You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben must be treated like the engine of a Formula 1 car, according to the club’s doctor.

The 31-year-old Dutchman suffered a number of injury problems earlier on in his career, which he says stunted his development during three years with Chelsea between 2004 and 2007, before his fortunes changed after he took up regular sessions with an osteopath while at Real Madrid in 2009.

"Arjen is comparable to a Formula 1 engine," said club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.

"He will be inspected prior to each game and, when he gets the okay – off he goes."

Robben has started 19 of Bayern's 25 league games so far this season and seven of their eight Champions League fixtures.

And Muller-Wohlfahrt went on to say that the biggest thanks that his medical team received arrived in 2012, when Robben cited them among the reasons for him extending his contract with Bundesliga giants.

"When it came to the contract extension, Arjen has said that he would remain in Bavaria for the medical care. He had good deals [to go elsewhere]. This is the biggest and best compliment." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Could we get the skinny on his injury? How long is he out for?

God save Mueller's left peg.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm

tz has another doctor interviewed who says it might take 2 to 3 weeks (until he can resume training, I suppose). It depends on the extent of the rupture (who would have thought). Anyway, there's still hope that he might be back sometime in April.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Doctor Wars!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:58 pm

FCB.de inside says he has to rest for 2 weeks completely now, cant do shit except some doctor stuff..
Ottomeister13

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Is it just me that is worried about or serious lack of strength in depth when it comes to Robbery, most positions we have world class players in reserve, but once either of these get injured, we're pretty much screwed, forcing players like Muller to play out of position etc.I think in the summer we need to sign at least one class winger, so we aren't weakened too much when Ribery/Robben or both of them aren't fit to play.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:20 pm

From what i have seen, we need atleast a striker to compete with Lewa.. a winger as back up/future replacement for Ribs/Robs and someone to handle the RB spot if Rafinha is injured.
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:27 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:Is it just me that is worried about or serious lack of strength in depth when it comes to Robbery, most positions we have world class players in reserve, but once either of these get injured, we're pretty much screwed, forcing players like Muller to play out of position etc.I think in the summer we need to sign at least one class winger, so we aren't weakened too much when Ribery/Robben or both of them aren't fit to play.

TBH there aren't many World Class wingers left ... we have the best two... plus they've been here (or we've been accostoumed to them) since 2009 so it is like seeing Shrek without his donkey.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby akrivos » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Any updates on Robbens injury?
akrivos
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 pm

akrivos wrote:Any updates on Robbens injury?

It's only been a week I won't expect updates for another 2 or 3 weeks at the least
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernSupporter » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 pm

They have been wrong many times on estimating injuries and especially with the case of Robben. He could recover fast or he doesn't. Its a matter of time. Thats what the people with experience tell me. This injury lasts 2-3 weeks average but shouldnt take really long, although it happens but the chance is very slim.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:57 pm

SportBILD says he's expected to be back in 3 weeks.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:26 pm

bastos80 wrote:SportBILD says he's expected to be back in 3 weeks.

That would be brilliant. [-o<
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 pm

That is just bullshit, if that was true, FCB.de would have estimated it atleast, for a paper like sportbild to be accurate on this? No chance..
Ottomeister13

Postby bastos80 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:That is just bullshit, if that was true, FCB.de would have estimated it atleast, for a paper like sportbild to be accurate on this? No chance..

Yeah, because Bayern are always so reliable in delivering predictions...

Depending on the seriousness of his injury, a injury to the abdominal muscles can take a couple of weeks to a couple of months to heal, so where on earth did you get the right to judge it as bullshit ? Bayern didn't give a clear prediction and as far as I know you're not Robbens personal doctor.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List