You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 pm

America USA wrote:If anyone has even a little bit of common sense left at the Club the first thing that will be done tomorrow morning is getting X-rays and MRIs done to get an accurate diagnosis of the injury. Then a couple of days later get Neuer operated. Within one week from today (18th September, when the foot got hurt) he should be done with the Surgery and must be already wearing the sling for his foot and making sure he gets rest and doesn't put weight on the injured foot. Two and a half - three months later he should start walking again and start his rehab. Physiotherapy should take over from there.

No need to hurry him back this time. Even if this takes 7-8 months to recover completely! The priority should be on getting the injury fully healed and avoid relapses and setbacks like this one.

P.S. Friend of mine is a nurse and she once told be about this entire procedure for orthopedic/sports related injuries.

They already had an MRT today. They know the extent of the injury. The examination tomorrow is probably only to determine whether it's better to operate or not.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 pm

RedQueen wrote:
America USA wrote:If anyone has even a little bit of common sense left at the Club the first thing that will be done tomorrow morning is getting X-rays and MRIs done to get an accurate diagnosis of the injury. Then a couple of days later get Neuer operated. Within one week from today (18th September, when the foot got hurt) he should be done with the Surgery and must be already wearing the sling for his foot and making sure he gets rest and doesn't put weight on the injured foot. Two and a half - three months later he should start walking again and start his rehab. Physiotherapy should take over from there.

No need to hurry him back this time. Even if this takes 7-8 months to recover completely! The priority should be on getting the injury fully healed and avoid relapses and setbacks like this one.

P.S. Friend of mine is a nurse and she once told be about this entire procedure for orthopedic/sports related injuries.

They already had an MRT today. They know the extent of the injury. The examination tomorrow is probably only to determine whether it's better to operate or not.
Just saw this..
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 2660939776
They are not sure if there is anything broken...
I am noticing a lot of secrecy here.. how was the dynamic of the inj...? A body contact, did he fell awkwardly or what?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm

That tweet is five hours old. Bild said he underwent MRT at the clinic at the training ground immediately after training. Taking an MRT doesn't take hours. They know the extent of the injury.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm

He'll take his time to recover. Neuer knows that a new setback and he misses the World Cup.
I wouldn't be surprised if he missed most of the season. #-o
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:08 pm

This is probably the worse thing that could happen to us now. We saw how poor our defense was with Ulreich on goals in the pre season.

What worries me is that he's gonna spend almost 1 year injured (if you put his two foot injuries together) and that might affect his rhytm specially at his age.

Unbelievable.

I just can't enjoy football with so many f*cking injuries. It is soooooo annoying :x
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 pm

^ Age is the last of my concerns. He's just 31 and Goalkeepers play longer. Buffon too suffered a lengthy setback during 2010 I believe when he was 32. What is important is to ensure 100% recovery and avoiding rushing him back to the team.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Just what we needed to remind us that this is not our year yet again... this time even domestically...

Enjoy bvb and RB

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 pm

aterford wrote:Lmao Starke is never going to get to stay retired.

而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ed. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:53 am

This is clearly a major oversight by the medical team. Not knowing the foot wasn't fixed completely is negligent. In these cases, the fault also lies with the patient. I suspect if Neuer had any niggling pain, he ignored it and didn't follow up.

The entire club is being overtaken by mediocrity.

The management is clueless, that we know. Next, the ground staff can never have a decent pitch available. The surface is getting worse and was unacceptable for a club of this stature in the game against Mainz. Bundesliga 2 clubs have better pitches. It was fungus last year, wonder what the excuse is this year? Why can a club of this stature never seem to fix this? Remember that a poor pitch is one of the main contributors towards risk of injury as well. Now, the medical and fitness staff have decided to join the mediocrity brigade as well.

Time to scratch away this season and wait it out for WC 2018.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 am

Ed. wrote:This is clearly a major oversight by the medical team. Not knowing the foot wasn't fixed completely is negligent. In these cases, the fault also lies with the patient. I suspect if Neuer had any niggling pain, he ignored it and didn't follow up.

The entire club is being overtaken by mediocrity.

The management is clueless, that we know. Next, the ground staff can never have a decent pitch available, the surface is getting worse and was unacceptable for a club of this stature in the game againts Mainz. Bundesliga 2 clubs have better pitches. It was fungus last year, wonder what the excuse is this year? Remember that a poor pitch is one of the main contributors towards risk of injury as well. Now, the medical and fitness staff have decided to join the mediocrity club as well.

Time to scratch away this season and wait it out for WC 2018.

Very good points made. 100% agreed on the medical negligence part and I do think Neuer takes a bit of the blame too. I'll admit I had an uneasy feeling this whole time about his return and I felt at the back of my head that he was coming back too soon. The display against Anderlecht and Mainz silenced my fears a bit but now this happens. Manuel needs to swallow his pride and take it easy this time. Also, shame on the medics.

I don't know about the pitch conditions being that bad at a big club like Bayern. If true then someone is not doing their job right and needs to go. Too many training injuries have happened in recent years at Bayern.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 am

Leaving the med centre with his wife
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 3167523840

They are saying that if he needs an op it will take roughly 8 wks, meaning that he can be back by the end of Nov.
If that is the case Imo he should only start in the second round... there is no need to risk him again for max five games.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 am

April 18, 2017 - Neuer suffers fracture at the Bernabeu.
Now Five months later on September 18, 2017 he again injured his foot. Weird coincidence!

I think this is the same foot injury that he had sustained in March, shortly after we were drawn against Real Madrid. He came back in a hurry for the QF (and did an excellent job) but that initial injury was never given the proper time to heal itself and it has got worse twice now.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:50 am

This is a huge blow. Neuer is much more than a shot-stopper for us. He is an outfield player as well and can freedom to our entire back line to roam forward when in possession of the ball. Anyhow, Ulreich has the chance to prove himself after his summer "demands" of getting more minutes. I believe that we can manage against most the teams, though PSG and RB (Pokal) have become even more riskier.

I hope the treatment goes 100% and take all the time needed. We need him after the winter break, there's no question about that. Boateng's latest injury seems to have been managed properly after the previous mistakes. I hope the same goes for Neuer this time.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 am

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

This needs to happen. Otherwise what happens if Ulreich goes down?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby James11 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am

It's official. Neuer out till January.
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List