You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-12] Republic of Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Republic of Ireland will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 15

[2012-10-12] Republic of Ireland vs Germany

Postby MatchBot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Republic of Ireland vs Germany

Republic of Ireland vs Germany
Competition: World Cup 2014 Qualifying
Venue: Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Germany will travel to the Republic of Ireland for a World Cup qualifying match.

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2012-10-12] Republic of Ireland vs Germany

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuY2pp4ZgkM

legendary

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPAJomPCdZs

I´m already loking forward to the meetings of him with the german press ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Looks like he's addressing a rebel army. Couldn't get his words but surely got his passion.

"'Be careful the cat. No say the cat in the sac when the cat is not in the sac" :lol: That's something new I've heard.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm

pVnAdEpT wrote:

Looks like he's addressing a rebel army. Couldn't get his words but surely got his passion.

"'Be careful the cat. No say the cat in the sac when the cat is not in the sac" :lol: That's something new I've heard.

Luckyly i found one with a translation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1sprC3-nmM

but there are many things witch nobody understood even in German (because he spoke´s a really funny german as a Italian)...
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 pm

The translation is pretty well done, but obviously the whole epicness of this speech only unfolds when you're a native speaker. :lol: :lol:

Dude's a f*cking legend, and while this press conference will always be laughed at in Germany (and rightfully so) you have to give credit where credit is due. Speaking a language as badly as he did at that time and still daring to burst out like that in front of the press, I don't think a lot of people would have these kinds of cojones.

Speaking of cojones:

Here's an excerpt of an interview with Dietmar Hamann that was recently done with German 11Freunde Magazine:

(Luckily I didn't even have to translate it because The Guardian was kind enough to do so - who knows though, maybe it's the other way round)

Yeah, and it's always down to him not speaking the language very well. He would say some very powerful things if he could speak the language better, but nevertheless he was still an inspiration. I remember at Bayern when we'd lost a home game and we were in training and he was trying to tell us that we can't just go into the stadium and tell the fans we are sorry for it. We have to show balls. But he was looking for the word for cojones in German and couldn't think of it. So one of our south American players told him the word for fanny instead, mushi in German. So he was telling us "Yes, yes, we've got to go out there and show the fans that we have a fanny." And he kept saying it over and over again. We were trying not to laugh because it was a serious situation. We'd just lost a game two days before and he was angry. But eventually we burst out laughing and thankfully he joined in with us when he realised what he'd been saying.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby mahoni » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Commodore wrote:The translation is pretty well done, but obviously the whole epicness of this speech only unfolds when you're a native speaker. :lol: :lol:

Dude's a f*cking legend, and while this press conference will always be laughed at in Germany (and rightfully so) you have to give credit where credit is due. Speaking a language as badly as he did at that time and still daring to burst out like that in front of the press, I don't think a lot of people would have these kinds of cojones.

Speaking of cojones:

Here's an excerpt of an interview with Dietmar Hamann that was recently done with German 11Freunde Magazine:

(Luckily I didn't even have to translate it because The Guardian was kind enough to do so - who knows though, maybe it's the other way round)

Yeah, and it's always down to him not speaking the language very well. He would say some very powerful things if he could speak the language better, but nevertheless he was still an inspiration. I remember at Bayern when we'd lost a home game and we were in training and he was trying to tell us that we can't just go into the stadium and tell the fans we are sorry for it. We have to show balls. But he was looking for the word for cojones in German and couldn't think of it. So one of our south American players told him the word for fanny instead, mushi in German. So he was telling us "Yes, yes, we've got to go out there and show the fans that we have a fanny." And he kept saying it over and over again. We were trying not to laugh because it was a serious situation. We'd just lost a game two days before and he was angry. But eventually we burst out laughing and thankfully he joined in with us when he realised what he'd been saying.

I´ve never heard this before ... it´s great

and he is a real gentlemen to - probably one of the last in football today
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AdepT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Commodore wrote:

:lol: LMAO
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 pm

LOL @ Strunz :lol:

Good thing he wasn't around to experience Robben's injury woes :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 pm

The nominations for this match:

Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München)
Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)
Holger Badstuber (FC Bayern München)
Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern München)
Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke 04)
Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund)
Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München)
Per Mertesacker (FC Arsenal)
Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund)
Lars Bender (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund)
Sami Khedira (Real Madrid)
Toni Kroos (FC Bayern München)
Thomas Müller (FC Bayern München)
Mesut Özil (Real Madrid)
Lukas Podolski (FC Arsenal)
Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)
André Schürrle (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München)
Miroslav Klose (Lazio Rom)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm

I would like to see this team in this game:

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm

I hope some of our players get a rest. It's not like Republic of Ireland are some footballing giants either...
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

mahoni wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuY2pp4ZgkM

legendary

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPAJomPCdZs

I´m already loking forward to the meetings of him with the german press ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hipster Trapattoni: Being awesome before the dinosaurs existed.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I would like to see this team in this game:

I think Podolski will be the one starting as the striker because of his recent good form for Arsenal. I agree with the back line and central midfield. I know Schmelzer was pretty bad in the previous 2 games, but it's better to give him another try-out. The attacking midfield is where Low will be having a big headache. Maybe he'll try one trio for the first game, and another trio for the second. All of Kroos, Muller, Ozil, Goetze, Reus, and Schurrle are great players, but judging by the current form, I'll go with the following:

MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Is Podolski playing as a striker for Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is that he's been playing exclusively as a LM/LW for the German national side for quite a while now, and I'm not sure I've even seen him playing as a lone striker.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Well, he started off the season as the lone striker, but then he got drifted back to LW, and then to striker, and then to LW, etc. Wenger has been interchanging him in that position with Gervihno lately. Of course, that is when Giroud is not starting (which is pretty often). In the on-going game, he is LW with Giroud as the striker.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Next

Return to German National Team