You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Northern Ireland will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

[2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Postby MatchBot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Northern Ireland vs Germany
Northern Ireland vs Germany
Competition: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying
Venue: National Football Stadium at Windsor Park, Belfast

Previous encounters:
  • [2016-10-11] Germany 2 - 0 Northern Ireland (2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying)
  • [2016-06-21] Northern Ireland 0 - 1 Germany (UEFA EURO 2016) — neutral venue
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:19 am

Very Important game this. These guys are gonna park the bus and play only on the counter and look to score from set pieces. Expect a typical mid table Premier League team type performance.

A real test for Die Mannschaft in how to break down a ten man defense. The crowd will be hostile too, so it's going to be quite a test!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 pm

I would have started Gomez against those West Brom North Irish thugs because his size and strength would’ve been useful against a parked bus of 10 men. Unfortunately Gomez is out injured.

I’m worried Timo can get outmuscled at Belfast and I don’t think he will have too much space to run into behind the opponent’s packed defense. Those two factors will neutralise Timo’s Influence as striker.

IMO, Sandro Wagner should get a recall because Berlin’s Selke is also injured.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Anyone who knows their history will know that the northern Irish are good friends with the English*. I wonder if a few certain chants will be in the air about a certain period of 20th century history.

*The ones attending this game will be anyway. The ones that aren't don't believe in the concept of "Northern Ireland" and pledge their allegiance to proper Ireland, so won't be attending this game.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Let em sing... There's like 50 countries celebrating their independence from Britain every year...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

What do you have against these people?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Me?
Or are you talking to America USA?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Lukas wrote:Anyone who knows their history will know that the northern Irish are good friends with the English*. I wonder if a few certain chants will be in the air about a certain period of 20th century history.

*The ones attending this game will be anyway. The ones that aren't don't believe in the concept of "Northern Ireland" and pledge their allegiance to proper Ireland, so won't be attending this game.
N.Ireland is just an annexation to England...
So yes Germany will be playing England's C team here...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:58 pm

pyrasur wrote:What do you have against these people?

Where should I start?
Firstly these people are NOT Irish they are subjects of the Queen. No true Irishman would ever sing God save the Queen. I maybe of German descent but I’ve Uncles/Aunts who are Irish and they do not view the “state” of Northern Ireland in a very positive light (and I’m being extremely polite when I say that). The gerrymandered country is considered to be nothing but an English puppet state.

As Lukas also said, most people who genuinely identify as Irish do not believe in this gerrymandered state and want not part of the Kingdom. The Republic is the real Irish state.

If that wasn’t enough their park the bus, hoof the ball and kick out the opponents tactics make it almost impossible to not hate them. They are the NT version of Tony Pulis WBA. That in itself makes them all the more Unlikable! Just last week a WBA player tried to break Gundogan with a disgusting tackle from the back. I expect the same ugly stuff from these “Irish” players.

Also, Let those fake Irishmen sing about the Second World War. That’s all the banter the fans from the UK can come up with I guess. Maybe it’ll motive der boys to pulverize the scum!

ramsej84 wrote:N.Ireland is just an annexation to England...

Exactly!

P.S. on a side note a big issue I got with the English (not you specifically Lukas but your system) is how they look at their history compared to other nations. As far as I know Germans are taught NOT to romanticize their 20th century history. Americans (at least where I come from) are taught that Slavery/Jim crow era are a bad part of USA’s past. The English Schools on the other hand teach their young how great the empire was and how it “civilized the uncivilized world,” and all the horrific atrocities committed by the empire are simply brushed under the rug.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:03 pm

America USA wrote:
pyrasur wrote:What do you have against these people?

Where should I start?
Firstly these people are NOT Irish they are subjects of the Queen. No true Irishman would ever sing God save the Queen. I maybe of German descent but I’ve Uncles/Aunts who are Irish and they do not view the “state” of Northern Ireland in a very positive light (and I’m being extremely polite when I say that). The gerrymandered country is considered to be nothing but an English puppet state.

As Lukas also said, most people who genuinely identify as Irish do not believe in this gerrymandered state and want not part of the Kingdom. The Republic is the real Irish state.

If that wasn’t enough their park the bus, hoof the ball and kick out the opponents tactics make it almost impossible to not hate them. They are the NT version of Tony Pulis WBA. That in itself makes them all the more Unlikable! Just last week a WBA player tried to break Gundogan with a disgusting tackle from the back. I expect the same ugly stuff from these “Irish” players.

Also, Let those fake Irishmen sing about the Second World War. That’s all the banter the fans from the UK can come up with I guess. Maybe it’ll motive der boys to pulverize the scum!

ramsej84 wrote:N.Ireland is just an annexation to England...

Exactly!

P.S. on a side note a big issue I got with the English (not you specifically Lukas but your system) is how they look at their history compared to other nations. As far as I know Germans are taught NOT to romanticize their 20th century history. Americans (at least where I come from) are taught that Slavery/Jim crow era are a bad part of USA’s past. The English Schools on the other hand teach their young how great the empire was and how it “civilized the uncivilized world,” and all the horrific atrocities committed by the empire are simply brushed under the rug.

they in fact were the first to introduce concentration camps... (in South Africa)...
They also authorized carpet bombings on civilians just to make them turn against their dictator (I guess such tactic will soon be witnessed again in North Korea)

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:31 pm

^ Precisely. English schools don’t teach about the dark side of the British rule. They committed heinous crimes against humanity in Africa and Asia. Boer camps, Chuka Massacre, Amritsar Massacre, Letting people die in famines etc. the list is long and the death tolls are in millions. Plus a super racist like Churchill is revered! Churchill was as, if not more, racist as Hitler. However, all his negative traits are concealed when talking about English history.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Britain (mainly England though) puts up a front about equality and anti-racism but under the surface is still one of the most racist developed countries in the world. This is a country that voted to leave the EU primarily (despite what the Brexiteers may tell you) to "kick foreigners out" and "stop any more coming in". Immigration was the main concern of most Leave voters.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:12 pm

America USA wrote:^ Precisely. English schools don’t teach about the dark side of the British rule. They committed heinous crimes against humanity in Africa and Asia. Boer camps, Chuka Massacre, Amritsar Massacre, Letting people die in famines etc. the list is long and the death tolls are in millions. Plus a super racist like Churchill is revered! Churchill was as, if not more, racist as Hitler. However, all his negative traits are concealed when talking about English history.
I never told you this... last month I was in a famous garden in our Capital and a group of German tourist were with their guide admiring Churchill's statue...
When I passed by I could not hold myself...
I said... Churchill is a war criminal and repeated the phrase in broken German Krieg Kriminal
I can't describe the looks on their faces... it was priceless

Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Lukas wrote:Britain (mainly England though) puts up a front about equality and anti-racism but under the surface is still one of the most racist developed countries in the world. This is a country that voted to leave the EU primarily (despite what the Brexiteers may tell you) to "kick foreigners out" and "stop any more coming in". Immigration was the main concern of most Leave voters.
But to be fair they are against all foreigners... including Europeans (actually mainly against European immigration)

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Exactly. Against anyone who isn't white and British. In other words: Racist.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Next

Return to German National Team