You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-06-21] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Northern Ireland will win
22%
It will end in a draw
11%
Germany will win
67%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2016-06-21] Northern Ireland vs Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:04 pm

RB624 wrote:^ I just don't think Low is smart enough to do it or even think of it.

He shouldn't tbh. There's no sportsmanship in it and Germany should always aim to win the group. But we can hope for an unplanned draw? :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RB624 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:39 pm

^If we're talking about colluding with N.Ireland, I agree with you 100%. If we're talking about trying to draw as opposed to trying to win, it's a little more of a gray area, but you're right and they shouldn't do that either.

But YES I will join you in hoping for the unplanned draw. I usually wouldn't take it that far and would hope Germany could beat whomever is in front of them, but I agree with most of the users here and think that they look dismal and have little chance of progressing against the big teams. However who's to say they can beat any of the next level teams? I'm sure a lot of people were pleased with Germany's opponents in '94 and '98 and look how they ended up. Maybe they can face Spain or Italy or France and use it as a wake-up call by either somehow winning or by losing badly and realizing that things are really broken.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RB624 wrote:^ I just don't think Low is smart enough to do it or even think of it.

He shouldn't tbh. There's no sportsmanship in it and Germany should always aim to win the group. But we can hope for an unplanned draw? :P

I highly doubt N. Ireland will pull a 180 and play offensive as opposed to their last two matches. So if we'll again see a 10 man defense then I doubt there's need for hoping for a draw. Not unless any of the germans pull a screamer from 25-35 metres up the pitch.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MillaMjau » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Germany must beat Northern Ireland, plain and simple, there is no excuse. At the moment, no big team has looked convincing so far (including Spain) and out of those, Germany has the most room to improve. At the moment, if Germany win, looks like they will play Albania, Iceland, or Slovakia, although the latter two have yet to play the third match. If I recall correctly, German fans weren't so confident following a draw with Ghana, narrow win against USA, and extra time victory against Algeria in the world cup. Germany have been dismal so far, but it doesn't mean they can't improve.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby vigneshFCB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:04 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:Germany must beat Northern Ireland, plain and simple, there is no excuse. At the moment, no big team has looked convincing so far (including Spain) and out of those, Germany has the most room to improve. At the moment, if Germany win, looks like they will play Albania, Iceland, or Slovakia, although the latter two have yet to play the third match. If I recall correctly, German fans weren't so confident following a draw with Ghana, narrow win against USA, and extra time victory against Algeria in the world cup. Germany have been dismal so far, but it doesn't mean they can't improve.

How have Spain not looked convincing?
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:11 pm

vigneshFCB wrote:
FCB Puerto Rico wrote:Germany must beat Northern Ireland, plain and simple, there is no excuse. At the moment, no big team has looked convincing so far (including Spain) and out of those, Germany has the most room to improve. At the moment, if Germany win, looks like they will play Albania, Iceland, or Slovakia, although the latter two have yet to play the third match. If I recall correctly, German fans weren't so confident following a draw with Ghana, narrow win against USA, and extra time victory against Algeria in the world cup. Germany have been dismal so far, but it doesn't mean they can't improve.

They struggled to defeat a poor Czech team and Turkey play worse than Iceland, although they have the players to contest that group.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby vigneshFCB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:32 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:
vigneshFCB wrote:

They struggled to defeat a poor Czech team and Turkey play worse than Iceland, although they have the players to contest that group.

But the poor Czech team drew 2-2 with an amazing Modric-Rakitic-Kovacic-Mandzukic-Perisic Croatia. They even almost outpossessed Croatia.

Spain had 75% possession ad 25 shots on goal. That's pure dominance which has not even been closely replicated, and Spain's comfortable clinicality Turkey tells me that Czech result was a freak, a one-off. It can sometimes occur that you only score once in a game totally dominated, even if you are the best team in the tournament. Bayern fans will know this.

Spain are the most technical and the best team in the tournament. Since their midfield should dominate anyone, if their attack fire Spain are comfortable favourites for EURO 2016.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:13 am

GOTZE KEEN TO MARK TERRITORY AGAINST NORTHERN IRELAND [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:30 am

Germany will not get time on the ball, says N. Ireland’s Ward [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Well, if they'll take their time picking the ball from inside the net... :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:24 am

IMO a 1-0 for Germany should be considered very lucky.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:06 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I surely hope so. Direct football it is :coffee:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:14 pm

vigneshFCB wrote:Spain are the most technical and the best team in the tournament. Since their midfield should dominate anyone, if their attack fire Spain are comfortable favourites for EURO 2016.

This is actually what Germany might need: a team that takes the ball away and force them to a more direct style.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Essentially, Spain's midfield preys on teams that sit back and allow them to dictate; who does that remind you of? You guessed it, Germany. However, both teams like having the ball, and press each other to get it back, which is why those games tend to be tense and decided by 1 goal. Spain's attack in Nolito and Silva is, in my opinion, sub-par (not that ours has been good, anyway), and Morata is strong but not particularly fast so a strong defender like Boateng should be able to mark him well. Spain and Germany's styles are actually similar, the difference is Kroos hasn't had anyone particularly capable to pass it to like Iniesta has in Morata.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team