashad wrote:Manuel Neuer is expected to resume team training in around 6 weeks. Comeback in March.

America USA wrote:I think he should be back by April.

IsiahRashad wrote:Jupp on Manuel Neuer: "I just met Manu in the gym. The doctors are very optimistic, but I won't precise a comeback date now because that would only build up too much pressure on him"

DRvad14 wrote:end of April ?

Can't see tweet? Click here!

America USA wrote:Transfermarkt now says that Manuel will be back on April 19. That sounds about right and as I had predicted that he would be back somewhere in mid/late April.

If Neuer can join team training after the Pokal Semifinal by April 20 then there is an outside chance that he could play for Bayern in the (potential) CL SF second leg and surely by the (potential) Final.

tflags wrote:"You'll see if he's on the training ground in early April," Heynckes said.

Via TZ.

IsiahRashad wrote:Jupp on Neuer: "The perspective is positive. It's looking very good"
Comeback in April?
Jupp: "I think so, yes"

IsiahRashad wrote:According to Kicker, Manuel Neuer will try running on the treadmill at 100% for the first time today. Adding that if everything goes well, Neuer could be back in goal for Bayern next month.

#12 wrote:Salihamidzic just said live in Sky when asked about his personal feeling: "I would be happy if he would be able to play a few matches for us this season"

ramsej84 wrote:If we reach the dfb pokal finale I guess that he will be the one to defend our goal.

MUTU wrote:19th April is Transfermarkt's estimated comeback. If that's accurate, he would be fit for both (potential) Champions League semi-final ties! The first legs will be played on 24th and 25th April. The second legs on 1st and 2nd May.

Maybe he can play some part in the match against Hannover 96 on 21st April?

I'm dying to see him back.

IsiahRashad wrote:Heynckes: "Manuel Neuer's current situation is very positive. His injury is 100% healed, but now it's about upping the intensity step by step, then we'll see when he could return. I'm confident that it will happen this season still."

YlonenXabi wrote:I have a feeling he will come back against Eintracht just before the 2nd league against Real.

#12 wrote:I think he'll play next week...

MUTU wrote:I predict Manuel Neuer to play in the Bundesliga against Eintracht Frankfurt on 28th April 2018, between the first and second legs against Real Madrid.

IsiahRashad wrote:The game against Köln comes too early for Manuel Neuer. Heynckes says, "We'll have a look next week." [Kicker]

IsiahRashad wrote:Jupp Heynckes on Neuer: He will take the next step toward his return next week. Tomorow will not be available. Physically he is 100% fit. He still has great ambitions to go to the World Cup.

Neuer will play next week.

IsiahRashad wrote:Manuel Neuer: "I'm convinced that I will make it in time for the World Cup, the only uncertainty is the exact date."

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

Neuer also has said he will not go to the WC if he doesnt get any game playing time before hand
..... Hallo Herr Ter Stegen germany´s new number 1
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 am

DerKaiser wrote:Neuer also has said he will not go to the WC if he doesnt get any game playing time before hand

There's 2 friendlies, one on 2nd June and one on 8th June, before the World Cup. Technically those could count as playing time beforehand.

However, with the setbacks he's had, I'm half expecting him to announce his retirement from football in the coming days.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List