You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-26] USA vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 pm

United States will win
8%
It will end in a draw
31%
Germany will win
62%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2014-06-26] USA vs Germany

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 pm

MatZam wrote:Starting eleven vs the US :
Neuer - Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Höwedes - Lahm, Schweinsteiger - Özil, Kroos, Podolski - Müller

Howedes is going to have a busy day with Fabian Johnson running down that wing, maybe that's why Loew went with Podolski there, so he can have counters down the wing when Johnson goes up (something that Gotze does not do)
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby thephfactor » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm

nur4bayern wrote:Being a German-American I was hoping this match would have been an after-thought with the group winner (Germany) already decided and the USA at least having a chance at second spot in the group. Still, I will be cheering for Die Mannschaft and hope they run the score up on the USA. Why, you ask? Well, for one I'm tired of listening to supposed sports analysts here in the USA that don't have a basic understanding of fussball and blabbering on and on about team USA, one minute complaining that Klinsi didn't take Donovan and the next praising him on how they beat Ghana. Then, they made a big f*cking deal about him saying the USA can't win the WC, as if just being American is enough to win any sport. It's arrogance at the highest level. For God's sake, if it wasn't for German-American's like Jones and Johnson, the USA would already be packing their bags and going home. So, to hell with a draw, I want to see Germany crush USA, so I don't have to listen to these sports a**holes anymore and let them go back to talking about boring sports, like baseball.

Our sports media, and media in general, hates soccer. They can't use it to sell products as well as they can other sports, and it hasn't been as thoroughly corrupted as the others have been. The more bigoted of them associate it with "inferior foreigners". Actual real people in America love soccer though, because it's a great game. I live in literally the middle of nowhere, and people TURN UP for US soccer games. The Portugal game I watched in an arena usually reserved for basketball games, and there were a ton of people there. Not too many though, most of them were swarming around nearby roofs and balconies and sidwalks watching the game on the huge wall-mounted screen outside. I hate hate hate how our media treats soccer in general, the MLS, and Klinsi. But I really love watching football with people, and people, even Americans, love football. I won't get to watch this one with anyone as I am at work, but I'll be going for the US to win or do as well as they can.
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dgro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Jorge wrote:
MatZam wrote:Starting eleven vs the US :
Neuer - Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Höwedes - Lahm, Schweinsteiger - Özil, Kroos, Podolski - Müller

Howedes is going to have a busy day with Fabian Johnson running down that wing, maybe that's why Loew went with Podolski there, so he can have counters down the wing when Johnson goes up (something that Gotze does not do)

If USA scores I bet it comes from that flank (or a set play). Johnson is fast, and pretty talented besides that
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Badger » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:22 pm

That was a fairly composed Germany performance, and a comfortable win. The only significant weakness in the team tonight seemed to be Hoewedes, and Loew needs a solution for that or better teams will work on it.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dgro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:30 pm

There weren't many good chances for either side. From a German perspective, I think it's time to give USA's defense some credit for that rather than blaming it on our offense or anyone in particular. We definitely had some sloppy touches in the box in the first half but I suspect that had more to do with the field conditions than anything. I thought everyone played well for the most part. Ozil was somewhat invisible. Boateng and Podolski were playing good balls into the box but USA defended well. Schweinsteiger is a huge improvement over Khedira. Kroos, Lahm, and Muller were solid as always. Howedes shouldn't be playing LB but we already knew that.

Germany have a tough path from here. One of Algeria/Belgium is rough for a Final 16 opponent. Presumably France after that. After that you'd expect any team in the semis and the finals to be rock solid. Tough path! Many other teams certainly have it better, but that's how it shakes out I guess
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Time to give Grosskreutz a chance. Starting Howedes is just a waste of time. #-o
:lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

[2014-06-26] USA vs Germany

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Höwedes is a liability. Grosskreuz should be in his place.

That Müller goal, what a beauty.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Happy with the performance. Germany did not use more energy than needed.

Like most of you I was disappointed with Howedes though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Americans untidy in the final third, but several players played excellently, Jermaine Jones in particular from what I could see. Michael Bradley needs to figure out his touch a bit. He's got the talent but if he can't pick up the form it might be wise to sub him from a game, drop Dempsey deeper and play Wondolowski or Johannsson up front. Whoever that was who claimed that USA outsourced or didn't deserve to advance (I don't understand his point) is just wrong plain and simple on both points. Happy to see Schweini back and Germany controlling the game. Both Germany and USA look good going forward hopefully both my countries go deep and one wins!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Germany somehow played the Bayern style tonight, especially in the second half.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:17 pm

pyrasur wrote:Whoever that was who claimed that USA outsourced or didn't deserve to advance (I don't understand his point) is just wrong plain and simple on both points.

As a naturalized American I feel the same way, that's what the USA is about, people from all over the world here and Americans going around the world as well, so they are going to have some kids spread around.
Germany has more players that some might claim "outsourced" that the USA itself. But that's what Germany is today as well: 1 out 3 kids born in Germany has at least 1 foreign parent.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Jorge wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Whoever that was who claimed that USA outsourced or didn't deserve to advance (I don't understand his point) is just wrong plain and simple on both points.

As a naturalized American I feel the same way, that's what the USA is about, people from all over the world here and Americans going around the world as well, so they are going to have some kids spread around.
Germany has more players that some might claim "outsourced" that the USA itself. But that's what Germany is today as well: 1 out 3 kids born in Germany has at least 1 foreign parent.

What a wonderful world.....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Jorge wrote:

I don't think it was meant that way at all. Instead I think he meant that US today "outsourced" the hard work to Portugal/Ghana so to neutralize each other so none of them advance.

In the same time all US had to do was be careful not to concede lot.

Actually I find it quite funny in that sense.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby KSBesa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 pm

I think Durm should start over Howedes for the next game.
KSBesa
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby michel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 am

Tactical analysis: a 1:0 win in the rain isn’t spectacular. A closer look at the game reveals that Joachim Löw won the coaching battle against Jürgen Klinsmann. Easily.

More: Germany - USA: feeding them table scraps
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team