You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Northern Ireland will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Postby Manchu » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm

America USA wrote:Too many Central defenders in the squad. I think Löw is gonna field a back three in both games. Will be interesting to see what formation he uses to break down a ten man parked bus.

Well, we have six center backs: Ginter, Sule, Mustufi(god save us if he gets selected for the world cup), Hummels, Boateng, and Rudiger. Of these, Rudiger, Ginter, and Boateng can theoretically play fullback, although it Boateng's case it is very theoretical.

Two fullbacks: Kimmich, and Plattenhardt, which is an unusually low number. Of these, Kimmich can play CB, center mid, and probably just about every other position on the field.

4 center mids: Kroos, Can, Goretzka, and Rudy. Two of these are registas and two are box to box. Kroos could theoretically play in an attacking mid role.

6 attackers: Draxler, Stindl, Muller, Younes, Brandt, and Sane. Of these, Draxler and Younes mainly play on the wings, while Muller, Brandt, and Sane play both on the wings and in the center and Stindl almost always play in the center. Stindl could theoretically play CF.

Finally, we have Werner and Wagner as the center forwards.

If I had to guess purely based off of these numbers, I would say that the formation that Jogi is planning on includes 3 CBs, 1 fullback, 2 CM, 3 attackers, and 1 CF. Which, of course, makes little sense.

I, personally, would prefer to play something like this:
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:Too many Central defenders in the squad. I think Löw is gonna field a back three in both games. Will be interesting to see what formation he uses to break down a ten man parked bus.

Well, we have six center backs: Ginter, Sule, Mustufi(god save us if he gets selected for the world cup), Hummels, Boateng, and Rudiger. Of these, Rudiger, Ginter, and Boateng can theoretically play fullback, although it Boateng's case it is very theoretical.

Two fullbacks: Kimmich, and Plattenhardt, which is an unusually low number. Of these, Kimmich can play CB, center mid, and probably just about every other position on the field.

4 center mids: Kroos, Can, Goretzka, and Rudy. Two of these are registas and two are box to box. Kroos could theoretically play in an attacking mid role.

6 attackers: Draxler, Stindl, Muller, Younes, Brandt, and Sane. Of these, Draxler and Younes mainly play on the wings, while Muller, Brandt, and Sane play both on the wings and in the center and Stindl almost always play in the center. Stindl could theoretically play CF.

Finally, we have Werner and Wagner as the center forwards.

If I had to guess purely based off of these numbers, I would say that the formation that Jogi is planning on includes 3 CBs, 1 fullback, 2 CM, 3 attackers, and 1 CF. Which, of course, makes little sense.

I, personally, would prefer to play something like this:
What about Hoewedes? And how dare you not include Gómez?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 pm

MUTU wrote:What about Hoewedes? And how dare you not include Gómez?

They're both injured, along with Ozil, and hence weren't called up. The only surprising omission from the squad is Gotze, but I think Low is trying to give him as much time as possible to get back to 100%.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Manchu wrote:
MUTU wrote:What about Hoewedes? And how dare you not include Gómez?

They're both injured, along with Ozil, and hence weren't called up. The only surprising omission from the squad is Gotze, but I think Low is trying to give him as much time as possible to get back to 100%.
My bad, I thought you were talking about the world cup.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 pm

If it is a 4231 then play this team.

If it is a back three then play this.

Mustafi does a decent job for Arsenal when he’s playing in the middle of the back three.

I personally would not start Timo this game for two reasons:-
1. I don’t know how much space he’ll have to run into behind a parked bus of ten men.
2. I can see him get outmuscled by the West Brom style thugs. Wagner is a big strong guy and will be able to hold his own against physical defenders and Wagner would be better in the air than Timo.

I say start Wagner.
Last edited by America USA on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

America USA wrote: As Lukas also said, most people who genuinely identify as Irish do not believe in this gerrymandered state and want not part of the Kingdom. The Republic is the real Irish state.

BTW, I know a good joke about genuinely identified Irish people:

Q: what is a 7 course meal for an Irishman?
A: A six pack and a potato.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:16 am

If Werner is out then Germany will have some difficulty in winning this. Who has some money on draw or NI?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 am

FCB12Forever wrote:If Werner is out then Germany will have some difficulty in winning this. Who has some money on draw or NI?

Sandro Wagner might actually be a better fit against a physical team which parks the bus to the extreme. Ideally, we would play Gomez, but he's out.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:01 am

We're going to lose this. We have six Bayern players in the squad who probably haven't slept an hour last night. We can't replace them all. Kimmich, two out of Süle, Boateng and Hummels, and Müller will have to play.

Hopefully we can get that point on Sunday against Azerbaijan.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:04 pm

RedQueen wrote:We're going to lose this. We have six Bayern players in the squad who probably haven't slept an hour last night. We can't replace them all. Kimmich, two out of Süle, Boateng and Hummels, and Müller will have to play.

Hopefully we can get that point on Sunday against Azerbaijan.

Starting Eleven with minimal Bayern presence. GK is Ter Stegan

Wagner
Draxler Stindl Sane
Kroos Can/Goretzka
Plattendhart Hummels Rudiger Kimmich

Draxler Wagner Sane
Plattendhart Kroos Goretzka/Can Kimmich
Hummels Mustafi Rudiger

Hummels is possibly the best central defender in BL so he must start and Kimmich has been the best Bayern player this season. I know the Jupp news hasn’t gone down too well with ya (I’m kinda confused too and really don’t know how to feel about this situation) but claiming that Germany will lose because of Bayern players is a but too far fetched. Löw is smart enough to see if there’s a problem with the Bayern contingent and will not start all/most of them if he senses all is not right. In this article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... kness.html) he says that he did not find any problems at all.

Plus he has other fine players from PSG, Citeh, Hoffenheim, Schalke, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc. to choose from as well.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Our players have always shown that they can isolate themselves from club issues when on international duty. Plus, Ancelotti leaving can only bring about a positive mood for these players regardless of who will be assigned now. I am hoping for a "big" performance by Muller today.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:56 pm

We will have five starters...
Boa
Hummels
Kimmich
Rudy
Mueller

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Rudy WHAT A SHOT!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:49 pm

RUDYYYYYYYYY

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Woah! Watching Malta playing but got a notification with a video of this goal. Wow.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team