You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby OhioFan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:53 pm

quaazi wrote:Sometimes I think it'd be better if we just sold him off to some richass club for a humongous fee.

A few thoughts on this not such a bad idea. (1) He is occupying Meuller's preferred position, (2) If Meuller moves to right wing then we can get Kroos more time whcih (3) Frees up more time for Alaba and (4) Massive sale price generating even more funding for super players.
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:29 pm

4 well hit points, and Robben isn't delivering in terms of performances or fitness anyway, and as he gets older, maybe the solution would be to sell.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby VIKTOR84 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm

the board need to pay him what he plays for not for his injuries
VIKTOR84
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm

VIKTOR84 wrote:the board need to pay him what he plays for not for his injuries

Not such a bad idea -- I have thought before if Teams only played their players a basic salary, plus a sum of money at the end of the season based on Form primarily and partly of injury, then we would see better playing by players. Unfortunately you can't blame a player all the time if he gets injured, so only Form would be a key performance check -- then maybe Ribéry would perform like he did his first season. Bayern would probably win all their games, it would be a different world. But reality is, players like Robben collect a massive paycheck no matter how they play or how much they are injured, and also players like Robben get guaranteed starter roles or they flip out.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby MunchenFC » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 am

appudds wrote:
Element wrote:Actually Medicine in Germany is Way Better Than in spain

Oh.. Very happy to hear that..
Hope he changes from "man of glass" to "man of steel!" lol

I dont know if it's our medicine or our Ed O Brien, Dr. Muller-Wolfhart.
=D>
And we need our Robben to be a "man of steel" and return to the line-up and be a consistent offensive threat like he is when his body wants to be.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:54 am

Players like Robben do not get a massive check.You expect Robben to deliver Messi like performances while Ribery gets almost double of what he gets.The 5-6 million odd salary what RObben gets is basically a pittiance,a complete steal for Bayern considering Robben's quality is leagues better than anyone on FC BAYERN.

It's a shame Ribery gave two average injury ridden seasons & got almost double of Robben's salary considering his new deal.Sometimes I think it was wrong for Robben to come to FC Bayern because Bayern fans will never have that respect for Robben,the way they will justify the mediocrity of home grown talents like Thomas Muller.Schweni was horrible the last season but he is German & a homegrown so he doesnt get the flak,Robben is an outsider,a dutch,with a huge ego so lets bury him.

Lets forget the fact that apart from maybe Schweni & Lahm nobody was world class in the 2009-10 season yet Robben gave godly performances to almost single handedly drag an almost mediocre Bayern to the finals,a team which had a defense comprised of Butt,Badstuber,Demichellis & van Buyten.

Ungratefyl fans,now that he is injured,nobody will stay with him.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby OhioFan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Mr.S wrote:Players like Robben do not get a massive check.You expect Robben to deliver Messi like performances while Ribery gets almost double of what he gets.The 5-6 million odd salary what RObben gets is basically a pittiance,a complete steal for Bayern considering Robben's quality is leagues better than anyone on FC BAYERN.

It's a shame Ribery gave two average injury ridden seasons & got almost double of Robben's salary considering his new deal.Sometimes I think it was wrong for Robben to come to FC Bayern because Bayern fans will never have that respect for Robben,the way they will justify the mediocrity of home grown talents like Thomas Muller.Schweni was horrible the last season but he is German & a homegrown so he doesnt get the flak,Robben is an outsider,a dutch,with a huge ego so lets bury him.

Lets forget the fact that apart from maybe Schweni & Lahm nobody was world class in the 2009-10 season yet Robben gave godly performances to almost single handedly drag an almost mediocre Bayern to the finals,a team which had a defense comprised of Butt,Badstuber,Demichellis & van Buyten.

Ungratefyl fans,now that he is injured,nobody will stay with him.

Now, now Arjen, please do not be angry. We are not ungrateful of your wonderful accomplishments here. We just want you on the pitch every week. BTW, I thought players were not allowed on internet forums?
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mr.S » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:44 pm

How many times did Arjen Robben get a major injury & miss a lot of matches while playing for Bayern.The only time he got a major injury was during the World Cup when he played for Holland with a torn hamstring.He played the final with a 5 cm tear which resulted in literally a hole in his leg.As a result he missed a lot of matches. But so did Olic & Ribery & a lot of other guy who had to bear far less.

Come one he missed a Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg with a minor back problem.There has been no sign of any major injury here.He played the opener while he was not a 100% & was covering up for Rafinha's lack of defensive skills. We have a important Champions League qualifying match against Zurich & its better for Robben to be fresh & come back in vintage mode for the game.

If Bayern can beat Wolfsburg without Robben they should not even be in Europa League let alone Champions League.No big team is completely depended on 1 player.Barcelona dont need Messi to beat an opponent who barely did not get relegated & the same goes for Real & Ronaldo.

Do you think Robben does not want to do his everything for Bayern.Robben wants to win the Champions League as much as any player in the world.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Mr.S wrote:How many times did Arjen Robben get a major injury & miss a lot of matches while playing for Bayern.The only time he got a major injury was during the World Cup when he played for Holland with a torn hamstring.He played the final with a 5 cm tear which resulted in literally a hole in his leg.As a result he missed a lot of matches. But so did Olic & Ribery & a lot of other guy who had to bear far less.

Come one he missed a Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg with a minor back problem.There has been no sign of any major injury here.He played the opener while he was not a 100% & was covering up for Rafinha's lack of defensive skills. We have a important Champions League qualifying match against Zurich & its better for Robben to be fresh & come back in vintage mode for the game.

If Bayern can beat Wolfsburg without Robben they should not even be in Europa League let alone Champions League.No big team is completely depended on 1 player.Barcelona dont need Messi to beat an opponent who barely did not get relegated & the same goes for Real & Ronaldo.

Do you think Robben does not want to do his everything for Bayern.Robben wants to win the Champions League as much as any player in the world.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

+1
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Mr.S wrote:How many times did Arjen Robben get a major injury & miss a lot of matches while playing for Bayern.The only time he got a major injury was during the World Cup when he played for Holland with a torn hamstring.He played the final with a 5 cm tear which resulted in literally a hole in his leg.As a result he missed a lot of matches. But so did Olic & Ribery & a lot of other guy who had to bear far less.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

+1

Arjen, I never said you don't or won't give your all and I personally love your play.
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 am

If there is not Garrincha, there is Mr.S ! From Ribery to Robben. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Robben is fit for the match vs Zurich.

Source: http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/sport/fus ... 19849.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Is it me, that robben shouldn't play on Wednesday. I am worried the big injury is around the corner
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm

MaCk0y wrote:If there is not Garrincha, there is Mr.S ! From Ribery to Robben. :lol:

You just brought up something funny from the past :lol:

Anyway, yeah, I don't think Robben should be in the starting lineup. Olic should start in a 4-2-2-2 instead (Ribery and Muller as wingers). We must have Robben on the bench just in case though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 pm

vijay92 wrote:Is it me, that robben shouldn't play on Wednesday. I am worried the big injury is around the corner

I'm even worried for a sorry A** performance from him like on the first game. I guess because it is CL based game then he would probably step up -- but maybe he needs time to gain strength and practice.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List