You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-11] San Marino vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 pm

San Marino will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2016-11-11] San Marino vs Germany

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I think that both parties have a point in this.

I don't know. I think I'm stretching the issue here but there certainly was a time when football was so poor in Germany football players had to sustain themselves through regular day jobs. Hell, legend Uwe Seeler lest we forget used to sell tools on the mornings, put on his boots by the afternoon. I wonder what would have happened if someone like Arsenal had come at their peak and made a comment such as this on their nascent years.

If you don't allow smaller and younger footballing countries to develop you will never see Ecuador thriumph or San Marino hold the record for the second fastest goal in FIFA qualifiers. Against the founders of football too. The s@ckers.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 pm

tflags wrote:If you don't allow smaller and younger footballing countries to develop you will never see Ecuador thriumph or San Marino hold the record for the second fastest goal in FIFA qualifiers. Against the founders of football too. The s@ckers.

How do you allow them to develop when you're pitting them in impossible matches? I support Malta (obviously!) and I have never seen a competitive match in which Malta were favourites or at least had a good chance of winning. Why? Because the way the qualifiers are set up never give Malta the chance to play against an equally-weak nation.

If there was an extra qualifying group featuring the bottom ranked nations in Europe (Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Malta etc), then I would be able to go to the stadium in confidence with actual hope of a good result. Instead, the way things are, I end up going to the stadium wondering by how many goals my nation will lose. So, just so that 11 grown men can brag to their grandchildren about how they once played football against the world champions, you ruin it for the thousands of spectators in the stadium and at home who would end up once again getting disappointed by the lack of a major miracle. Football should be about fun, not about being submissive.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Muller: I didn't disrespect San Marino [source]

Muller posted on Facebook: "My statement in the interview after Friday's game concerned a question of the sporting value of a game against San Marino put against the risk of injury.

"This has been taken out of context by some media, and now people have the wrong impression, influenced by a humorous social media post by a former official at the San Marino Football Association.

"I would like to clarify here that I gave my answer respectfully to show both sides of the subject."

"I can assure my fans I will not shy away from expressing my opinions in the future, even with difficult and unpleasant topics."

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Rummenigge suggests World Cup pre-qualifying for some smaller nations [source]
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Muller: I didn't disrespect San Marino [source]

Muller posted on Facebook: "My statement in the interview after Friday's game concerned a question of the sporting value of a game against San Marino put against the risk of injury.

"This has been taken out of context by some media, and now people have the wrong impression, influenced by a humorous social media post by a former official at the San Marino Football Association.

"I would like to clarify here that I gave my answer respectfully to show both sides of the subject."

"I can assure my fans I will not shy away from expressing my opinions in the future, even with difficult and unpleasant topics."

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Rummenigge suggests World Cup pre-qualifying for some smaller nations [source]

Jeez KHR read my posts

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:54 pm

MUTU wrote:If there was an extra qualifying group featuring the bottom ranked nations in Europe (Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Malta etc), then I would be able to go to the stadium in confidence with actual hope of a good result. Instead, the way things are, I end up going to the stadium wondering by how many goals my nation will lose. So, just so that 11 grown men can brag to their grandchildren about how they once played football against the world champions, you ruin it for the thousands of spectators in the stadium and at home who would end up once again getting disappointed by the lack of a major miracle. Football should be about fun, not about being submissive.

But you will always have the chance won't you? To play against the big guns. And that's key. With your argument you are knocking the worst possible door here. Soccernomics (and FIFA circa 2006) called Ecuador the best performing surprise package at the time in world football on a per capita basys. Ecuador lives on football.

But I wasn't like that.

I still remember the first time Ecuador won a match on WC qualifiers. It was a national sensation. Ecuador was the bullied team in the worls most dreadful confederation. Years later we were #10 an kicking Ronaldo's ass on his backyard (Portugal 1 - Ecuador 3 catapulted Ecuador to its higest ranking some three years ago.)

We would NEVER HAVE GOTTEN THERE were it not for the 'elbow rubbing' (local press called it like that) with your Romarios and your Ronaldos (the other one.) The day Ecuador beat Brazil, at home, 0-2 was the day Ecuador matured into a respected NT and had Germany scared shit on their own WC 2006.

We would have never gotten there if we played Venezuela week in and week out. We played against Maradona, Zamorano, Ronaldinho and who know what else and we matured.

So it doesn't matter what situation you find yourself in; brining up footballing excuses to an Ecuadorean is banging at the wrong tree my friend.

(Just before you check we sit third above Messi and Vidal; so welcome to the revolution bitches!)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:26 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:If there was an extra qualifying group featuring the bottom ranked nations in Europe (Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Malta etc), then I would be able to go to the stadium in confidence with actual hope of a good result. Instead, the way things are, I end up going to the stadium wondering by how many goals my nation will lose. So, just so that 11 grown men can brag to their grandchildren about how they once played football against the world champions, you ruin it for the thousands of spectators in the stadium and at home who would end up once again getting disappointed by the lack of a major miracle. Football should be about fun, not about being submissive.

