You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-11] San Marino vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 pm

San Marino will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2016-11-11] San Marino vs Germany

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:44 am

MUTU wrote:I'm from a small nation and I wouldn't have found it insulting if he said the same thing about Malta. I agree wholeheartedly with Thomas Mueller, it IS a waste of time. I'm not saying these small nations shouldn't participate, but rather that there would be extra qualifying round/groups to filter out the weakest. It's what happens with club football. You don't see a football club from San Marino playing in the Champions League group stage, and you'd probably think it'd be a waste of time for Bayern to play them. They still have a way open though: if they get through the qualifying rounds, they get to play against the big boys.

Yeah I agree on that but it's another topic, we're chatting about insulting and innapropriate behavior right? Muller crossed that line and it doesn't matter if anyone thinks he is right or not it's about respect and being polite. That's all.

Frankly, I don't even bother to watch a game of San Marino,Luxembourg or Malta (no offense just cuz you mentioned) that's a waste of time but I wouldn't go out there and insulting like it's there fault, that's disrepectful and unfortunately for Muller looked very bad.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Achilles wrote:
MUTU wrote:I'm from a small nation and I wouldn't have found it insulting if he said the same thing about Malta. I agree wholeheartedly with Thomas Mueller, it IS a waste of time. I'm not saying these small nations shouldn't participate, but rather that there would be extra qualifying round/groups to filter out the weakest. It's what happens with club football. You don't see a football club from San Marino playing in the Champions League group stage, and you'd probably think it'd be a waste of time for Bayern to play them. They still have a way open though: if they get through the qualifying rounds, they get to play against the big boys.

Yeah I agree on that but it's another topic, we're chatting about insulting and innapropriate behavior right? Muller crossed that line and it doesn't matter if anyone thinks he is right or not it's about respect and being polite. That's all.

Frankly, I don't even bother to watch a game of San Marino,Luxembourg or Malta (no offense just cuz you mentioned) that's a waste of time but I wouldn't go out there and insulting like it's there fault, that's disrepectful and unfortunately for Muller looked very bad.

How was it disrespectful though? It's not like he said "San Marino sucks". I mean how could he have worded it more diplomatically? It was Rummenigge who was more insulting IMO.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:20 pm

harry-muc wrote:this matches suck and everyone knows that. nearly all fans i know dont care for them and the friendlies as well. they are just disrupting the "real" Football. müller is a professional, because he played, but he is also a human being with his own opinion and he has no fear saying it (thats a reason i like him, because he is one of the few Players who openly speaks).
if i want to Play against Bayern, i have to do more than just be in a Amateur Club, i have to qualify, i have to accomplish something. san marino and its Players didnt accomplish anything....except being a Country.

well said. I come from a tiny island (not as tiny as san Marino) but I agree with T.M.
Uefa and Fifa should safeguard the well being of the players by making them play less especially in meaningless games.
I don't know if you know but by 2018 European National teams will be playing in another tournament. So more games on the horizon :evil:
I shall say it again, during qualifiers the lesser teams should play against each other and only the top two advance for the later stages.
This will reduce at least four games (against two NT) for the big guns.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Achilles wrote:

we beat you once :twisted:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm sure Muller would have said the same thing if Germany played against Iceland in 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Rummenigge is demanding that small NTs have their qualifiers on their own. small NT vs small NT...
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Maradona did the same to him in 2010! oops so one day S.Marino will beat Ger :coffee:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Germany head coach Joachim Low has defended Thomas Muller after he was criticised by the San Marino Football Association.

Muller said playing minnows such as the microstate was pointless, leading San Marino to accuse him of arrogance and mock him for not being able to score against teams "as poor as ours."

He added: "I don't understand the point of such uneven games like these, even more so because of the crowded fixture list.

"I understand that for them it is special to play against the world...
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:20 pm

The funny thing is that San Marino was a fascist state during WWII and supported Mussolini until the very end, so before making such dubious allusions, it was necessary for this gentleman to study his country's history a little more.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 pm

ottackon wrote:The funny thing is that San Marino was a fascist state during WWII and supported Mussolini until the very end, so before making such dubious allusions, it was necessary for this gentleman to study his country's history a little more.

I was going to say the same. Even Italy did the same ... then they turned their back to their allies when things starting to shift...
They actually were going to stay neutral like Spain but seeing the success Germany was doing joined the bandwagon !
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:21 am

Mueller insists that people misunderstood him and suggests to read his interview again. He's like Trump. :P

Can't see tweet? Click here!

That butthurt San Marino official couldn't wait for the opportunity to associate Germans with nazis.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:14 am

Probably the only reason he commented was because Mueller didn't score.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:43 am

harry-muc wrote:san marino and its Players didnt accomplish anything....except being a Country.

Tell me Harry, do you do more than one thing with your life? What would it take for you to consider something an accomplishment? How about work your 9-5 during the day and train by night just so you can go and put up these horrific performances just to save your country's football spirit? Would that be a lesser patriotic act on the case of those players?

Tell me Harry, is that too little for you? Or has Germany lost the sense of humility set as an example in Bahia? Muller should shut the f*ck up. But I get it, kid is on the spot and it can get to you so there's no harm done. I hope he ditches up back from the hole he's in at the moment. But I hope he does the talk on the pitch like he has championed so far.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:07 pm

tflags wrote:
harry-muc wrote:san marino and its Players didnt accomplish anything....except being a Country.

Tell me Harry, do you do more than one thing with your life? What would it take for you to consider something an accomplishment? How about work your 9-5 during the day and train by night just so you can go and put up these horrific performances just to save your country's football spirit? Would that be a lesser patriotic act on the case of those players?

Tell me Harry, is that too little for you? Or has Germany lost the sense of humility set as an example in Bahia? Muller should shut the f*ck up. But I get it, kid is on the spot and it can get to you so there's no harm done. I hope he ditches up back from the hole he's in at the moment. But I hope he does the talk on the pitch like he has championed so far.

Mueller is a player who is obsessed with football. All he talks about is tactics and goals and football-related stuff. He has dedicated his life almost-entirely to football. Not a single San Marino player can say the same thing about himself. In Germany, there are tens of thousands of players who can play at the same level as San Marino players. But because they are unlucky enough to have been born in Germany instead of San Marino, their half-assed attempt at playing football is not awarded with international matches against teams like Spain and Italy.

Sure, it's more difficult to become a professional player if you're born in San Marino (basically you need to leave the country), but at the same time it's much easier for your hobby to allow you to play against top nations.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I think that both parties have a point in this.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team