You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-09-08] Wales vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

The winner of this match will be...

A) Germany
80%
B) Wales
No votes
C) It will end in a draw
20%

Total votes : 10

Postby podolski4life » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:55 am

FC Bajern wrote:Anybody has any idea what does this sign mean that Klose does after scoring?

Isn't that the A-OK sign?

It's a derivative from "okay" in the US, but apparently it can mean other things in other countries. "While the gesture is positive in some countries, in certain parts of middle and southern Europe (not in Spain or Portugal) the gesture is considered offensive (as in "you are a zero" or "you are nothing")." Maybe Klose was insulting Wales?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 am

podolski4life wrote:Isn't that the A-OK sign?

It's a derivative from "okay" in the US, but apparently it can mean other things in other countries. "While the gesture is positive in some countries, in certain parts of middle and southern Europe (not in Spain or Portugal) the gesture is considered offensive (as in "you are a zero" or "you are nothing")." Maybe Klose was insulting Wales?

I don't think it's an ok sign, and he is not insulting Wales because he did that after he scored with Hamburg too. You are right that is insulting in some countries. In Albania that means F U :)
When he did that in Hamburg's game I thought it meant the 3 goals he has scored for Bayern in bundesliga, but he did it again on this game.
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:28 am

He's been doing that sign for some time now. I remember him doing it during the WC. Perhaps the three means his wife and twin boys? A lot of players do a sign for their family and that might be his. Who knows?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Should we go to Germany and ask him?? :lol:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to German National Team