But you will always have the chance won't you? To play against the big guns. And that's key. With your argument you are knocking the worst possible door here. Soccernomics (and FIFA circa 2006) called Ecuador the best performing surprise package at the time in world football on a per capita basys. Ecuador lives on football.

But I wasn't like that.

I still remember the first time Ecuador won a match on WC qualifiers. It was a national sensation. Ecuador was the bullied team in the worls most dreadful confederation. Years later we were #10 an kicking Ronaldo's ass on his backyard (Portugal 1 - Ecuador 3 catapulted Ecuador to its higest ranking some three years ago.)

We would NEVER HAVE GOTTEN THERE were it not for the 'elbow rubbing' (local press called it like that) with your Romarios and your Ronaldos (the other one.) The day Ecuador beat Brazil, at home, 0-2 was the day Ecuador matured into a respected NT and had Germany scared shit on their own WC 2006.

We would have never gotten there if we played Venezuela week in and week out. We played against Maradona, Zamorano, Ronaldinho and who know what else and we matured.

So it doesn't matter what situation you find yourself in; brining up footballing excuses to an Ecuadorean is banging at the wrong tree my friend.

(Just before you check we sit third above Messi and Vidal; so welcome to the revolution bitches!)

Are you seriously comparing a country of 16 million to one of 33,000? There are almost 500x more inhabitants in Ecuador, plus one could argue that it is more difficult to qualify from UEFA.

San Marino have absolutely no chance of ever qualifying, but a preliminary round for weak teams might see them get the occasional win and the country would have something to cheer about rather than get bullied in each and every match.

Again, don't compare Ecuador to the minnows. You really can't.

All I am saying is we need the extra round, just like Rummenigge is suggesting, so that teams that generally have <1% chance of winning would actually start winning. Against other minnows, of course, but it would boost confidence of players and fans alike and garner more interest.

Personally I have watched Malta play countless times at the stadium. I have seen a total of 0 wins for Malta and 1 draw. The rest have all been losses. Lately I have stopped going, because what fun is there in going to watch your team almost definitely losing?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:30 pm

San Marino sucks at football. In other news, the sky is blue.
Oh no, I hurt some feelings. :P

Oh come on, why are they even a state... I have more land than San Marino. I want my own independent state. I will call up my cousins and friends when we have to play against Germany...
Last edited by JANCKER on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm

MUTU wrote:Are you seriously comparing a country of 16 million to one of 33,000? There are almost 500x more inhabitants in Ecuador, plus one could argue that it is more difficult to qualify from UEFA.

Iceland, 323k
England, 53M

England x170 more inhabitants. Where there's a will there's a chance. :P

(Ok, honest to God I didn't check their stats. There's more people in Real Madrid's payrol than an entire country so f*ck it. The hell with San Marino. Which brings the point maybe Real Madrid should request being a FIFA country again.)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:05 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Are you seriously comparing a country of 16 million to one of 33,000? There are almost 500x more inhabitants in Ecuador, plus one could argue that it is more difficult to qualify from UEFA.

Iceland, 323k
England, 53M

England x170 more inhabitants. Where there's a will there's a chance. :P

Iceland have over 90 professional players playing outside of their own country. I bet that's more than England have. Also, why are you looking at the one exceptional fairy-tale success story rather than the extreme norm? Iceland had a high(ish) FIFA ranking before the qualifying of EURO 2016 and would have thus probably not been considered weak enough to enter the extra qualifying round, but for the sake of the argument let's say they did. Do you honestly think that they would have failed in a qualifying round featuring minnows such as San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta and the like? In all likelihood, they'd have breezed through, qualified through the now-stronger second qualifying stage, play in the EURO 2016 and still eliminate England. And it wouldn't have been less of a fairy tale; in fact I'd say it'd have been a bigger one.

Stop looking at it as a way to make it impossible for small teams to beat the giants. Rather, you're providing a platform for teams to build a winning formula and probably have an even bigger chance of beating the giants then, because really and truly all these minnows are doing in every single match is fire-fighting.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:38 pm

tflags wrote:

But I wasn't like that.

Come on man... Ecuador is a 16m people country, Argentina 41, Colombia 47, Chile 18. Ok, your country is smaller than it's competition, but not in the magnitude of San Marino (31k) or even Malta (400k) vs Germany (80m).

There are no San Marino's down in SA (well, I don't known if the Guyana's have NTs). Even Venezuela, which you fairly point out as a sucky NT, has managed to reach the SF in Libertadores. It is a more level playground than Europe.

Comparing Ecuador to Brazil is more akin to comparing Portugal and Germany.

EDIT: Oppsss... Hadn't seen Mutu's reply, which basically says the same thing I wrote.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:11 pm

San Marino drops a nuclear bomb on America, America does not fight back, so the first, the second and third time. Then the President of San Marino calls the President of America and asks him why does he not fight back. The US President:
- You'll get yours when we find you on the map!

That joke is used about my country which is big compared to San Marino... :P
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 pm

tflags wrote:(Ok, honest to God I didn't check their stats. There's more people in Real Madrid's payrol than an entire country so f*ck it. The hell with San Marino. Which brings the point maybe Real Madrid should request being a FIFA country again.)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to German National Team