You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Poor man :( He was having one heck of a run lately. The international break has come on time.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:05 am

RB624 wrote:If Bayern need Robben to get past Porto, then they're not worthy champions. This time off may be a blessing in disguise for him and the team. He could've gotten more seriously injured in the Porto tie or in an upcoming Bundesliga match, or he could've even picked up a red card against Porto. You never know. Better to lose him for Porto than for Juve or Barca.

And if he can be anywhere close to fit for the semi-final and final, then this time off can very well be better than playing, even if he had ripped Porto to shreds single-handedly. Because as well as he's playing, remember how he failed to make a real impression in the 2012 final? This is almost erasing any such possibility for this year. I'm predicting that if he is no longer injured for the semi's, even if he is not even necessarily match-fit, he'll play like a man-possessed for those matches and the final.

He didnt have a real impression? Ball that got deflected on the corss bar, balls to take that penalty in overtime, Always able to play the ball..

Anyway, you have a weird reason to deal with this injury.. Better now then against Juve or Barca.. first of all Porto is way better compared to Juve and then again, its not guaranteed we advance, especially after todays game without, yes here it comes, Robben and maybe Ribs aswell.. You saw it probably how good we were playing in offense today, the ball just didnt want to cross the line.. #-o

Its sad that we are so vastly dependant on Robben, especially KO games.. Without him we are very predictable on the right side and its easier to stop us there. Ribs out, and you have another sure thing that the left side is almost harmless.. This injury just comes at the most bad timing possible.. Only positive is the 2 week international break, thats it.. But imagine he misses like 6 to 8 weeks? Then its like season over.. Even 4 to 6 weeks is already very bad.
Ottomeister13

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:10 am

For me is hard to believe how a simple fall cause him that injury.

I will need to read the medical examination result tomorrow to accept that his injury is for long.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 am

Lol Dude, just slip from a curbstone and you can break your neck ;) He fell on his hip and overstretched his body, hence the muscle tear. You saw him immediatly grabbing his side and not the thigh/hip he fell on.
Ottomeister13

Postby RB624 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:
He didnt have a real impression? Ball that got deflected on the corss bar, balls to take that penalty in overtime, Always able to play the ball...

I thought he and the entire team looked very pedestrian, especially considering the fact that they were playing in Munich. And I would expect no less from a player of Robben's ability and experience than to take that spot kick, and the fact is he took it poorly. Balls is 19 year-old Alaba taking (and burying) the first penalty against RM in the 2012 semi.

Ottomeister13 wrote: Anyway, you have a weird reason to deal with this injury.. Better now then against Juve or Barca.. first of all Porto is way better compared to Juve....

I thought the consensus for the draw was hope for Monaco, then Porto. Anyway, even if not weaker than Juventus, they're certainly weaker than Atletico, Madrid, or PSG. People can scoff at Madrid, but after last season's debacle, that would be very foolish. I mean, who expected Sergio Ramos to score...TWICE? Bayern should be thankful they have Porto now.

Ottomeister13 wrote: Its sad that we are so vastly dependant on Robben, especially KO games......

Yes, and I didn't like the odds of him carrying the team through five more UCL matches. Three is much more reasonable.

Ottomeister13 wrote:But imagine he misses like 6 to 8 weeks? Then its like season over.. Even 4 to 6 weeks is already very bad.

Yes, my theory is contingent on him having recovered for the semi's.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby theundead » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:16 am

This news is worse than the defeat last night :(
dirty team gladbach
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:38 am

an up dates regarding this new injury ? :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am

ramsej84 wrote:an up dates regarding this new injury ? :evil:

Usually the injury updates on the day following the match happen in the late morning to early afternoon.

What I have is a quote from Sammer: "It will not be so short, it'll take a rather long time" [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 am

found this on such injuries I don't know if it applies [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 am

Actually he went to the clinic yesterday evening.

I've learned to understand that no official news yet means bad news.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 am

ramsej84 wrote:

He didn't pull a stomach muscle. He tore his abdominal muscle.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:07 pm

BILD: "Robben will be out until beginning of May. He'll miss CL 1/4 vs Porto & DFB Pokal 1/4 final vs Leverkusen."
So if all goes well we will have robben and martinez back together at the beginning of may!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Damn! That's really a long time.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

He didn't pull a stomach muscle. He tore his abdominal muscle.

By contrast, an injury sustained by Arjen Robben was a much greater cause for concern. “It’s at least as bad as the defeat,” said Rummenigge, on hearing the Dutchman will be sidelined for several weeks with a torn stomach muscle. After hobbling off after 24 minutes of Sunday’s clash, Robben was sorely missed against Borussia’s compact defence, a problem compounded by Franck Ribéry’s absence with an ankle injury. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Not even going to reply to RB642.. Easy way out is not my style..

Anyway, Marwin Hitz, Augsburgs keeper had the same injury a while back, was 2 months out.. That would mean season over..
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List