You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:01 am

MillaMjau wrote:Okay, now I'm starting to worry. If it's his toe, why is his ankle bandaged? And he still has a bandaged calf, too. :( 8-[
Spoiler: show
Source: Bild

Oh
That is not a foot inj but a leg (?)
T

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:28 am

MillaMjau wrote:Okay, now I'm starting to worry. If it's his toe, why is his ankle bandaged? And he still has a bandaged calf, too. :( 8-[

In such a high level sometimes the precautions are huge, I remember back then Schweini had a plaster from the knee to the ankle and yet he was ready in two weeks as the official announcement said, I don't say that this photo of Neuer looks promising but it's not like us "normal people" we get a minor-operation and we go to work after 3-4 days with a bandage. Neuer probably is told to completely relax and laid down plus all the precaution measures for the asap rehabilitation.

The surgery he had recently is fresh, very fresh but in 10 days it might be like a scratch. Even a bruise hurts like hell in the first 2-3 days imagine an operation in your toe...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am

but his toe is not bandaged it is more the ankle that is covered ... and that calf is worrying me more!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:51 am

Achilles wrote:

In such a high level sometimes the precautions are huge, I remember back then Schweini had a plaster from the knee to the ankle and yet he was ready in two weeks as the official announcement said, I don't say that this photo of Neuer looks promising but it's not like us "normal people" we get a minor-operation and we go to work after 3-4 days with a bandage. Neuer probably is told to completely relax and laid down plus all the precaution measures for the asap rehabilitation.

The surgery he had recently is fresh, very fresh but in 10 days it might be like a scratch. Even a bruise hurts like hell in the first 2-3 days imagine an operation in your toe...

Yeah, you're right. This probably looks way worse than it actually is. Crutches are no surprise, of course he'd be using them after a foot surgery. It could be that the problem with his toe is not with the digit itself but with the muscles that move the toe. If he had an operation on his muscle, it'd be only natural to have the whole instep and ankle bandaged.

That calf is worrisome but let's hope it's something precautionary because he returned to full training on Monday and I'd hate to think that our medical department would be so careless than to let an injured player back to the pitch.

And besides, he was seen on Säbener Strasse on Friday (apparently Uli´s personal chauffeur picked him up from his house) so it's likely that he has started a reha already. Bild is of course trying to create extra drama around this match... I probably should stop reading them because they always manage to freak me out. :oops:

Some of those training exercises of his are crazy. No wonder if his toes take a toll...
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Manuel Neuer will be fit in time to face Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter-finals later this month.

Neuer, 31, suffered a foot injury in training that forced him to miss the international break and underwent minor surgery on Wednesday, ruling him out for upcoming matches against Augsburg and Hoffenheim.

Bayern have huge matches against Borussia Dortmund and the first leg of their Champions League quarter finals later this month, but Ancelotti has confirmed their star goalkeeper will be back in time for those matches.

“Neuer is ready to play against Dortmund and Real Madrid,” Marca quote Ancelotti as saying. “He has a small problem with a toe but there is no danger to his participation in the first leg of the quarter-final.”
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby JANCKER » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 pm

My brother broke his little toe once(on the edge of a furniture, that's what they say the little toe serves for: detecting furniture) and they plastered all his foot and ankle too... I left him for 1 minute alone as I went upstairs then I heard him cry for help... it seemed to him that I didn't drive him fast enough to the hospital and still holds a grudge for it. Wtf a little toe can't be that urgent. :)
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MillaMjau » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Ulreich says Neuer should be ready for BVB.
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 am

According to SPORT1, Manuel Neuer will not be ready for Dortmund clash on Saturday.

FC Bayern: Manuel Neuer verletzt - wird er rechtzeitig fit?Bayern bangt um Neuer [source]
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 am

we are in deep Shit :x
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 am

No problem as long as he's ok for Real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:No problem as long as he's ok for Real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Real Madrid is the first game he plays after a 4 weeks break it's a problem imo.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby FCB general » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

I'm not worried at all as long as he's ready for the first game against Real Madrid. No need to be pessimistic, after all, we're talking about the best goalkeeper in the world. :wink:

I'd suggest you not to think about his Kikser mode turning on for that match. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:28 am

Coman wrote:If Real Madrid is the first game he plays after a 4 weeks break it's a problem imo.

Nahh... Neuer plays all the time. It won't affect him that much. And match fitness is less important for a world class GK than any other player, I think.

Btw I still think they're playing with dates as a mind game.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MillaMjau » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Of course it'd be nice if he could play against BVB to get into rhythm but only if it's risk-free.

Earlier today media wrote that he has a some sort of fracture in his foot and in the worst case it could lead to a 2-3 months' pause. But in today's presser Carletto said that he has no problem, he starts individual training today and with 100% certainty will play against Real.
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List