You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-06-19] Portugal vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:31 am

Portugal will go through to the semi-finals
33%
Germany will meet Croatia in the semi-finals
33%
Germany will meet Turkey in the semi-finals
33%

Total votes : 9

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:01 pm

According to Bild, Loew had a tactics meeting and decided to move away from 4-4-2 and was testing out 4-2-3-1. Both Podolski and Frings trained today.

The formation that Bild are predicting is this:

..........................Lehmann...................
Friedrich....Mertesacker...Metzelder...Lahm
...............Frings................Hitzlsperger....
..........................Ballack........................
Schweinsteiger...........................Podolski
.........................Klose...........................
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby medin69 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Maybe Rolfes will play on the spot of Frings.
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Unfortunately that what I though would happen. After obtaining the 2-0 lead, Germany went into defense mode and that is the worst thing you could do. Because they will keep attacking and Germany keep defending and that is a great risk of conceding a goal. That's what happened. They need to keep attacking and keep possession of the ball. Apart from that very good team work and great motivation by Schweinsteiger.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:01 pm

That was fu**in' close. The Germany of the first half is the best. The reason they played well was because they were more dynamic, searching for space in the midfield and playing one-twos which in the other games was certainly not the case. So that's a very good sign. But I am also angry at the way Germany defend. They let the opposition too much space to shoot and fortunately the accuracy was not on the Portugese side. They need to pressure the man on the ball and close him down immediately. Rolfes really deputised well for Frings in my opinion. Schweinsteiger and Podolski were essential. They both showed their potential and talent. By the way congrats to MunchenFC for guessing Schweinsteiger to score. :P

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: DEUTSCHLAND :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Wooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe the Germany I saw before me! Germany must be the favourites now! :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:57 pm

schweinsteiger diminated AND I CALLED IT! YAH NO ONE BELIEVES AND SAY ITS JUST RUBBISH BUT 1 GOAL AND 2 ASISSTS! YAH U TELL ME WHI IS A FLOP!!!!!!!!
BURNED!!!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to German National Team