You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

David Alaba

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: David Alaba

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I wud be comfortable with Contento but wud rather have Alaba....

Let's assess the players who played LB for Bayern last season:
Lahm: Offered a lot going forward and rained down some nice, dangerous shots, not the most amazing going back.
Contento: Fairly solid at the back, offered close to zilch for the attack (Ribery).
Alaba: Certainly our best option for left back, had some nice shots at goal last season, quite assured at the back, very comfortable going forward and and overlapping Ribery's runs, even Ribery himself almost had trouble catching up with his formidable runs at times, average at crossing but will improve.
With the absence of Rafinha it looks like Contento it is! I'm not too bothered because despite having hardly anything to do, he was a rock in the CL final and I don't think that's going to be the last we see of him.
Last edited by BayernLove on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby München Minded » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 pm

^From our forum Analyst?

Certainly the problem we have had has been at LB, now made worse as we thought the young Alaba wouldn't be an injury victim. And we made the same excuses about giving Contento his chance. Alaba will miss the rest of pre-season, and have to take time to get his form back. So unless Contento impresses and he doesn't get injured, then Its difficult to believe we will do well with only Lahm at RB and Contento at LB trusting hope they don't get injured either, and that we don't rely on true RB/LB players from the reserves -- otherwise we are forced to go with other players filling in.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:17 pm

It was a mini analysis, don't like me, my analysis or Contento? So be it, just don't make a mockery of it.
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby München Minded » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

BayernLove wrote:It was a mini analysis, don't like me, my analysis or Contento? So be it, just don't make a mockery of it.

I was joking on being the forum analyst. Usually what I say is in jest, and it looks like your joking too so we're on the same page :mrgreen: . I like your analysis and Contento too -- but we relied on him once before and it wasn't always pretty. Especially if everyone on this forum keeps talking about being a world class team with world class transfers, but gladly would have Contento play even if he played OK when he had to in the CL final. And please make a mockery of what I say, there are many who do ;)
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:08 pm

München Minded wrote:
BayernLove wrote:It was a mini analysis, don't like me, my analysis or Contento? So be it, just don't make a mockery of it.

I was joking on being the forum analyst. Usually what I say is in jest, and it looks like your joking too so we're on the same page :mrgreen: . I like your analysis and Contento too -- but we relied on him once before and it wasn't always pretty. Especially if everyone on this forum keeps talking about being a world class team with world class transfers, but gladly would have Contento play even if he played OK when he had to in the CL final. And please make a mockery of what I say, there are many who do ;)

Yeah, there are times you can remember Contento as CL-final-Contento and others Start-of-the-season-Contento and the game vs Nurnemberg.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I wouldn't be a complete game vs Napoli without a key player getting injured now, will it?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby VIKTOR84 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:16 am

This might be ok ???
Contento need to play on LB, Dante and DVB and Boateng as CB so only Lahm as RB.
Martinez need to be here to cover one more spot in the CB position :).
But i only wish the best for Alaba ,hope he come back asap.
VIKTOR84
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 am

Our we could simply let Xherdan Shaqiri play LB

shaqiri himself said that he plays there very well despite hin preferring offensive roles

He actually played there many times with Basel

And Alexander frei once said that Shaqiri can become world class there
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 am

Swiss league vs. Bundesliga.
Yeeeeahhh... No.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:20 am

BayernLove wrote:Swiss league vs. Bundesliga.
Yeeeeahhh... No.

Hmmm why didnt you say the same thing about shaqiri playing LM here..he only played it in Swiss League!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:29 am

Because Shaqiri is an attacker and not a defender. Besides a switch from RW to LW is different than a more from RW to LB!
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 am

I am sure Contento will take his place. If not now, when ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 am

BayernLove wrote:Because Shaqiri is an attacker and not a defender. Besides a switch from RW to LW is different than a more from RW to LB!

Just as a note
Shaqiri plays both LM and RM but played on right with basel because they have LMs such as Valentin Stocker

However it was just an idea but it will mostly be contento which also is a good idea
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:04 am

BayernLove wrote:Because Shaqiri is an attacker and not a defender.

To be honest, everyone except for Van Gaal said the same thing about Alaba.

However, it's an experiment and I don't think we should risk a bad start to the season. If Contento cannot play or is not impressing, my choices would be either move Lahm to the left or play Gustavo there. He's like our defensive Muller, he can play well in any defensive position, just better as a midfielder.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:36 pm

David Alaba will undergo a final test on monday to decide whether he needs Surgery or Not
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List