You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-26] USA vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 pm

United States will win
8%
It will end in a draw
31%
Germany will win
62%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2014-06-26] USA vs Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Enough said.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Droptech » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

MoFattal wrote:I'd like to see this:

I'd like to see it too but its not going to happen. I'm afraid that Lahm is staying at CDM come hell or high water.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby nur4bayern » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:16 pm

After listening to Klinsi in the post Portugal match interviews, it was apparent he is pushing for a win vs Germany so the USA doesn't have to face Belgium. My fear is he knows Low and his tactics all too well and will know how to get his team, especially the German-American's like Jones and Johnson who play in the BL, to exploit any German weaknesses. If Low and Die Mannschaft play for a tie, they'll end up losing, IMHO. They must go for the win, so all of this talk about a draw is BS.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Facing Belgium to me sounds like a godsend compared to facing Algeria who have impressed me considerably more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:Facing Belgium to me sounds like a godsend compared to facing Algeria who have impressed me considerably more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not to mention the following rounds would be easier.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:02 pm

It is a big debate when it comes to drop one out of Gotze and Ozil. Gotze is a better finisher and and has a great nose for goal, Ozil can hardly score but creates more chances. Low prefers Ozil and I'm on the fence just in terms of the NT, because at Bayern I would never trade in Ozil for Gotze.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Ozil is a much better creator than Gotze, and while Gotze is more of a scorer he isn't on the level of his possible replacements, Podolski or Schurrle. Simple as that for me, Ozil is the best at what he does while Gotze is a jack of all trades, master of none. Bench his ass.

However, I think there will come a day when Kroos surpasses Ozil as the team's best creator in the final third. I think he has all the tools, he just doesn't have the right mindset. Pep could get him to that point. That day can't come soon enough for me.

So for now, I'd like Ozil to play centrally as a center forward. Put Muller back on the right wing so he can lead counterattacks out there and otherwise just float around like always. Play Schurrle/Podolski on the left. Suddenly the team isn't so pathetic on the counter like they are with Gotze and Ozil on the wings, and Ozil has more license to pull the strings and not play defense.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Yeah, but Ozil nowadays is nowhere near the Ozil of 2010.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Well you're definitely correct on that account, but I still think he's the best they've got. 2014 Gotze hasn't exactly been an offensive wizard. I don't know what other alternatives there are.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Kalev » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:42 am

I think we are missing a German national team special photos thread :D Löw during today's ragby training.

Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 am

I don't wan't a big win from Germany that would help Penaldo to advance.
Schurrle > Ozil - right now, Ozil can come in as a sub if he isn't too exhausted.

btw Klinsmann singing the American anthem, and 'German' players that don't sing the German anthem, I don't know what to say.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zuki46 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:30 am

MoFattal wrote:I'd like to see this:

Brother we hope till the end that JL will wake up. Till then let's keep our fingers crossed.
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Ruht » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 am

Götze has been great in the last 2 matches if you ask me, he could be performing better but so could most of the players on the pitch. I'd still like to see him as the #10 though, he has been good on the left but I know he would perform much better if he is moved to the middle. For me, so far Götze is playing much better than Özil but we will never see him benched.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:32 am

Ozil and Gotze both had one game each in which they played better than the other.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:05 am

Dgro wrote:Ozil is a much better creator than Gotze, and while Gotze is more of a scorer he isn't on the level of his possible replacements, Podolski or Schurrle. Simple as that for me, Ozil is the best at what he does while Gotze is a jack of all trades, master of none. Bench his ass.

However, I think there will come a day when Kroos surpasses Ozil as the team's best creator in the final third. I think he has all the tools, he just doesn't have the right mindset. Pep could get him to that point. That day can't come soon enough for me.

So for now, I'd like Ozil to play centrally as a center forward. Put Muller back on the right wing so he can lead counterattacks out there and otherwise just float around like always. Play Schurrle/Podolski on the left. Suddenly the team isn't so pathetic on the counter like they are with Gotze and Ozil on the wings, and Ozil has more license to pull the strings and not play defense.

I probably wouldn't have stated one or two things quite as strongly as you have - particularly in relation to Goetze - but I agree with the vast majority of the post, and think it sums up the relative contributions of the players very well.

Goetze is good, but doesn't seem to create enough for others - he's more of a recipient of others' creativity. Oezil still isn't quite at his best form, but he is naturally more creative and can still pull tricks out of the bag that set others up for good chances. I think that it is possible that Loew isn't comfortable with his drop in form, but feels that he still just about deserves the place in the team, and that he has more matchwinner potential than any other player on his day.

From what I've seen recently, I think that Germany need one of Oezil/Goetze and one of Podolski/Schurrle in each game. Playing both Oezil and Goetze loses pace in attack, and playing both Podolski and Schurrle loses creativity. Of course, that is a generalisation, and mixing things up, bringing on the right subs, etc, is vitally important too.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team