You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 am

RedQueen wrote:For all I care you can rely on Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, you stupid troll. So "FCBayern are unsure whether they actually need to sign a forward this winter" means "oh we are not looking for back up strikers'" now. Another shining example of your reading comprehension skills.

And I'm not the only one who's stated here that Transfermarkt isn't a reliable source on injuries.

Hey. Sorry if I hit a nerve there. Didn't know you were so sensitive about your random sources. :P . And I do hope you help me out with my reading problems. Thanks for pointing them out, it takes a very fine eye to spot them. :P
And about the insults, do watch out please; and I do mean that to anyone in particular. I really don't mind though, but it isn't proper language.

Now back on topic; I do trust transfermarkt. I've been following their 'precision' over the years and they've surprised me before. They nailed a couple of player's comeback timings to the day. Then again, predicting injury recovery timmings can be a b!tch.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:54 am

ramsej84 wrote:But is there a need to ridicule the poster...?
I was not aware that a moderator had this privilege!

I wasn't aware I was ridiculing any poster. If ridiculing a SOURCE or returning a challenge isn't accepted at the forum anymore I'll digress. Not a problem. My apologies if that is the case. Having said that, that random source turned out particularly poor. :P

(I hope this makes you feel better ramsej. You've been quite sensitive lately. :P)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby aterford » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am

Roonzil wrote:Everything for injuries is unreliable bc injuries are unpredictable. Yet in my opinion it would be best if transfermarkt isn't treated as gospel (he'll be back for this and this game bc Transfermarkt says so). It creates a pattern for expectations and disappointment. More reliable than just quoting transfermarkt is quoting the source transfermarkt uses (they only copy from other sources, and are never the main source). It's like saying 'Google says Manu will be back on...'. It tells me nothing, bc you could've googled a source like the Daily Mail...or a newspaper from China.

I don't want to correct anyone, but as someone who works in media, and has checking sources as second nature I kinda needed to get that off my chest. Transfermarkt is like google, it can be handy but is never an original source, therefore should never be trusted on without a double check. It can be used definitely, but with caution.

On topic: Manu posted a short video on Instagram today, where he's training at Säbener (on a bike for as far as I can tell). Still on crutches, which can be seen in the corner of the screen. Going by the recovery date from last Summer...he went off crutches on July 10th, got back to playing a full game in september (so two whole months). Meaning he won't be back at least until the beginning of March, which is in line with what Transfermarkt is saying (see how I explained Transfermarkt's random date, and suddenly made the source legit :P )

Again, not trying to correct anyone here, just explaining my view from a media background point of view.

Agreed with this here.
I'm not sure it adds up to essentially say "until something better comes along we're going to keep using this admittedly inaccurate source as our benchmark". Not a great benchmark, no? I'm of the opinion that it's utterly useless to speculate about return times altogether. Saying "it's crap but it's the best we've got" assumes that we *must* post about when so and so is predicted to return, even though 99% of the time there's no doctor confirmation or any sort of first-party information to confirm said return. I think everyone would be a bit better off if we just stuck with "Neuer is injured. The club says he will miss 6 months." and leave it at that until the club, player, or doctor says otherwise.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:29 am

aterford, it's speculation and you should see it that way. You need to look at it the way you look at transfer rumours. To me, transfermarkt saying* Neuer will return on 1st March is like BILD saying we are interested in signing player X. If that rumour comes along, of course we would discuss it otherwise the transfer section would close down and we'd only discuss them once the player signs the contract.

*Roonzil correctly points out that they are not the original source.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:50 am

"The plan is that he can train sometime in February, March, that he certainly needs more time [to recover]," Joachim Loew told Radio B5.

"He is the best keeper in the world, our captain and we absolutely need him."
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:40 am

I am not positive that he will be the #1 in Russia.
Two , three months of training are not enough to play as the first choice gk. Plus he will be out for a yr in total...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:I am not positive that he will be the #1 in Russia.
Two , three months of training are not enough to play as the first choice gk. Plus he will be out for a yr in total...

I don't think that he needs that much of a training for a mini-tournament like World Cup, he can keep up.
Question should be his physical condition if he is 100% ready then there is no problem secondly would be the mental factor but Manuel strikes me as a cold-heart SOB regarding that matters, looks like a genuinely super-confident dude that doesn't question himself when he knows that he is a master of his craft only fitness can cause him trouble.

I have to admit though that Marc Andre Ter Stegen is playing fantastic, Neuer is unlucky to compete with him at this very moment being on crutches while the other guy seems to be at his peak while in the previous years he was struggling to prove his quality, now all of a sudden with Barca being criticized about their non-defensive-transfers or def. options, Ter Stegen rises up and Neuer got hit by a serious injury with WC coming up...

Publicly Jogi Low is backing him up to the fullest, he said clearly that if he is fit, he starts, period!
If Manuel manages to come back fit even at March without any problems, he is #1 at Russia, no worries.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

First time without crutches
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 8804880387

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Man... Lots of great news today! :D
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Manuel Neuer is expected to resume team training in around 6 weeks. Comeback in March.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Previous

Return to Bayern Injury List