You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Netherlands will win
5%
It will end in a draw
14%
Germany will win
81%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2012-06-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 am

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:We will see some of those youngsters next match....I believe Low will make some changes as we really dont need to win.
I would like to see Reus instead of Podolski and Kroos instead of Khedira....than Gotze and Schurrle in 2nd half

I hope not. Denmark just need to win 1-0 to overtake Germany in the standings, and should that happen and Portugal also win, Germany would be eliminated.

This is a bit science fiction scenario, but it is mathematically possible.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 am

I doubt that Denmark will win :)

Gotze, Reus, Kroos, Schurrle and any other subs we have are all superior to Denmarks players.

And those players on the bench are really as good as some we have in first 11. Who would argue that Podolski is better than Reus? I think we need to rest some of the players.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

-----Kroos--Scheweini--------
Reuss-Ozil/Goetze-Schruelle

I know a bit too offensive but still a good formation
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

Bayernbazi wrote:b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more
than two teams finish equal on points);

Wait a minute, does this mean that in the theoretical situation that we lose to Denmark and Portugal win, the matches with the Netherlands don't count?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:b) superior goal difference in the matches among the teams in question (if more
than two teams finish equal on points);

Wait a minute, does this mean that in the theoretical situation that we lose to Denmark and Portugal win, the matches with the Netherlands don't count?

As I said before, yes we would be eliminated in this scenario. We cannot rest on our laurels. The next match should be treated as a knockout match. Denmark scored as many goals as we did.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am

sch0ll7 wrote:I doubt that Denmark will win

To be honest if Germany go with a B-team, they're still superior to half the teams in the tournament, and I'm talking an entire new 11. However they would be weak defensively with Mertesacker at CB and Kroos-Gundogan in midfield.

We should not change all 11, but we should make a lot of changes so that our players are fresh and others get the chance to prove they deserve a starting place. If we play like this, I see very little chance of Denmark beating Germany:

-------------------Neuer---------------------
Lahm---Howedes---Bads/Hummels---Schmelzer
-----------Bender---Kroos------------------
Reus-----------Goetze--------------Schurrle
-----------------Klose-----------------------

our counter attacking play would be out of this world. We might even be better offensively like this. And if things aren't going right, we always have the other players on the bench.

It also remains to be seen whether Portugal will win. Considering how they almost threw the game away against Denmark yesterday, I'm not so sure. I can't imagine Netherlands going home with 0 points either. I think the final standings will be:

Germany 9
Portugal 4
Denmark 3
Netherlands 1
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 am

If Loew rests players and Germany get eliminated or don't end up first in the group, I hope that I don't see a single complaint from you guys who want players rested. Next match would likely be against Poland, which I consider a smaller threat than Denmark.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:00 pm

MUTU wrote:As I said before, yes we would be eliminated in this scenario. We cannot rest on our laurels. The next match should be treated as a knockout match. Denmark scored as many goals as we did.

Yes I realized that even if the Netherlands game does not count, the scenario would still be exactly the same.

Like I said in my previous post we can rest some players (maybe a bit less than what I posted) though. As long as we don't put in Mertesacker, play with a defensive midfielder, and keep Neuer in, I'm not worried.

It's going to be interesting to see who replaces Boateng though.

EDIT:

MUTU wrote:If Loew rests players and Germany get eliminated or don't end up first in the group, I hope that I don't see a single complaint from you guys who want players rested. Next match would likely be against Poland, which I consider a smaller threat than Denmark.

However in the Poland game (or whoever we play) just a 1-0 loss would be enough to knock us out. Against Denmark it's a different story. A draw would see us win the group, a 1-0 loss would see us through anyway, and even if we do lose by 2 goals it still depends on Portugal.

It's true that we don't need to rest players that much for the quarter-finals, but they will still be fresher for the semis.

Btw, we still don't know whether it's better to win the group or finish 2nd. In my eyes, I always want us to win the group because if we want to win the title, we have to beat anyone we face. But depending on the other groups, it could turn out to be easier if we finish 2nd.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sinabayram » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:20 pm

I HAD A BET FOR THIS MATCH.I NATURALLY SUPPORT DFB,MY FRIEND CHOOSED NETHERLANDS.AND AWARD IS DOMİNOS ITALIANO PIZZA MENU WITH POMMES-FRENCH FRIES AND DRINK.ANYWAY I WAS VERY RELAXED BECAUSE I ALWAYS TRUST LÖW'S TEAM.AND I WON IT,NOW I AM LOOKING FOR EAT THAT PIZZA :lol: DANKE FÜR ALLES DEUTSCHLAND 8) ALSO I HAVE A BET (WHO'LL BE THE MOST SCORER OF EURO 2012/MY BET IS MARIO GOMEZ)/EVERYTHING IS GOING FINE
sinabayram
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't want players rested, I want an improved lineup which would probably mean Shuerrle or Reus in for Poldi.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Element » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 pm

----------------------------------Neuer--------------------------------------------
L.Bender-----------Hummels---------Badstuber------------------------Lahm
---------------------Khedira------------Schweinsteiger----------------------
Goetze--------------------------Kroos------------------------------Schuerrle
----------------------------------Klose--------------------------------------

Would Be Great
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby HerrRommel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 pm

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HerrRommel
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Element wrote:Would Be Great

Agree but Reus should play instead of Kroos for two reasons:
1) Goetze is probably better as CAM
2) Kroos has played in both games, even if only as a sub.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

I think Götze's future is playing CAM with Dortmund, but let's not forget that even last season when Kagawa was injured for the whole second half of the season Götze played as CAM the first 2-3 games but then he moved to the right again so Lewandowski played CAM behind Lucas Barrios.

So he is probably not fully adapted to play CAM yet (even though he played a great game against Brazil there)

We can still be kicked out of the tournament, so I'm not expecting a lot of changes in the lineup. I hope we see Schürrle or Reus in the left attacking midfield.

How about Schürrle as LAM and then in the second half Reus comes in and destroys Denmark in counter attacks :P
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

AvatarX wrote:BTW it was like Loew was reading the forum and wanting to tease some of the users here and made the SAME EXACT chances with the same players at almost identical timeline as he did in the previous game :P

Haha yeah I noticed that too. Like, when Bender was coming on, I thought to myself "now just hold on a minute".
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team