You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:23 pm

:roll:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MatZam » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:36 pm

:shock:

I didn't think he had that long left...
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:09 pm

He's started finally to speak some Deutsch. :)

After this long injury, I'm starting to think about his future and some doubts are coming up my mind that he won't ever get back to 2012-2013 level. :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Rauntšik » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 pm

JANCKER wrote:

:roll:

I saw something on facebook that it is actually 2-3 weeks, not months.
Don't know if that's true.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Rauntšik wrote:I saw something on facebook that it is actually 2-3 weeks, not months.
Don't know if that's true.

Then again on the other hand, what if his bad German wanted to say "Wochen" and not "Monaten" :?:

Javi know to be a real weirdo sometimes.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 pm

FCB general wrote:He's started finally to speak some Deutsch. :)

After this long injury, I'm starting to think about his future and some doubts are coming up my mind that he won't ever get back to 2012-2013 level. :?

I'd also add that he was a product of Jupp's system and tactics. While Guardiola's system and tactics have built on that, and many things are much the same, I've yet to be convinced that Javi has what it takes to command a starting place, either in defensive midfield or in central defence, in Guardiola's system.

I'd be happy enough to be wrong about all this, but I think he may be sold in the summer, if he doesn't produce some very impressive performances before that.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:05 pm

He'll need to remember his days under El Loco, as painful and traumatic it might have been :wink:, in Bilbao that might help.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:16 pm

He's still young, I wouldn't give him away just like that... When injury-free one of the best weapons to stop counterattacks is called Javi Martinez. There's a question mark but still he promised a lot... and wouldn't want to see him in rival teams, cause I think we'd regret it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Badger wrote:
FCB general wrote:He's started finally to speak some Deutsch. :)

I'd also add that he was a product of Jupp's system and tactics. While Guardiola's system and tactics have built on that, and many things are much the same, I've yet to be convinced that Javi has what it takes to command a starting place, either in defensive midfield or in central defence, in Guardiola's system.

I'd be happy enough to be wrong about all this, but I think he may be sold in the summer, if he doesn't produce some very impressive performances before that.

He'll not even make a comeback this season, so I doubt he'll be sold in the summer.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:12 pm

He had an injury plagged season in 13/14 and the same goes for this season. I still have hopes on him, just no more injuries please :) .

I liked what I saw against Dortmund in the DFB Cup final last year and I'm sure Pep rates him highly, because he was one of his objetives back in his Barça days.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:27 pm

He's the centerpiece of Heynckes' evolution tactics from Bielsa's defensive manual. The German transformed the high pressing game up front from Dortmund, but when the ball crossed the defensive second third, it was Bielsa's everyone's a defender tactic with Martinez on the drivers seat that ran havoc from Turin to Barcelona.

Guardiola doesn't like or use big midfielders with little offensive contributions. His position is at the center of a three man chain at the back. Pep came to regret not resorting to that vs Madrid. I don't think his days are numbered just yet.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby theundead » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:37 pm

But in the Pokal final, we did not play as high as we are playing now with the 3CBs.
The not-so-high line was one reason of the flawless performance by martinez that day. I am not really sure if he can be the leader of a CB line which is positioned at the half way line. Hoping for the best though
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby runaway » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:11 pm

He's a Destroyer and with two ball playing CBs with either Boateng, Benatia, or Badstuber all he'll need is to break up any attack. One of his finest hour was that semis against Barcelona. Barca got most of the possession but they can't get past and do anything significant 2/3 of the pitch because there's the Martinez-Fußballgott wall.

I'd wait for him to get fit and get a run of matches before I think too deeply about him. He's played under El Loco, it's just unreasonable how he won't be able to fit in Guardiola's system.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCB general » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:12 pm

runaway wrote:I'd wait for him to get fit and get a run of matches before I think too deeply about him. He's played under El Loco, it's just unreasonable how he won't be able to fit in Guardiola's system.

Bielsa isn't Guardiola, Jupp wasn't both Bielsa & Guardiola. I still prefer world-class defensive midfielder Martinez than solid centre-back Martinez. That one player who can be offensively more useful(which @tflags mentioned) isn't that useful so far, but it was fatal and brutal last season against Real even though we've got now far skilled striker in Misski, but still he's far from what we've expected of him.

I still prefer Badstuber-Benatia-Boateng and Bastian-Martinez defensive midfieders with Alaba and Lahm as wing-backs, Ribery and Robben as attacking midfielders, Müller, Misski or Pizarro up front on striker position.

In 4-2-3-1 I don't wanna say what I only see because then it doesn't look as Guardiola's Bayern at all. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby runaway » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:15 pm

El Loco's and Guardiola's philosophies are similar. Both are tactically demanding managers and his experience under Bielsa can help him understand what Guardiola wants from him.

Martinez as a CB occupies the same space as a traditional DM anyway especially with most of our opponents just sitting in their boxes and Bayern's suicidal high line. If the problem is 'because Javi is better with a defender behind him than the last man...' well he doesn't have to worry much Neuer will be rushing out to help him.

At this point, I'd suggest to anyone who's still nostalgic about Heynckes year and the 4231 to forget about set positions and set roles and established partnerships as long as Guardiola is here. No one is tasked to only one part of the field and just do a specific thing. Guardiola is guiding Bayern to Total Football. No set positions, no set formation, no set starting lineup. Positional play, Juego de posicion , requires rapport and great understanding by every single player on the pitch than a partnership of two players. It's the only way Bayern's asymmetrical and unbalanced formation on the pitch has worked so far this season.

I guess Jazz is not easy to appreciate. ;)

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List