You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Hopefully, Bayern board should be working in signing a decent GK in the coming transfer period. Imagine right now a third división caliber goalkeeper (Ulreich) is defending our goal. #-o

Indeed they should if Manuel has the slightest chance not to be fit after the winter break we have to sign a decent GK immediately.
Diego Lopez for example would be fine.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Maybe we can loan Kevin Trapp?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:59 pm

If only we still had Reina...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Much ado about nothing. These things happen such is life. As long as Neuer is on the right track to recovery I’m not worried. Even if he comes back as late as April end he’ll still have a few games to prepare for the WC and honestly Ter Stegan isn’t a bad GK either.

In my honest opinion, I see Neuer back (if his treatment is perfectly done, which I’m assuming will be) by late March/early April. The last time he had this problem at Schalke back in 2008 with his right foot, it took him around three months to get back. Of course the extent of the fracture, age, etc. are factors that will come into consideration this time but still I don’t see Neuer not coming back in April at least.

Sven takes charge but if he continues with his madness then Starke/Frutchl take over after the next international break or after winter. Sven should then be sold in January or next Summer. I don’t believe Bayern should/will buy a new GK since the club is committed to making the team more German and wants to promote its own talent in this super inflated market, it makes sense to promote Frutchl. One day Neuer will retire and we’ll be in a better place to deal with that eventuality.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:Maybe we can loan Kevin Trapp?

Or if FC Köln still are stuck with 1 point by the Winter Break and they start liquidating BL assets we can bring Timo Horn to also have him in the line of succession to be our No.1 one day. He is 7 years younger than Neuer and in my opinion much better than the club that he plays for, plus a long history with German U Teams.

But Bayern needs to change its policy and give the back-up keeper some continuity, maybe not like Barca when they had one keeper for the League and one for The Champions League, but we can give our 2nd keeper the Pokal plus some BL games each season.
Last edited by Jorge on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Or we can bring back Michael Rensing (LOL) isn't he with Fortuna Düsseldorf now? We even have a connection in the club now (LOL)
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:29 pm

I like Timo matter of fact I like both Timos(Werner) but I expected much more development he is 24-y and he hasn't progressed much really. Neuer successor is Ter Stegen in the hierarchy and quality despite the fact that he isn't equally good. Horn though as a 2nd GK would be nice since he is a real and decent GK unlike Ulreich, that alone it's good enough and an upgrade( :oops: )

However at his 24 he'll get many offers from many decent teams from EPL, Liverpool before blunder-Karius were after him for example let alone the wages which will be much higher. The only reason for a GK like Horn to come to Bayern is that he'll be Neuer's successor in the next 3 years maximum where he will be 27. Good choice but highly unlikely.

Neuer back up it's the same as Lewy back up situation the only way to lure decent back ups for them is by offering huge salaries, they are doomed because both of them are the best in their positions, they don't get injured and they are in their peak.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Jorge wrote:

Or if FC Köln still are stuck with 1 point by the Winter Break and they start liquidating BL assets we can bring Timo Horn to also have him in the line of succession to be our No.1 one day. He is 7 years younger than Neuer and in my opinion much better than the club that he plays for, plus a long history with German U Teams.

But Bayern needs to change its policy and give the back-up keeper some continuity, maybe not like Barca when they had one keeper for the League and one for The Champions League, but we can give our 2nd keeper the Pokal plus some BL games each season.
Him and Hector asap

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Him and Hector asap

C'mon, are you telling me that Bernat and Rafinha are going to the bench. They are going to throw their shirt at Uli and Kalle.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:11 pm

I will not be surprise to see Starke in the next game, he has two weeks training without pressure because fifa international games.

Yes he is not a 100% solution but because his height, I can't imagine him failing in those goals that Ulreich recieve against Wolfsburg in the first goal and "maybe" the second one of PSG.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Him and Hector asap

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Him and Hector asap

C'mon, are you telling me that Bernat and Rafinha are going to the bench. They are going to throw their shirt at Uli and Kalle.

Well if that means Hector will come then I will like to see that.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:33 am

I also heard that Bochum is willing to sell their own Manuel (Riemann) for a discount:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MillaMjau » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am

Neuer was speaking hypothetically about the six months but some medias are reporting as a fact that he won't be back until April. :roll: Six months is obviously the worst case scenario. His operation was three weeks ago. He's getting treatment at Säbener Strasse every day so his recovery is very closely monitored. He himself says he's very positive and feeling he's already making progress.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

But even if he comes back let's say in March, he will need at least 1 month to be back at his best. Even now when he came back from his injury he wasn't at his usual self

We really need a solid GK. Not a TOP GK but a decent and experienced one
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List