You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-09-08] Wales vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

The winner of this match will be...

A) Germany
80%
B) Wales
No votes
C) It will end in a draw
20%

Total votes : 10

[2007-09-08] Wales vs Germany

Postby tracylynn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:07 pm

Germany without Ballack for Wales clash

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Germany captain Michael Ballack, still recovering from an ankle injury, was missing from the squad announced Friday for the European Championship qualifying game against Wales.

Coach Joachim Loew also had to drop two other important midfielders, Torsten Frings of Werder Bremen, who is also injured, and Bernd Schneider of Bayer Leverkusen, who is suspended.
But Loew recalled several players who missed the 2-1 win over England earlier this month, including Miroslav Klose, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski, Marcell Jansen and Mario Gomez.

Germany plays Wales in Cardiff on Sept. 8. Four days later Germany plays Romania in a friendly in Cologne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roster:

Goalkeepers: Robert Enke (Hannover 96), Timo Hildebrand (Valencia), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal).

Defenders: Gonzalo Castro (Bayer Leverkusen), Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Manuel Friedrich (Bayer Leverkusen), Marcell Jansen (Bayern Munich), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid), Christian Pander (Schalke), Serdar Tasci (Stuttgart).

Midfielders: Roberto Hilbert (Stuttgart), Thomas Hitzlsperger (Stuttgart), Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV).

Forwards: Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Patrick Helmes (Cologne), Miroslav Klose (Bayern Munich), Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke), Lukas Podolski (Bayern Munic
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:08 am

Anyone knows what's still wrong with Ballack?...
He has been injured..like forever..

About the game, Germany is unstoppable at this time...I can expect at least 3 to 4 goals from Germany.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:25 am

fanOfBayern wrote:Anyone knows what's still wrong with Ballack?...
He has been injured..like forever...

My understanding is that he has not fully recover from that surgery he had earlier in the year. It seems like his injury was worse than what was expected therefore he's still recovering.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:27 am

I think Germany will have a difficult time at the Millennium Stadium considering that in the midfield we are short of options and regular players
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:08 pm

it won't be a thrashing but it won't be a loss either. Omg i'm working, i can't watch. ARGH!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 pm

09-05-2007
Silver-locks Schweinsteiger handed central role

As the most experienced German midfielder on Cardiff's Millennium Stadium pitch this Saturday, baby-faced Bastian Schweinsteiger will lead Germany's attack in their Euro 2008 qualifier against Wales.

With midfielders Michael Ballack and Torsten Frings out injured, plus veteran Bernd Schneider serving a one-match ban, 23-year-old Schweinsteiger has been handed a key-role by head coach Joachim Loew.

Germany lead Group D by five points and are odds-on favourites to reach the finals of next summer's European Championships, but Loew will switch 'Schweini' from his usual role on the left to a more central position.

'Of course, this is all new for me, because I normally play on the left, but it's going to be a challenge and I am looking forward to it,' said Schweinsteiger, who has dyed his hair silver, in Wednesday's press conference.

And as one of Germany's brightest stars, Loew had no reservations about promoting the Bayern Munich man.

'He will play an important central role, in light of the players we have lost,' said Loew.

'He will lead our attack, play a guiding role and control things.'

With 43 caps and 13 goals for Germany, only striker Miroslav Klose (68 caps), defender Arne Friedrich (50) and Jens Lehmann (47) will have more international game time.

'He is one of the most experienced players in our team and I have spoken to him about what I expect,' said Loew.

The German coach is wary of the Welsh, who poached a 1-0 win over Germany in Cardiff the last time the teams met in 2002 when Derby County striker Robert Earnshaw scored on his debut.

The Germans are expected to play a 4-4-2 combination and Loew expects a far tougher time against Wales than his side had in their 2-1 win over England at Wembley last month.

'One can assume Wales will be harder to beat than England,' said Loew.

'They are a team of fighters and are used to struggling against the odds, we are looking forward to a good, hard game.'

Meanwhile, Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann will start in goal for Germany having recovered from an achilles tendon injury and sore elbow.

Image :shock: :shock: :shock:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:42 am

Geez, did he fall into a bucket of bleach?

I think they'll draw.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:01 am

Lahm injury another blow for Germany boss

BERLIN, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Germany defender Philipp Lahm will miss Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Wales in Cardiff after suffering a knee injury in training on Thursday.

The German Football Association (DFB) said the Bayern Munich player was heading straight back home after straining ligaments in his left knee.

Lahm had been due to play either at right back or in midfield against Wales on Saturday.

His absence means a further headache for coach Joachim Loew, who is already without senior midfielders Michael Ballack, Torsten Frings, Bernd Schneider and Tim Borowski.

Lahm will also miss Germany's friendly international against Romania in Cologne on Wednesday, the DFB said in a statement.

Germany lead qualifying Group D with 19 points from seven matches, five points ahead of the Czech Republic in second place. Wales are down in fifth place with seven points from six games.
===
Well, this isn't cool.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Joachim’s Löw (German coach) has appointed Klose as the captain of the team when they face Wales today. Since Ballack is still recovering from an injury and Bernd Schneider has a one suspension match because of yellow cards.
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:24 pm

first half 0-1 Klose

I swear Schweinsteiger looks like Beckam with that hair color.
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Klose scored again!! It is now 2 to 0.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:19 am

Schweinstieger looks ugly..:D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:36 am

Anybody has any idea what does this sign mean that Klose does after scoring?

FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:06 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Schweinstieger looks ugly..:D

LOL!! I was watching the highlights of the game and I swear, IMO, Bastian looked like a Q-Tip with that hair color. Obviously, he was on something when he decided to color his hair that particular color.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 pm

FC Bajern

Next

Return to German National Team