You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-06-02] United States vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm

United States will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 6

[2013-06-02] United States vs Germany

Postby MatchBot » Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm

United States vs Germany
United States vs Germany
Competition: International Friendly
Venue: RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C., United States

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2013-06-02] United States vs Germany

Postby Dhuber24 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

I'LL BE AT THE GAME!!!! wearing my Thomas i mean.... Nicolai Mueller jersey :lol: :lol:
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 am

The great Miroslav Klose is only one goal away from reaching Gerd Muller's 68 goal mark for Germany which has stood fro almost 39 years =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:41 am

What a disgusting performance! Plz God heal Badstuber before the WC 2014! If i have to watch Mertersacker play start or even play for the German NT, OH GOD NO!!!!!

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Porto2112 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:44 am

Another huge fail from ter Stegen. Now he has 9 goals conceded in 2 matches played.
Porto2112
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 am

Ter stergen would be the perfect replacement for Valdes! :P

But what i dont understand is how he only plays like superman vs Bayern Munich!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby silberkreuz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 am

Ter Stegen should be made to wait at least 5 years before his next Germany call up.
He couldn't handle it against Switzerland, and he couldn't handle it against the US, two teams he should be prepared to face at the very least if he is given the emergency spot in a World Cup.
His problem isn't his ability- it's his nerves, but that doesn't help us in any way.
We have plenty of other young Goalkeepers that deserve a shot: Leno, Zieler at the very least.
Not to mention there are a couple of veterans who deserve the spot: Weidenfeller and Adler.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Suicide » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 am

What a weird fail from ter Stegen? I thought he was very nervous about result of match and any rumour himself.
Mia San Mia!
Suicide
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Mongolia

Postby Robb3449 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

This is the only match that I won't root for Germany but, if (at least) the US media is gonna act like this is some monumental achievement then the USNT is a lot worse off than I thought. A win in a FRIENDLY against Germany's C or D team is not a big win. They were filleted by Belgium( a very good team) a few days earlier.

Kruse and Draxler look like two future stars in Germany and for the NT. Mertesacker (because of injuries) and Poldi ( cuz Low loves him) have to be on the team but neither look like NT material. Even with Poldi's brace against Equador he looked totally disinterested against the US.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Let see ter Stegen's reasoning and common sense which he lacked.

ter Stegen has a goal kick. No pressure at all. He can kick a long ball with accuracy. The CBs Mertesucker and Howedes are almost at the edge of the box providing a short kick alternative but the USA forwards are a couple of meters away from them, ready to pressure. So, if you pass to one of the CBs the obvious result (100% certainty) is going to be a back pass to the keeper and then kick a long ball with much less precision and accuracy compared to a goal kick. Then he did another fail by trying to control the ball to kick a more precise long ball with his right foot, so why the f*ck didn't he just kick a long ball from the goal kick. Common sense..... #-o

/end rant. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby frankiecam13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:08 pm

god help us if mertazacker goes to brazil
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Postby Dhuber24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:19 pm

It was a very exciting game to be at and i was very happy to see the german players that i could but yeah Poldi and Schuerrle was invisible, Klose suffered from the lack of service, Merte and the rest of the defense were just poor, and dont even get me started on that Ter Stegen's error :lol: :lol: . Draxler, Kruse, and Sam were all game changers imo and i think they'll be called back
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 pm

A couple of things here:
- I don't understand the added value of this tournament. these players will hardly play anytime in the next 10 years in this setup, so instead of trying someone new in the squad, you play a C team for what..
- Mertesacker should never, ever, ever play for the NT. Use the time until 2014 to find someone, he shouldn't even be on the bench, because somehow he manages to get playing time.
- No matter how average our team was, the result should have been avoided, and Low could have shown he is a good coach (exactly with this team), even Kazachstan could have played better. Disaster!
- having the current talented squad (Team A) everyone except Low can win at least two tournaments. Just to refresh your memory Bayern-Juve aka Germany-Italy and bayern - Barcelona aka Germany - Spain (without Messi here) very very different games with almost same squads.
- I really hope for some miracle in he WC 2014, as Low is not the guy.

So what I read from this game is:
average team and average coach = average to poor results
great team and average coach = above average results (the case with Germany all these years)
great team and great coach (JH for example) = world champions and European champions!
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Porto2112 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 am

I don't think Mertesacker is that bad, but at this moment I think that Hummels and Westermann are the best options.
Porto2112
Getting the hang of it

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 am

Boateng is also a very strong candidate after his great performances in 2013. I think he should be put back into the CB pool and not only as a RB option. On current basis, I'd choose a CB pairing of Boateng-Hummels with Lahm and Schmelzer on the flanks.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Next

Return to German National Team