You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-11] Ukraine vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Result?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Ukraine Win
No votes
Draw
50%
Germany Win
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2011-11-11] Ukraine vs Germany

Postby walter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Dear Mr. Loew,
Please stop experimenting. There's no need to fix what's not broken.
Sincerely,
Walter
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

MUTU wrote:It's funny to see a Klose fan complaining about another player playing better for his NT :P

I'm not complaining, just noticing...

MUTU wrote:Having said that, can anyone name a player who plays worse for his national team than he does for FC Bayern?

You know the answer to this...:P

Ribery!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 pm

I didn't see what happened in Ukraine (too busy looking at the farce produced by Viktor Kassai in Tallinn), but I wouldn't begrudge Löw for experimenting and not getting a convincing victory. He tried stuff out, made his conclusions, and from what I can gather, came back from a two-goal deficit. What else should he be doing in the precious few friendlies? I'm sure he'll try a stronger line-up against Netherlands.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 am

quaazi wrote:I didn't see what happened in Ukraine (too busy looking at the farce produced by Viktor Kassai in Tallinn), but I wouldn't begrudge Löw for experimenting and not getting a convincing victory. He tried stuff out, made his conclusions, and from what I can gather, came back from a two-goal deficit. What else should he be doing in the precious few friendlies? I'm sure he'll try a stronger line-up against Netherlands.

He should be refining, not experimenting. You didn't see what happened? well, let me tell you, we looked like Bayern under Klinsmann, with 3 CBs that also tried to attack, so our defense was exposed like tities in mardi grass. He should be trying out new players and refining what already works, but not silly experimenting the way he's done the last few games since we keep receiving goals too easily.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:54 am

Well we can see that our attack works even without Klose, Schweini, and Muller (for most of the game). Our defense is a bit worrying though. We've been conceding lots of goals even when Lahm and Neuer were there...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:59 am

AvatarX wrote:Our defense is a disaster, especially the CB pair (Hummels - Badstuber). CDM are not helping them though. I guess this is the side effect of playing 4-1-4-1, not 4-2-3-1.

it was more a 3-6-1

no need to mess up the entire formation

we have the 4-2-3-1 formation which every other NT knows that Germany plays it with perfection
and we have its derivative the 4-1-4-1 when we want to play the entire match in the opponents half

and if loew wants to use new players , he should use them in those formation so that they get used to it

PERIOD
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:01 am

Thing is many BL teams play the 4-2-3-1 nowadays so most are used to it already. I think this is why he wants to get them used to playing different systems.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Element wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Our defense is a disaster, especially the CB pair (Hummels - Badstuber). CDM are not helping them though. I guess this is the side effect of playing 4-1-4-1, not 4-2-3-1.

it was more a 3-6-1

no need to mess up the entire formation

we have the 4-2-3-1 formation which every other NT knows that Germany plays it with perfection
and we have its derivative the 4-1-4-1 when we want to play the entire match in the opponents half

and if loew wants to use new players , he should use them in those formation so that they get used to it

PERIOD

That's exactly my point; and let's not forget that our core players of the national team also play in 4-2-3-1 systems at Bayern and Real.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby quaazi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Okay I wanted to argue with you guys about the benefits of experimenting but I watched the first goal where Germany was outnumbered 4 to 3 on the counter and one of the defenders was Götze with Hummels desperately trying to make it back...

What a disaster.

EDIT: Apparently both Götze and Özil were among the three to be tasked with defending on that counter. What the hell? :D

And the second goal came from Hummels (!) losing the ball in the opposition penalty area. #-o
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Just saw the game. Best game for Kroos ever. Sick assits, 90% passing accuracy (imo), good tackling, the works. All that plus an awesome goal. Boateng was standing in line for MOTM too. He keeps getting awesome performances as a full back. Problem is that means Hummels or any of the usuals suspects to sub him.

That Konoplyanka dude was faster than a bat out of hell. Why hasn't this guy been scouted yet? Those Ukrainians on the left flank where tearing Germany's defense in shreds. This was no ordinary opponent by any stretch.

Mueller's goal just made me realize if we have been playing the guy on the wrong flank all along.

Awesome game. Träsch and Aogo were the low points on the German side while you have to realize Podolski is only good on the wing WITH a slow full back covering his intentions.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to German National Team