You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Netherlands will win
5%
It will end in a draw
14%
Germany will win
81%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2012-06-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 pm

^ I beat you there by a minute 8)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:50 pm

We'll see. Gomez has got his goal now, so he may very well open the floodgates again, especially against a weak Holland defense, but there's no denying that the Klose-Özil-Müller triangle is the strongest balanced attacking option Germany has, especially in the counterattacking kind of football that can be played against Holland.

Honestly, I'd hate to make this decision. If it were for just one game, I'd take Klose. If I had to plan ahead, I'd take Gomez. I think selection wise the issue of the fullbacks as well as the problem with Podolski are far more pressing concerns.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 pm

I think it should be - Klose at ST Özil CF RAM Müller LAM Poldi (Schürrle/Reus '70) RDM Schweini/Kroos (If we want to rest the former) LDM Khedira RB Lahm RCB Hummels LCB Badstuber LB Schmelzer/Boateng (Höwedes?) GK Neuer.
Lineup sheet coming soon.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm

---------------------Klose--------------------------------Podolski*-----Özil----------Muller---------------Schweini**-----Khedira-------------Scmelzer***-Bads---Hummels--Lahm------------------------Neuer---------------------
* (70' Schürrle/Reus)
** Replace with Kroos IF you want to rest him, maybe sub him on later.
***Boateng and Höwedes were really solid at FB, we might take either.
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 pm

To be honest I doubt Gomez will be dropped considering he scored our only goal so far. Klose will do just as well a job if not better though, and he had some good moves in the 10 minutes he played. If the three attacking midfielders play well, then Gomez might be more useful but if they play like last Saturday, then Klose is the man.

I think both of them will get a decent amount of playing time throughout the entire tournament though.

EDIT: It's great that we're discussing this, along with others such as Poldi vs Schurrle though. It goes to show just how much depth Germany has. Remember that we will be playing every 4 days or so. Germany are one of the few countries who can actually rotate like clubs do, and that is a HUGE advantage in this kind of tournament.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I just realized that Bayern...oh! I mean Germany can knock out Holland if they win 2morro:P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:To be honest I doubt Gomez will be dropped considering he scored our only goal so far. Klose will do just as well a job if not better though, and he had some good moves in the 10 minutes he played. If the three attacking midfielders play well, then Gomez might be more useful but if they play like last Saturday, then Klose is the man.

I think both of them will get a decent amount of playing time throughout the entire tournament though.

EDIT: It's great that we're discussing this, along with others such as Poldi vs Schurrle though. It goes to show just how much depth Germany has. Remember that we will be playing every 4 days or so. Germany are one of the few countries who can actually rotate like clubs do, and that is a HUGE advantage in this kind of tournament.

Totally agree.

I have no problem who will start (Gomez or Klose), probably both will take some time. If Gomez hadn't score, then it would be 100% Klose, but now both have 50% IMO. Depends of the play that Loew will want us to play as they are a bit different.

It's great we have all this pluralism in midfield/attack and our defence looked solid because we don't have the same pluralism there...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I just realized that Bayern...oh! I mean Germany can knock out Holland if they win 2morro:P

Only if Portugal doesn't win. If Portugal and Germany win tomorrow, and then Germany and Holland win in the third round there will be Germany on 9 points and the rest of the teams at 3 points each, so goal difference will matter then.

If Denmark get at least a draw in the afternoon match then Germany can eliminate Holland in the evening.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Cathe » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Boo. I can't watch this match live. Turns out I have plans for tomorrow night that I forgot about and I can't cancel. Blah. Would rather watch Germany play :P

I'll record it and watch it when I get home.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Sucks man.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Bayern bet Netherlands 3-2

Bayern have only changed jerseys , so a 3-2 again is highly possible
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:20 pm

AvatarX wrote:If Gomez hadn't score, then it would be 100% Klose, but now both have 50% IMO

Exactly

AvatarX wrote:It's great we have all this pluralism in midfield/attack and our defence looked solid because we don't have the same pluralism there...

True, but we can still juggle around a bit (without playing Mertesacker). We have Schmelzer, Bender and Howedes who can fill in as fullbacks, we can switch Boateng to LB and put Lahm at RB, or we can try out Howedes and Boateng at CB.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Schurrle should be used as a super-sub imo, he has the energy, hunger and quality to make the difference in the last 20 minutes, just like Egypt's Gedo in AFCON 2010.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby The Spyware » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Why Podolski should have even 0.1% possibility to start ?

Seriously I don't know
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 pm

If we play against Poland in the quarterfinals it is going to be like another Bayern - Dortmund game :twisted:

The Spyware wrote:Why Podolski should have even 0.1% possibility to start ?

Seriously I don't know

At least I hope we see Schürrle/Reus/Götze early in the second half if he is having another mediocre performance. I can understand that Löw wants someone like Poldi playing on the wing because he is superfast and can score, but so is Schürrle or even Reus (the most in form player IMO)

We have world class midfielders in our bench like Reus, Götze and Schürrle and they haven't played a single minute yet. :x
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team