You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Northern Ireland will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2017-10-05] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 pm

America USA wrote:
pyrasur wrote:What do you have against these people?

Where should I start?
Firstly these people are NOT Irish they are subjects of the Queen. No true Irishman would ever sing God save the Queen. I maybe of German descent but I’ve Uncles/Aunts who are Irish and they do not view the “state” of Northern Ireland in a very positive light (and I’m being extremely polite when I say that). The gerrymandered country is considered to be nothing but an English puppet state.

As Lukas also said, most people who genuinely identify as Irish do not believe in this gerrymandered state and want not part of the Kingdom. The Republic is the real Irish state.

If that wasn’t enough their park the bus, hoof the ball and kick out the opponents tactics make it almost impossible to not hate them. They are the NT version of Tony Pulis WBA. That in itself makes them all the more Unlikable! Just last week a WBA player tried to break Gundogan with a disgusting tackle from the back. I expect the same ugly stuff from these “Irish” players.

Also, Let those fake Irishmen sing about the Second World War. That’s all the banter the fans from the UK can come up with I guess. Maybe it’ll motive der boys to pulverize the scum!

ramsej84 wrote:N.Ireland is just an annexation to England...
So yes Germany will be playing England's C team here...

Exactly!

P.S. on a side note a big issue I got with the English (not you specifically Lukas but your system) is how they look at their history compared to other nations. As far as I know Germans are taught NOT to romanticize their 20th century history. Americans (at least where I come from) are taught that Slavery/Jim crow era are a bad part of USA’s past. The English Schools on the other hand teach their young how great the empire was and how it “civilized the uncivilized world,” and all the horrific atrocities committed by the empire are simply brushed under the rug.

I could be wrong, it's not for me to say how other people view their culture, but I suspect there's a subtle difference up in that part between being Irish and really being Irish. Like being American and being a Native American. I feel like you are missing the fact that a lot of them aren't catholic Irish.

I can see that you being part Irish I guess it's fair that it can bother you that some of them don't view themselves as Irish. It's just weird that you keep attacking them. But then I don't see why I care either
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Lukas wrote:Britain (mainly England though) puts up a front about equality and anti-racism but under the surface is still one of the most racist developed countries in the world.

I think the winners for that title would be Italy, Spain and Poland and of course let’s not forget our very own South! Actually some non-southern states like New Hampshire, Nebraska, the Dakotas can be pretty bad too in that respect.

On the issue of uncontrolled migration from the Middle East, my stance is more right wing than on say economic issues (where I’m pretty lefty) but that’s another topic for another day.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Lukas wrote:Exactly. Against anyone who isn't white and British. In other words: Racist.
TBH I don't think your correct in your judgement.
1. All UK citizens including commonwealth citizens (like Maltese , Indians, Pakis, Nigerians etc) had the right to vote.
2. They mainly voted against those from Europe who come to England just to take your sweet social benefits and to do pick pocketing as a part time job (same happening here)
3. To stop paying a daily bill to the unelected elite

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:52 pm

You just don't get it
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:53 pm

pyrasur wrote:I could be wrong, it's not for me to say how other people view their culture, but I suspect there's a subtle difference up in that part between being Irish and really being Irish. Like being American and being a Native American. I feel like you are missing the fact that a lot of them aren't catholic Irish.

I can see that you being part Irish I guess it's fair that it can bother you that some of them don't view themselves as Irish. It's just weird that you keep attacking them. But then I don't see why I care either

The negative feelings don’t come so much from religious reasons than the fact that they are seen as sellouts to the Monarchy. The English did lots of bad things to the Irish and these so called “Irish” are perceived as ethnic traitors. Also the N. Ireland was nothing but a gerrymandered state set up by the UK to weaken its enemy. Ireland was a single unified country for centuries and many Irish people resent the fact that it’s not that way anymore because of English interference.

Also, I’m not Irish. My dad’s elder brothers have married Irish descendant ladies and my Maternal aunt (mother’s cousin) is married to an Irish immigrant. Those Uncles/Aunts of mine feel pretty strongly about this issue and I guess that has had a profound influence upon me and how I look at that subject.

I’m German with a bit of Dutch/Scandinavian mixed along the line. :wink:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 pm

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:Britain (mainly England though) puts up a front about equality and anti-racism but under the surface is still one of the most racist developed countries in the world.

I think the winners for that title would be Italy, Spain and Poland and of course let’s not forget our very own South! Actually some non-southern states like New Hampshire, Nebraska, the Dakotas can be pretty bad too in that respect.

On the issue of uncontrolled migration from the Middle East, my stance is more right wing than on say economic issues (where I’m pretty lefty) but that’s another topic for another day.

I'd put myself in the same bracket tbh.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

To think of a group of people as ethnic traitors is just slightly racist to me. But obviously it's a complicated issue so it's not like i have the right viewpoint.

I do agree subjecting oneself to a monarchy is pretty lame. But i also think subjecting oneself to a society is also a denigration of individual value.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:40 am

Is anyone actually looking forward to this game seeing Bayern play so miserably..?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Is anyone actually looking forward to this game seeing Bayern play so miserably..?

no as I will be watching my country ... :twisted: :twisted:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:Is anyone actually looking forward to this game seeing Bayern play so miserably..?

You won't get a break from watching losses then :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:47 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

You won't get a break from watching losses then :lol:

I think we will get a point :twisted:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am

I'm off to a shrink. ramsej84 is more positive than me. :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 am

MUTU wrote:I'm off to a shrink. ramsej84 is more positive than me. :lol:

for those who are not following me and mutu are discussing our NT chances vs Lithuania :wink:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:33 am

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Too many Central defenders in the squad. I think Löw is gonna field a back three in both games. Will be interesting to see what formation he uses to break down a ten man parked bus.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team